[Q] GPS tracking awful - P6 wrong decision?

Search This thread

masteroe12

Apr 11, 2009
Essen
generally i'm using Endomondo Pro for tracking my sports activity (jogging), but with the P6 it seems nearly impossible to get good and correct tracking :crying:

I tried it now several times with several different ROMS and Tools , but the tracked GPS data is really awful...

With my last two smartphones (HTC HD2 , RAZR XT910) the tracking was much much better ...

Does anybody uses this phone also for GPS tracking with better experience (or does this phone have an ****ty GPS :crying: ) ??

When yes please tell me which ROM and which Tools..

thanks in advance ! m

ant_pg

Jun 3, 2014
generally i'm using Endomondo Pro for tracking my sports activity (jogging), but with the P6 it seems nearly impossible to get good and correct tracking :crying:

I tried it now several times with several different ROMS and Tools , but the tracked GPS data is really awful...

With my last two smartphones (HTC HD2 , RAZR XT910) the tracking was much much better ...

Does anybody uses this phone also for GPS tracking with better experience (or does this phone have an ****ty GPS :crying: ) ??

When yes please tell me which ROM and which Tools..

thanks in advance ! m

Sorry to tell you this, but i've had the same problems since I bought the phone in August... Tried a lot of ROMs and GPS tools with no luck. Apparently some people's P6 has a perfectly working GPS, but some of us didn't have that luck. No idea where the problem comes from, I wish I knew.

heross

Oct 14, 2007
Here a track from my p6. Saved with locus pro and firmware b507. I think it is perfect.

Sent from my P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401878522518.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401878522518.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 137

zordo

Dec 28, 2012
Yes tracking works fine sometimes. The problem is that sometimes you wont get a lock in a one hour run. I have several 0km ~30min bike rides saved with sports tracker along with a larger stack of incomplete tracks. Samsung galaxy s and had no problems what so ever for a couple of years - and i didnt even fix the ****ty antenna on it.
Factory reset helps for a while, so i think its a software related issue. Gps just wont wake up when the app needs it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

heross

Oct 14, 2007
Ahh, GPS wont wake up and no icon in statusbar? This issue have any people. I think this is a hardware problem. On my P6 GPS is all time viable when i need it.

Here one tip, but it only help it is a software problem:

-copy attached apk to \system\priv-app\
-set rights to 644
-reboot
-set "location mode" to "High Accuracy"

Attachments

• NetworkLocation_Baidu.apk
    176.2 KB · Views: 130

Mfsto

Feb 5, 2011
HTC Vision: G2
Lenovo Zuk Z1
I use this gps.conf file from the LG flex and it works just fine...replace this gps.conf with the one in system/etc/ ... If you can't replace the file, use RootExplorer with root permission :cyclops:

Attachments

• gps.rar
    1.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

sisqoboy

Apr 28, 2012
Well, I used to have problems with GPS all the time. Since I've sent the phone back to the repair centre it works much way better...

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

masteroe12

Apr 11, 2009
Essen
I am using the ROM -> [ROM][4.4.4][ Unofficially Omni ROM | Ascend P6 from SUDRU_Petru

now GPS is nearly perfect !!! Guys it seems to be a software issue...

no gps.conf edit or any other edit. It just works !!!

XDAvatar

Jun 12, 2014
I am using the ROM -> [ROM][4.4.4][ Unofficially Omni ROM | Ascend P6 from SUDRU_Petru

now GPS is nearly perfect !!! Guys it seems to be a software issue...

no gps.conf edit or any other edit. It just works !!!

Yes. It's a software issue. No matter what RM you have, the problem is there.