★ OFFICIAL kitkat For GALAXY GRAND 2 ★

Search This thread

jdrieper

Oct 12, 2009
Curitiba - PR
Humm, so it was possible to update by Odin ... But how may have changed the modem, it is likely that the 3G does not work right, because the radio bands, came to test if the 3G works (signal H +)?

If you had some form of update by Odin, without updating the modem, I would ...

I installed the Indian rom. The phone is working perfectly. The problem is don´t have the Portuguese language Brazil. Only English and Asian languages​​.

My SM-G7102 is imported, it is not the version with final T sold in Brazil.
And Still possessed the Portuguese language

Before upgrading to the KitKat, I taked a print screen of the settings of device

* Baseband version: G7102XXUAML5
* Kernel Version: 3.4.0-2671946 se.infra @ R0210-02 # 1 Tue May 13 21:33:27 KST 2014
* Build Number: JLS36C.G7102XXUANE2

Could anyone tell me which region was?

Last edited:

Souradeep132

Jul 29, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Fully Working Firmware

Guys I have successfully upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 to kitkat *(via kies). It took me 1 hour but the phone now works perfectly and those of you who are not able to decide if you should take the leap, I suggest you to uninstall any installed antivirus first and then update via kies. Then the update will perfectly work for you and the battery backup has also increased very much.Only 30% lost in a day after internet, gaming. The update is simply awesome. Love it

oxboll

Apr 5, 2011
Searched for an answer, here and elsewhere on the net, but I can't find if this KK version has multilingual support i.e. Dutch language.

Anyone? Tnx,. Ox

fadiiiiii

Feb 27, 2011
Update problem

My device loop
I have Samsung Grand 2 SM-G7102
ms013gxx
PDA: G7102XXUANE2 CSC: G7102OJVANE1 MODEM: G7102XXUAML5
android 4.3

and i have recovery cwm 6.5.0.0 (change my booting recovery from original with my device to cwm 6.0.5.0) and android 4.3 rooted on my device
I try to install 3 kinds of official kitkat from sammobile.com and my device go into loop restart and restart and restart

what version of kitkat i must to download to work on my device please please

is there any thing i can do?

Madongeer

Sep 15, 2014
Updating now??

Hi guys, I hope all the problems with KitKat have been solved now.
Would you recommend me to update to kitKat, my grand 2 still on Jelly Been?
Anyone still facing these problems?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung announced its*Android 4.4 KitKat update list*last month, and several users were infuriated at the fact that the Galaxy S3 was not included. However, it looks like an official Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Galaxy S3 is still on the cards as a leaked document indicates that KitKat will roll out to the international version of the Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) next month. The document, obtained from an unnamed insider, details the Android 4.4 KitKat roll out for the Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 (SM-N7100) and the Galaxy Grand 2 Duos (SM-G7102).

The release date for the KitKat roll out is mentioned as April – May. It is likely that Samsung will roll out KitKat to the aforementioned devices a few weeks after the Galaxy S5 becomes available. However, there is no way of confirming the legitimacy of the document. There is a likelihood that the document is a cleverly executed fake, but if this is the real deal, it is great to see Samsung including additional devices to its Android 4.4 roll out list. As always, we will inform you the moment we get any official confirmation as to when KitKat will be available on these devices.

KitKat-S3.jpg
    Its great news that grand2 will have kitkat but root and custom kernel s required .. request for more developers to take interest

Sent from my SM-G7102

we r trying to remove the qualcom secure boot
    Kitkat for Grand 2 is in Testing..

lkiw.jpg
    Don't worry be happy

4.4 will almost certainly arrive fairly soon, but for reasons of security, privacy and longevity what we really need is the means to port ROMs for Grand 2.

I no longer recommend people to buy devices without certain upgrade path to open-source ROMs, and that currently includes the Grand 2 and most of Samsung's convoluted lineup. (on a personal level I feel Samsung has chosen to let a lot people down in exchange for a small amount of short-term profit)

Simply having slightly better hardware specs mean little when the user is leaking personal data left and right and on top of that they are left without any updates after only a year or so (Grand 2 maybe even just after six months?). In today's environment that is just pathetic, both from manufacturer and the silly buyer. Caveat emptor applies.

On the bright side, if a user doesn't worry about security, privacy or device longevity the Grand 2 is already a very nice device with the latest 4.3 updates. :D