[Q] Should I buy the dual sim version?

Search This thread

GoPogoOreo!

Jun 18, 2013
Hey guys,
Should I buying the dual sim version Moto G?
Because there is'nt / not yet any single sim version Moto G here,
I'm considering this:
1) I heard that CM doesn't/not yet support the dual sim smartphone, is that true?
2) Can I use the single sim custom rom on the dual sim version? (It's okay for me even if the custom rom works with only 1 sim card)
3) If I can't install the single sim version custom rom on the dual sim version right now, is there any possibilities that the single sim custom rom will work on the dual sim version someday?
Because I think it's meaningless if I use an android phone, but I can't change anything on it :D

Any help will be much appreciated,

majju

Feb 4, 2013
Jeddah
Hey guys,
I'm considering this:
1) I heard that CM doesn't/not yet support the dual sim smartphone, is that true?
2) Can I use the single sim custom rom on the dual sim version? (It's okay for me even if the custom rom works with only 1 sim card)
3) If I can't install the single sim version custom rom on the dual sim version right now, is there any possibilities that the single sim custom rom will work on the dual sim version someday?
Because I think it's meaningless if I use an android phone, but I can't change anything on it :D

+1
if u find the solution pls help me also.

zazzy24

Aug 1, 2013
Hey guys,

I'm considering this:

you should buy the dual sim version without worries coz:

1) CM supports the dual sim version fully!
2) most of the single sim custom roms run on the dual sim version. you just have to flash the US stock firmware.
3) you can root it and get xposed to get most of the features custom roms provide and also remove the unwanted apps with root uninstaller if you decide to stay with stock rom.(there is not much bloatware anyway, pretty much stock kitkat)

also we are not talking about any android phone here, its the only phone under $200 with kitkat..

edit: i just realised that this is a very old thread! so u might have already made a decision and cm was not supported at that time...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

majju

Feb 4, 2013
Jeddah
R u sure most of ROMs work? Cos someone reply that single sim ROMs won't work on dual.
Even if one sim work It will be OK for me.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

zazzy24

Aug 1, 2013
Here is a link that mentions all the roms that are working for sure on xt1033
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2691614

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

The roms that do not work use the US or european or brazilian radio.. so if u wanna install those roms u will have to install the respective country's rom and radio...

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk