[Q] Htc One m7 -wifi stuck "turning on"

Search This thread

bag3ra

Apr 29, 2014
Hei guys !

I have a htc one with unlocked bootloader and s-off.

Yesterday my phone started to experience some trouble with the wi-fi connections. When i turn on the wi-fi it remains stuck on "turning on" and i can't turn it off anymore. I tried to more options by clicking on the 3 dots in the right corner but no succes..all options but "Advanced" are greyed out.

I already tried to flash a custom rom (Viper rom) and reflashed stock ruu and the problem persisted.

Any of you experienced similar problems?

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
I had that problem on another type of phone. It was hardware. You've already factory reset and changed the OS. The only other thing I can think of is to pull the battery (and you probably don't want to do this yourself). Good luck. I would send the phone in for warranty repair, if you can.

bag3ra

Apr 29, 2014
Unfortunately i can't rma the handset for repair because it was bought second hand.

I thought maybe it was another way to resolve this issue.. I found it odd because while i was using the device over the wifi connection it just disconnected and would not connect back on. No other glitch , fireworks or nothing..

Gerton

Nov 16, 2009
Same problem here,

it suddenly stopt working.
it trying to connect and stays there.
reboot is fixing it for a few minutes and problem is there
again.

i have the problem on multiple networks.

new firmware flashing didnt help,
new OS didnt help,
new Recovery didnt help...

GeneFitz23

Aug 29, 2013
I have the same exact problem.

It did turn on randomly one night after restoring a back up. Stayed on all night, gone in the morning.

Reactions: Gerton

Gerton

Nov 16, 2009
I Wil go back to stock soon and try if that helps. Don't think it will cause I think it's hardware related. But have to go stock when I want it to sent in for warranty.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Gerton

Nov 16, 2009
I bought a brand new second One M7 and flashed a backup from the "old" one. WiFi is working.

Running ARHD with experimental 14.11 I did a factory reset within TWRP 2.6.3.3 recovery on the "old" One and until now WiFi is already working for a day.

I thought it was hardware related but why is the "old" One working again....
And why is the new One has working WiFi with the exact same copy of OS....

Strange

Edit,
The "old" One WiFi stopt working.
Suddenly it was gone.
Going back to stock with that one and sent it in for repair.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Gerton

Nov 16, 2009
After a lot of sending and receiving, the phone stayed at HTC and they sent me an m8 for the inconvenience...

Ok. So I can't tell u guys what the problem was.

slayer1991

Feb 9, 2008
ON
Moto X Play
Hola, I seem to have a similar issue to the OP. After flashing a 5.1 GPE ROM, wifi never worked again.

I tried different ROMs, different TWRP, different firmwares, and even reformated partitions using mkfs.ext4. Wifi still stuck at "Turning on..."

Do you guys have any ideas? Thank youuuu!

slayer1991

Feb 9, 2008
ON
Moto X Play
After running the command below on Maximus HD 46, I was able to turn on WiFi, but the connection would be unstable, with the adapter often turning off and on.
Code:
su
restorecon -FR /data/media/0

Try going to the root folders and delete the wifi folder from data/misc then restart the phone. Might work.

I tried removing wpa_supplicant.conf. Tried removing the entire folder, connection still resetting randomly.

martheezz

Jun 30, 2016
How I fixed this issue.

Hei guys !

I have a htc one with unlocked bootloader and s-off.

Yesterday my phone started to experience some trouble with the wi-fi connections. When i turn on the wi-fi it remains stuck on "turning on" and i can't turn it off anymore. I tried to more options by clicking on the 3 dots in the right corner but no succes..all options but "Advanced" are greyed out.

I already tried to flash a custom rom (Viper rom) and reflashed stock ruu and the problem persisted.

Any of you experienced similar problems?

Hello. I have created an account here just to share how I fixed this problem because I couldn't find that solution posted on any forum. It might be helpful for someone, but also I might have been the one that caused the issue in the first place. I have a rooted HTC One M7 running 5.0.2.

So, the "Turning on..." for me occured once my phone's battery completely drained. I have plugged the phone in the charger and it displayed 0%. Once the charge level reached 1% I turned on the phone and almost immediatelly turned mobile data off and wifi on. It was then when it got stuck. I have tried almost all the accepted solutions and none of them worked. As I didn't have time to keep trying to solve the issue I left the phone as it was, not trying to connect anymore but saying "Error" under Wifi in Settings.

I thought about what might have caused this and remembered that I have recently tried to use my phone as a wifi extender using the app called "fqrouter2". Within the app there is an option in configuration "Disable Wifi P2P" that should be, as recommended by the app, disabled if the app failed to work. I have, of course, tried it but it didn't work anyway. I have uninstalled the app and that was it. Wifi worked fine until my phone died. So I decided to reinstall the app and try the "Restore Wifi P2P" option. After restoring it I uninstalled the app and power cycled my phone. When it turned on wifi started working again as if nothing ever happened.

As I said, I might have been the cause of the problem in the first place and I doubt somebody had the exact same situation as mine, but I'll leave this here, just in case. Cheers :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same exact problem.

It did turn on randomly one night after restoring a back up. Stayed on all night, gone in the morning.