Installing Cyanogenmod - Why is a MicroSD needed ?

Search This thread

mug2k

Jul 11, 2010
I've purchased a Nook HD+ and plan to root and rom it straight away. I have a Galaxy Note 2 and putting a new rom on is fairly straight forward and usually involves putting the required files on the internal memory and booting into recovery. Just wondered why most of the tutorials for the Nook involve using a 4Gb+ microSD ?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I've purchased a Nook HD+ and plan to root and rom it straight away. I have a Galaxy Note 2 and putting a new rom on is fairly straight forward and usually involves putting the required files on the internal memory and booting into recovery. Just wondered why most of the tutorials for the Nook involve using a 4Gb+ microSD ?
Because the Nook HD+ does not have a recovery that can be used to install new ROMs. The bootable CWM recovery SD is necessary to do that.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

mug2k

Jul 11, 2010
Because the Nook HD+ does not have a recovery that can be used to install new ROMs. The bootable CWM SD is necessary to do that.

Ok thanks for that, if I get an microSD that is larger than 4GB is the rest of the space usable?. Lastly is it still the case that Class 4's work the best?

Sorry for all the questions :eek:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Ok thanks for that, if I get an microSD that is larger than 4GB is the rest of the space usable?. Lastly is it still the case that Class 4's work the best?

Sorry for all the questions :eek:
If you use my new procedure from my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature (per item 1a), then you can use any size SD you want and it is all usable. But that being said, you want to use a relatively small SD (4-8GB) because you should save it for future CWM use and not use it for other things. You WILL need it again when things go wrong.

Yes, SanDisk class 4 work best.

barth2

Jan 30, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10+
on related note: after CWM use, how do i reclaim the microsd? Windows now thinks the card only has 4gb and reformatting it does not help. (If I'd known, i would have gotten a smaller capacity card).

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Grab a program called sdformater not home don't have the link. Google will get it for you.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: barth2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Grab a program called sdformater not home don't have the link. Google will get it for you.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app