[APP][4.0.3+ & GB][XPOSED] (Have)OwnOrientation

Search This thread

Skhulile

Mar 16, 2013
Bushbuckridge
Thanks, log looks perfect! It should work as expected. There are many "block" lines and fi.android.inetkeyapplication is hanled as "allow" to change orientation as you configured it

But then what should I do to make it work as expected, as the rotation doesn't change, it stays portrait like on the fi.android.inetkeyapplication app. As well as Instagram app.

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
But then what should I do to make it work as expected, as the rotation doesn't change, it stays portrait like on the fi.android.inetkeyapplication app. As well as Instagram app.

Apps use current orientation.

Annoyed apps changing current screen orientation? Try this module!

Maybe what you expected by this module is not what it does. It prevents that apps can change the current orientation.
If you have a device with default landscape orientation, and oyu open an app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jumobile.manager.systemapp it switches to poritrait - but not with this module

Skhulile

Mar 16, 2013
Bushbuckridge
Maybe what you expected by this module is not what it does. It prevents that apps can change the current orientation.
If you have a device with default landscape orientation, and oyu open an app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jumobile.manager.systemapp it switches to poritrait - but not with this module

Okay I'm now confused:confused:, do you mean like if I opened an app like fi.android.inetkeyapplication which is a portrait app on my tablet which is a landscape device, the app should open in landscape mode instead of portrait, right??? And if I was to rotate my tablet to portrait it should change the app to portrait and also the other way round it should change to landscape?

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
Okay I'm now confused:confused:, do you mean like if I opened an app like fi.android.inetkeyapplication which is a portrait app on my tablet which is a landscape device, the app should open in landscape mode instead of portrait, right??? And if I was to rotate my tablet to portrait it should change the app to portrait and also the other way round it should change to landscape?

Yes. But apps which force a special orientation *could* exit and you have to restart it if you rotate your device which changes orientation. I've attached screenshots of inetkey (read filenames)

Attachments

• withHOO.png
    withHOO.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 90
  • withoutHOO.png
    withoutHOO.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 93

Skhulile

Mar 16, 2013
Bushbuckridge
Yes. But apps which force a special orientation *could* exit and you have to restart it if you rotate your device which changes orientation. I've attached screenshots of inetkey (read filenames)

Okay but then surprisingly it does not work like that on my device, when I open the app on my tablet it changes it to portrait and it locks it like that, i have to close the app to change the rotation

Skhulile

Mar 16, 2013
Bushbuckridge
In your log above it shows "allow" to change the orientation, so you should not uncomment it in the config file

Oh I'm so sorry man for all the trouble I never understood you fully then, I wrote the # back in the config file and rebooted now it does rotate:):good:. I thought that you meant that if I want it to rotate I have to uncomment the package names with a #. But now I fully understand you meant that if it does rotate while I don't want it to I should uncomment the package name. Though the log file is now misleading the app does rotate but it says "block" instead of allow, but anyway I'm glad that it works well thanks bro.:good:

BTW how can I make it stop from logging too much as it's flooding my xposed log even after commenting "debug"

Last edited:

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
Oh I'm so sorry man for all the trouble I never understood you fully then, I wrote the # back in the config file and rebooted now it does rotate:):good:. I thought that you meant that if I want it to rotate I have to uncomment the package names with a #. But now I fully understand you meant that if it does rotate while I don't want it to I should uncomment the package name. Though the log file is now misleading the app does rotate but it says "block" instead of allow, but anyway I'm glad that it works well thanks bro.:good:

BTW how can I make it stop from logging too much as it's flooding my xposed log even after commenting "debug"

You have the debug version installed, it loggs always much. Just install the version from Market/Repository again.
Maybe some day I add a full gui, if i have time

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
Oops kinda funny that the one from the repository does not work well. When I install it and using the same config file it does not rotate again

^^ I compiled latest version and attached without debug, only minor changes, not enough for an update I think. From my log: logging intendation, handling of packagenames with whitespaces, some more default apps (only if the file does not exist & is created by the app). Maybe I fixed something but did forget to write it down?

Attachments

• HaveOwnOrientation.apk
    37.4 KB · Views: 18

Skhulile

Mar 16, 2013
Bushbuckridge
^^ I compiled latest version and attached without debug, only minor changes, not enough for an update I think. From my log: logging intendation, handling of packagenames with whitespaces, some more default apps (only if the file does not exist & is created by the app). Maybe I fixed something but did forget to write it down?

Bro, it does not work again with that new version. :( I have then concluded that it will never work on my device, so i removed it, and found an app called Rotation which works well. So sorry for all the trouble I'll now use that app only. Anyway thanks for all the hard work you put in this module.

Cheers:good:

defim

Feb 18, 2012
Motorola Defy
Nexus 7 (2013)
Bro, it does not work again with that new version. :( I have then concluded that it will never work on my device, so i removed it, and found an app called Rotation which works well. So sorry for all the trouble I'll now use that app only. Anyway thanks for all the hard work you put in this module.

Cheers:good:

Version updated, there where some apps which did not work (like Instagram)

Reactions: Skhulile

adrian.aitken

Sep 28, 2013
Hi, I currently use 'rotation_forcer' to keep everything in landscape mode and it works with everything except system app remover so I was excited to see yours mention that app specifically. However, disabling my existing app and installing yours now has the effect of no app staying in landscape mode.The text file your app makes, am I supposed to put the # in front to stop them rotating? Because if so, it doesn't seem to have any effect. :crying:
This is on my Lenovo running stock 4.2.2. On my HP Slate 21 Pro running stock 4.3 it does work though :confused: Apart from the different JB version, the Lenovo is running Google Now Launcher but the HP is running the stock launcher, could this be the reason?

Many thanks
Adrian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apps use current orientation.

Annoyed apps changing current screen orientation? Try this module!

If you are using in landscape, some apps force orientation to portrait. So you have to rotate you device to use this app which is a bad user experience. With this module these apps don't change anymore the screen orientation and you could use it in current orientation. An example of such an app is System app remover

There are 2 apps with same effect, but
    HaveOwnOrientation (free): This app has no user interface. Enable it in Xposed - reboot - done.
    OwnOrientation (donate): User interface for simple configuring, logging etc

IMPORTANT
    Xposed needs root access for installation

Play Store OwnOrientation (donate): http://tinyurl.com/lj52cp6
    Play Store HaveOwnOrientation (free): http://tinyurl.com/kl865jr
    Xposed Repository HaveOwnOrientation (free): http://tinyurl.com/lryg5dn
    APK download HaveOwnOrientation (free): http://tinyurl.com/mzert7f

Why these apps? To lazy to rotate the device!
    Just realised that the same thing happens on my NOTE 10.1

Second that, this module is must have but makes camera almost unusable (tried this on my Note 3)
    +1 for application settings for blacklist
    Okay okay, rudimentary block list added, no time atm for full gui. Just place package names in the file of apps which should not be blocked.
    If you dont know the package name
    - open Play Store in webbrowser, the ?id= part of the ur is the app
    - or enable debug in the module, it shows all package names in xposed log
    - or search in the created blockfile the app, but there are no new installed apps added
    defim can you add a blacklist in future updates??

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thanks man the new block app works perfect, thanks a lot:good: