titanmmilton

Oct 15, 2012
www.facebook.com
Hi guys,

I'm currently running ARHD10.2
WWE Asia
CID_044
Firmware 2.22.701.4

It's a great rom, battery life is amazing and very stable.

However, I'm hearing static noise whenever I record a video (voice recording is fine though), when I Skype, and when I make phone calls. The receivers always can hear a background static noise but it's not known to me (caller).

Is this a known issue, if so are there any fixes for this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Tej XFire

Aug 7, 2014
San Francisco
Hi guys,

I'm currently running ARHD10.2
WWE Asia
CID_044
Firmware 2.22.701.4

It's a great rom, battery life is amazing and very stable.

However, I'm hearing static noise whenever I record a video (voice recording is fine though), when I Skype, and when I make phone calls. The receivers always can hear a background static noise but it's not known to me (caller).

Is this a known issue, if so are there any fixes for this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Well, there's a lot of confusion in what you meant. You say that you hear a static noise and a few words later, you say that the receivers hear background noises. Please be clear. As of now, since there's a confusion in what you typed, I can suggest you to record a video in a very quiet room, and see if it produces background noises. I do get background noises, but that's the most minimum noise. As far as I know, all smartphones produce some(very low) background noise. That's common.. These devices don't have those mic's that are used for audio recording.. Compare their sizes !

caretaker01

Mar 21, 2010
Sibiu
actually i came from the m7 and that one did not had this problem. I did recorded concerts and in realy quiet scenarios with the m8 and the microphone works awsome with noise reduction in every situation except in calls. I noticed that a few days after purchaseing it and bouth software updates that i receved did not change anything in this perspective. In my situation bouth htc`s handsfree and normal microphone, call quality is exceptional at the audio that it sends, but when i`m in a noisy place it also records the backgroung noise as clear as it records me on the phone. I repeat only in phone calls this happens. It does the same with HD voice calling and it does the same now after i changed my carrier and its bands.

I own an international stock unrooted / tweaked version of the One m8. No solution yet
P.S. There is no crackle, whitenoise or any distorsion of the background noise during phone calls. Its clear and loud as i am according to the other callers end.

Last edited: