[Q] Vivokat 4.4.2 (Stable) problems

Search This thread

jlund6

Feb 3, 2014
It is a fine piece of work that is done with Vivokat 4.4.2. As far as I can see, everything works as it should, except for the sound recording and Cast screen. If I choose Sound Recorder, and start recording, the phone locks up. The only way of getting out of it is to remove the battery. The only reason that I rooted and upgraded my phone was for making screen mirroring to my TV so it's a little boring that precise this feature does not work. Koushik Dutta from Cyanogen Inc. now has a beta version of Mirror which can be installed on a rooted 4.4.2. I have this app installed, and the program can see both my Apple TV ( v3) box and Airserver on my computer. However nothing happens when I select them. It tries to connect for approx. 7 seconds, and then nothing else happens. I can stream Flipps movies to both Apple TV and Airserver, so I have a suspicion that it might be Koushik Dutta's app is not working with HTC Incredible S. It's a beta version, so the possibility exists. It may also be that this HTC model, just can't do screen mirroring, regardless of which apps you use.

Does anyone have experience with screen mirroring from a HTC Incredible S?

HTC Incredible S
Flash Vivokat-STABLE#3 01.31 (Build 2014 jan. 29)
pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140207-signed

Last edited:

tuuss

Jun 2, 2011
My microphone doesn't work

You are lucky than me, I even can't make a phone call. Maybe for I changed from dalvik to art.

jlund6

Feb 3, 2014
You are lucky than me, I even can't make a phone call. Maybe for I changed from dalvik to art.

I just found out a fatal error. The microphone does not work, so I can't use voice recorder and what is worse, those who call me can not hear what I say.
It seems that I need to find another ROM where the microphone is working :( Does anyone have a good idea in this context?

vincent_c2

Feb 15, 2014
Vivokat Stable #3 (the previous build) worked perfectly in regards to the built-in microphone and phone calls (but has intermittent wifi issues), so if you just want audio to work, you can use that. szeszo put out an updated kernel for those on stable #4 to test out (which should fix the mic issue), but judging by the replies here on the forum, it looks like it doesn't seem to work for everyone.

jlund6

Feb 3, 2014
Vivokat Stable #3 (the previous build) worked perfectly in regards to the built-in microphone and phone calls (but has intermittent wifi issues), so if you just want audio to work, you can use that. szeszo put out an updated kernel for those on stable #4 to test out (which should fix the mic issue), but judging by the replies here on the forum, it looks like it doesn't seem to work for everyone.

I start with #3, and this build also give me trouble with microphone. It soes not work at my IncS. Thats who I try #4 and after that I put the microphone fix on. Still the same result, no microphone :( if I put mic. fix on after upgraded to #4, WiFi stop working.

jlund6

Feb 3, 2014
I start with #3, and this build also give me trouble with microphone. It soes not work at my IncS. Thats who I try #4 and after that I put the microphone fix on. Still the same result, no microphone :( if I put mic. fix on after upgraded to #4, WiFi stop working.

Note!
I attach a Catlog file. Maby somebody can investegate this file and maby see whats the problem :eek: