[Q] m8 international Soff 4.4.3

Search This thread

muk12

Dec 16, 2008
New Zealand
Hello Folks,

I'm helping a friend to mod his m8 , he has installed 4.4.3 OTA I know I can unlock the bootloader via HTC dev then custom recovery and wakesauce to gain su acess, but can I use firewater to SOFF the phone after installing 4.4.3 OTA , I have read somewhere HTC patched stuff and firewater does not work on 4.4.3 devices?

Please advise ...

hdorius

Jan 17, 2011
Use sunshine...firewater already outdated

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: muk12

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b

Yes go for SunShine.

I know I can unlock the bootloader via HTC dev then custom recovery and wakesauce to gain su acess, but can I use firewater to SOFF the phone after installing 4.4.3 OTA , I have read somewhere HTC patched stuff and firewater does not work on 4.4.3 devices?

You don't need HTCDev if you use SunShine, as SunShine gains S-Off AND unlocks the bootloader. Following this way HTC don't come to know that the device has been changed. Thus you would not have any problems regarding warranty

muk12

Dec 16, 2008
New Zealand

Yes go for SunShine.

You don't need HTCDev if you use SunShine, as SunShine gains S-Off AND unlocks the bootloader. Following this way HTC don't come to know that the device has been changed. Thus you would not have any problems regarding warranty

Thanks for your reply mate.Sunshine is the way to go ....however I have used HTC android devices in the past and I want to know can AOSP/GPE ROMS be flashed on m8 with S ON by fastboot flash boot.img after installing ROM ZIP from the recovery ?

hdorius

Jan 17, 2011
Thanks for your reply mate.Sunshine is the way to go ....however I have used HTC android devices in the past and I want to know can AOSP/GPE ROMS be flashed on m8 with S ON by fastboot flash boot.img after installing ROM ZIP from the recovery ?
Yep,still the same like previous HTC phone,S-ON still can flash any custom rom and just flash boot.img after rom zip

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b

Yes but to flash AOSP/GPE ROMs could easily lead to problems if it is done wrong. For GPE as far as I know a conversion of the phone is needed, as the partition sizes are different. During this process the hole firmware has to be replaced by the GPE one with the black HBoot as well. So do carefully read the conversion threads if you are coming from a sense ROM!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Yes but to flash AOSP/GPE ROMs could easily lead to problems if it is done wrong. For GPE as far as I know a conversion of the phone is needed, as the partition sizes are different. During this process the hole firmware has to be replaced by the GPE one with the black HBoot as well. So do carefully read the conversion threads if you are coming from a sense ROM!

The partitions are only altered if a full conversion (by RUU) is performed. GPE based custom ROMs will run fine with no conversion (no partition change or hboot change required); as will any AOSP ROMs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes go for SunShine.

I know I can unlock the bootloader via HTC dev then custom recovery and wakesauce to gain su acess, but can I use firewater to SOFF the phone after installing 4.4.3 OTA , I have read somewhere HTC patched stuff and firewater does not work on 4.4.3 devices?

Yep,still the same like previous HTC phone,S-ON still can flash any custom rom and just flash boot.img after rom zip