Xiaomi Mi Key/MiClick - Pressy Clone

Search This thread

ThrowingKs

Jul 11, 2010
I ordered 2 Xiaomi Mi Keys/MiClicks from TinyDeal and received them yesterday. They work great. They are basically little plugs that add an extra hardware button to your phone by using your headphone jack, but don't really disrupt any functions of your phone.

I have found that Hello KlicK from the Play Store works the best for my needs so far.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.helloklick.android

I am going to keep doing some research because I would really like the button to enable/disable Expanded Desktop. But, for now, I have single click set to Open App: Nova Launcher, and that allows me to skip the lockscreen and go right to my home screen. Double Click to Open App: Camera, and triple click to Open App: Hello KlicK. A long press naturally opens Google Voice Search even without Hello KlicK installed, so I left that option alone.

I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with one of these, and I would also be glad to answer anybody's questions about mine.

Last edited:

ThrowingKs

Jul 11, 2010
Related, i'm so please my Pressy has shipped now! Can't wait for it to arrive. Backed it from the start. I know there are these cheaper clones but the Pressy app looks pretty decent.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I would like to try the Pressy software, but I heard they have DRM so I didn't even try.

You'll like it. I think the concept needs to mature a little bit. There is a lot of potential with these little plugs. It would be pretty cool if some Xposed modules were created to allow access to the whole device, and not just be restricted to the basic software.

Reactions: Ather
Look what finally arrived today!

u6ehahyq.jpg

Has anyone with a clone having a problem on HTC ONE M8 with the double click action? By default that action initiates last number redial (within the operating system not Pressy related).

Apparently Pressy are aware of the issue and are addressing it FYI.

Reactions: dsmpampis

lazik

Mar 11, 2007
PLandia
There is new 7.6 version of Headset Button Control with bugfixed Pressy mode: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....headsetbutton

Info from author: "I just released a new version of Headset Button Controller to google play. The version 7.6 includes the pressy mode (version 7.5, which I released yesterday contained a bug) (...)
As I said I don´t wont to implement such a hack for long click.
Showing a different profile icon depending on the selected profile makes sense. I will put in on my backlog (...)"

Ark1406

Jul 13, 2013
They're $.39 cents with coupon GBSMR. You can only get one though, on the website a user posted right above this post.

Reactions: Cuppeerr

sirdirk

Mar 24, 2008
double click fix?

Would love to find a double click fix without having to use "headset button controller" I much prefer the "ikey" app for assigning functions but no matter what you assign or disable a double click calls the last contact in the call log... If I find anything I'll post back, till then it's HBC in pressy mode for me.

Would love to find a double click fix without having to use "headset button controller" I much prefer the "ikey" app for assigning functions but no matter what you assign or disable a double click calls the last contact in the call log... If I find anything I'll post back, till then it's HBC in pressy mode for me.

The Pressy team fixed that issue in their software. I can double click my Pressy now and it does whatever I programmed. I like that they managed to remove the head set icon from the notification bar too.

BB88

Jan 2, 2009
Has anyone with a clone having a problem on HTC ONE M8 with the double click action? By default that action initiates last number redial (within the operating system not Pressy related).

Apparently Pressy are aware of the issue and are addressing it FYI.

I have this issue with the iKey on my M7.

I wonder what they did to fix the issue? Is it just by adding an empty dial entry in the call history log?

As far as I can remember, it doesn't but I haven't got the Pressy installed at the moment so would need to check for sure.

They also managed to remove the headphone icon from the status bar too which is good. It was one of those irritating things that don't interfere with function, just a aesthetic issue.

Top Liked Posts