[Q] Moto G camera vs Xperia L camera

Search This thread

R37X

Nov 6, 2013
Mumbai
I was about to buy Xperia L a month ago but due to some issues with it I decided not to, moreover, I got to know about Moto G and I'm really happy with the specs.
The only thing that is holding me back is the camera. How is Moto G's camera against XL? I know I'm comparing 5mp vs 8mp, but still.
If Moto G's camera is as good as XL than I'm sold. heh!

Oh, and I'm really sorry if I posted this in wrong section.

Hakuron

Nov 6, 2013
The camera is mediocre, but it's a little better than my Galaxy Nexus in some ways. That doesn't say much.

sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Mediocre compared to what exactly, a reflex camera? Then sure, it is mediocre.
But tbh i find it quite average, during the day it can take some really nice pictures though at night seems to be quite dissapointing.
Overall its more than enough for casual pictures to post at facebook/tweeter, etc but ofc you wont be taking professional pictures to work with.

Reactions: R37X

R37X

Nov 6, 2013
Mumbai
Thanks alot guys! I don't plan to take professional like photos with it, obviously. I just need a smartphone with a decent camera to post pics on facebook/twitter etc. Thanks again. Cheers. :)

R37X

Nov 6, 2013
Mumbai
BUMP! Thanks for the link, 72off.
The wait for Moto G is kiling me. lol. I think the rear camera would be fine for me, though, pictures seems to be a little out of focus and blurry but I'll take it.
I haven't seen any front facing camera sample of Moto G, so I was wondering if someone can upload it(maybe a selfie?:p) if it is not too much to ask. heh!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The camera is mediocre, but it's a little better than my Galaxy Nexus in some ways. That doesn't say much.

Mediocre compared to what exactly, a reflex camera? Then sure, it is mediocre.
    But tbh i find it quite average, during the day it can take some really nice pictures though at night seems to be quite dissapointing.
    Overall its more than enough for casual pictures to post at facebook/tweeter, etc but ofc you wont be taking professional pictures to work with.
    Compared to a flagship phone's camera or the last two Nexuses.

True that. Small difference of 400-500 dollars + for those cameras tho. :silly: Or twice moto g's price for the nexuses..
    Take a look at this post
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2543003
    There's a lot of pics taken with these phone and honestly,i was expecting much less based on reviews
    You can even use it as a scanner for documents (see page 4)