[ROM][KK] Beanstalk Rom [GCC4.8] (20.02.14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Fluoxetine

Jan 27, 2014
Various
sigpic4552996_11.gif

Okay, so i wasn't sure whether or not we already had this Rom for our nexus 7 2013, i did some searching about, checked his github for official repos, checked official downloads on goo.im and i check xda, i found a bs harmony rom, but was not sure if that was pure beanstalk, and it hadn't been updated for a while so i decided to build Beanstalk with Linaro GCC 4.8.3 and release to you guys.

It is also official for the Nexus 5 and other devices so this thread will be like a "copy" of one of those threads and i might update in accordance for the same updates that they get (It's also unofficial for my 4x) ;)

Features
Okay, so for the feature list it is hard to make an exact list, if you look on other posts they have a rough outline of features, but i feel like it's a little outdated and not exactly as accurate as it could be, so i will add a full feature list here, and make additions, but not quite yet as i am being lazy ;) But it will be here soon, i will add some backtracked change-logs just for reference thou ;)

Bugs and Gapps
Don't think there are any bugs, because it's a nexus device, i used CM's tree's so i'm also unsure whether this is CAF or non-CAF in all honesty so some feedback on that would be handy too on that, as for gapps, just use whichever ones you already use, they should work if they are 4.4 and possibly ART compatible. Suggestions for gapps are also welcome!

Downloads
As soon as an official update hits, i'll build and put on my devhost account and i will link each one here with a possible link to my public folder to flo. Feel free to mirror or request a mirror, i'm sure we can sort one out if you are having issues with dev host your end, or possibly even my end ;)
Code:
MOD Edit: Links removed

Installation
If you don't already know how to do this step then i suggest you try out an officially supported Rom first before mine, they will most likely be safer and work perhaps a little bit better then my unofficial builds will​
Code:
[B]Coming from stock/other custom Rom[/B]
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed that supports flashing KK roms.
- Place BS and gapps zip's on internal memory
- Make a full backup
- Wipe everything (Cache, system, data, dalvik cache)
- Install BS
- Install Gapps
- Reboot

[B]Coming from BS (updating)[/B]
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed that supports flashing KK roms.
- Make a full backup
- Wipe cache, dalvik cache, system
- Install BS
- Install Gapps
- Reboot

Changelog from me, for rom changelog check an official thread
Code:
[B]20.01.14[/B]
- Initial Release
- Build with Linaro GCC4.8.3
- Sync BS sources

Thanks and sources
Code:
Scott for creating BS
CM for the trees i used
Google for the nexus stuff
all custom rom devs
all users on xda who use it
Kernel: https://github.com/CyanogenMod
BS: https://github.com/scotthartbti?tab=repositories

[I]Donate to Scott [URL="http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4552996"]here[/URL][/I]
To Donate to me just PM me and we can sort it out ;)

Official Threads contain instructions on how to build Beanstalk see Here
For a more in depth thread on building Roms, and using linux with cool tricks and how to build using only the command line see the most in depth tutorial on xda Here written by me in about 4-5hours!
-
-
-
-
-

Last edited by a moderator:

me4488

Jan 25, 2013
Sofia
I've been using this ROM on my Nexus 5 and I have to say that it is one of the best things that have ever happened to it. Or any device really. It has amazing customizability, tons of features, battery life is pretty dope when combined with a good kernel. I will never think of switching and cannot recommend this enough. I promise you won't be disappointed =3

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fluoxetine

r_scotter

Aug 29, 2012
Ohio
Thanks for this. Use to run BS on my S3 and am currently running it on my G2. Gonna give this a go in the next day or so. :thumbup:

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Thread Closed

As OP is no longer able to maintain.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sigpic4552996_11.gif

Okay, so i wasn't sure whether or not we already had this Rom for our nexus 7 2013, i did some searching about, checked his github for official repos, checked official downloads on goo.im and i check xda, i found a bs harmony rom, but was not sure if that was pure beanstalk, and it hadn't been updated for a while so i decided to build Beanstalk with Linaro GCC 4.8.3 and release to you guys.

It is also official for the Nexus 5 and other devices so this thread will be like a "copy" of one of those threads and i might update in accordance for the same updates that they get (It's also unofficial for my 4x) ;)

Features
    Okay, so for the feature list it is hard to make an exact list, if you look on other posts they have a rough outline of features, but i feel like it's a little outdated and not exactly as accurate as it could be, so i will add a full feature list here, and make additions, but not quite yet as i am being lazy ;) But it will be here soon, i will add some backtracked change-logs just for reference thou ;)

Bugs and Gapps
    Don't think there are any bugs, because it's a nexus device, i used CM's tree's so i'm also unsure whether this is CAF or non-CAF in all honesty so some feedback on that would be handy too on that, as for gapps, just use whichever ones you already use, they should work if they are 4.4 and possibly ART compatible. Suggestions for gapps are also welcome!

Downloads
    As soon as an official update hits, i'll build and put on my devhost account and i will link each one here with a possible link to my public folder to flo. Feel free to mirror or request a mirror, i'm sure we can sort one out if you are having issues with dev host your end, or possibly even my end ;)
    Code:
    MOD Edit: Links removed

Installation
    If you don't already know how to do this step then i suggest you try out an officially supported Rom first before mine, they will most likely be safer and work perhaps a little bit better then my unofficial builds will​
    Code:
    [B]Coming from stock/other custom Rom[/B]
    - Make a full backup
    - Wipe everything (Cache, system, data, dalvik cache)
    - Install BS
    - Install Gapps
    - Reboot

[B]Coming from BS (updating)[/B]
    - Make a full backup
    - Wipe cache, dalvik cache, system
    - Install BS
    - Install Gapps
    - Reboot

Changelog from me, for rom changelog check an official thread
    Code:
    [B]20.01.14[/B]
    - Initial Release
    - Build with Linaro GCC4.8.3
    - Sync BS sources

Thanks and sources
    Code:
    Scott for creating BS
    CM for the trees i used
    Google for the nexus stuff
    all custom rom devs
    all users on xda who use it
    Kernel: https://github.com/CyanogenMod
    BS: https://github.com/scotthartbti?tab=repositories

[I]Donate to Scott [URL="http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4552996"]here[/URL][/I]
    To Donate to me just PM me and we can sort it out ;)

Official Threads contain instructions on how to build Beanstalk see Here
    For a more in depth thread on building Roms, and using linux with cool tricks and how to build using only the command line see the most in depth tutorial on xda Here written by me in about 4-5hours!
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    SCREENSHOTS

e7e4y5yg.jpg

zahu3y7e.jpg

datytuza.jpg

e3unuhuv.jpg

4ymyde4u.jpg

3uje5a5e.jpg

7yvubete.jpg

vume8uve.jpg

mumaqejy.jpg

y5yzumyg.jpg

2uja9e6y.jpg

4ube8yte.jpg

ve9egasy.jpg

sepavuga.jpg

tynaba4y.jpg

pyhysute.jpg

enu5unus.jpg

buvy6azu.jpg

Great work mate

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
    I've been using this ROM on my Nexus 5 and I have to say that it is one of the best things that have ever happened to it. Or any device really. It has amazing customizability, tons of features, battery life is pretty dope when combined with a good kernel. I will never think of switching and cannot recommend this enough. I promise you won't be disappointed =3

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk