R.I.P. cyanogenmod development

Search This thread

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI
We had like 2 devs working on cyanogenmod and then **** happened and the first is back to being dead in the water. There wasn't much hope to begin with but I'm starting to entirely lose hope for this phone.

Sent from my HTC first

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
I agree, I'm not much of a miui fan either, I enjoy the look and feel of a stock/AOSP rom

Sent from my HTC first

personaly i like the look of miui and android 4.4 more than any other rom. i think kit kat is the way to go though since i actually want an freaking app drawer haha.
miui had the elegance and style till android 4.4 came out. now its simply who wants miui functionality vs aosp 4.4.

Kendosis

May 5, 2009
New York
I prefer the look of miui also, stock android lacks synergy imo, all of the apps just seem all over the place with nothing in common design wise asides from the various shades of blue lol. The consistent design is what I like about miui and even sense 5 to some extent.

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
personaly i like the look of miui and android 4.4 more than any other rom. i think kit kat is the way to go though since i actually want an freaking app drawer haha.
miui had the elegance and style till android 4.4 came out. now its simply who wants miui functionality vs aosp 4.4.

I prefer the look of miui also, stock android lacks synergy imo, all of the apps just seem all over the place with nothing in common design wise asides from the various shades of blue lol. The consistent design is what I like about miui and even sense 5 to some extent.

Sorry guys, you get what I give plus you will soon learn that I don't ever respond to requests or miui

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC

exactly. um, personaly, i think that android 4.4 is making progress with making a common style of app icons, but its not androids goal to make things look any better. its more of a functional os. like i say "iphones are toys for kids who care about the bling" and "androids are simply pieces of hardware, the rest is up to you"

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Sorry guys, you get what I give plus you will soon learn that I don't ever respond to requests or miui

not a request, just a suggestion btw.
how long does it take to build cm? takes rashed about a week at most with fixing everything.

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
exactly. um, personaly, i think that android 4.4 is making progress with making a common style of app icons, but its not androids goal to make things look any better. its more of a functional os. like i say "iphones are toys for kids who care about the bling" and "androids are simply pieces of hardware, the rest is up to you"

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

not a request, just a suggestion btw.
how long does it take to build cm? takes rashed about a week at most with fixing everything.

Look keep comparing me with Rashed, and you can just wait for him to never do it.

Reactions: henry_acevedo

abrahammmmmmm_

Oct 19, 2013
Salem
Me too! I'm anxiously but patiently waiting for your work, I've seen some of it and it's great. Take all the time that you want; I'd rather have stability over quick & an alpha stage ROM

Reactions: craig82

craig82

Mar 10, 2011
Great to see you here Lloir. I know your work is worth waiting for. I enjoyed your cyanogenmod work on the x+.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like the ROM is far from dead ;)
    uqy4eda7.jpg

right now i'm doing CM10.1 then i'll move onto 10.2 once 10.1 is stable enough and so on
    thread cleaned up a little. Lets try and all get along. Just cause you are abrupt in real life doesn't mean you need to be on here and should think about that when others see your titles and look up to people like you. On the flip side there is no reason to call someone out and troll them either. Next time I see this attitude towards each other then more drastic measures can be made. I hope it doesn't come to that.
    im sure he will come back....at some point. not saying hes requred to do XXXX.

you know, putting people down, is a really bad way to get stuff done on an obsolete device
    ANYWAYSSSSS, good luck Lloir, ill be looking forward to see your work, thanks again for working on this phone