UK Transformer Prime PRE-ORDER LINKS AND ORDER TRACKING **UK ONLY**

Search This thread

Tomlilley

Apr 9, 2011
Have just sent a note to ebuyer remarking that other suppliers are now fulfilling their pre-orders. Will see what they say.

jimbob1971

Apr 18, 2011
Alas, 3 hours old and I think this one is going back.

Yes, I am extremely fussy I do admit so hopefully everyone else will be happy with theirs.

I deliberately haven't been inspecting the screen as I didn't want to find any issues, but after one hour I found a dead pixel, then an hour later a piece of dust that makes it appear like there is a dead pixel, and just now discovered a small area the size of maybe 3x3 pixels that is brighter than anywhere else on any coloured background. It actually looks like something is poking through the back of the screen weirdly (or a cluster of pixels are super bright).

EDIT: GPS gets no lock. I don't know if this is simply a software issue or a problem with my tablet. Any have a working GPS?

Oh well! Looks like an exchange.

Last edited:

befcasr

May 8, 2011
I've just realised my gyroscope isn't functioning. The auto rotate screen setting is on, but it refuses to switch the portrait mode when held in the portrait position. Also tilt controls in games like Riptide and Glowball don't work. I've created a thread about it here.

Doktaphex

Oct 18, 2010
Earth
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Alas, 3 hours old and I think this one is going back.

Yes, I am extremely fussy I do admit so hopefully everyone else will be happy with theirs.

I deliberately haven't been inspecting the screen as I didn't want to find any issues, but after one hour I found a dead pixel, then an hour later a piece of dust that makes it appear like there is a dead pixel, and just now discovered a small area the size of maybe 3x3 pixels that is brighter than anywhere else on any coloured background. It actually looks like something lit is poking through the back of the screen weirdly.

Oh well! Looks like an exchange.

That sure is a shame. Mine is all good as far as I can tell.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

ducktaperules

Jun 20, 2010
Bristol
so has any one had any response from pc world? do you think i would get anywhere by calling them or will i just get passed between clueless idiots?

oh and anyone that has got there's this morning, can you confirm its running honeycomb and not ICS? no one has mentioned yet i know some thought it may ship with ICS in the uk

trekkie1701

Sep 3, 2008
Chicago
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
ASUS's quality control is shocking. There's no way there should be SO many issues with people getting their tablets.

Hopefully, you'll both get it replaced and get a fully working tablet.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

oh and anyone that has got there's this morning, can you confirm its running honeycomb and not ICS? no one has mentioned yet i know some thought it may ship with ICS in the uk

I would have thought it won't have ICS or the US would have seen an OTA update by now.

dover_monkey

Nov 10, 2010
Dover
I originally ordered through PC World and have spken to them 5 times now. They have no idea when stock is coming in. I cancelled my order with them and managed to buy online through comet the Prime. Confirmation email just received for delivery on the 3rd January.

vickie17

Apr 19, 2011
Comet website wont deliver to any postcode i guess they don't have any in stock will have to check again next week :-(

sub69

May 26, 2005
Sydney
Has Asus shipped the Prime with the 'Dual Battery Widget' this time?
I know there's one available for download but it would be nice if this time it came with it.

There is a dual battery widget, yes. Screenshot of it attached...

Attachments

• P20111230125059.jpg
    P20111230125059.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: Beards

jimbob1971

Apr 18, 2011
Can the lucky few turn off wifi location and try their GPS? I need to know if mine has an issue, or whether a software fix is coming. Ta.

befcasr

May 8, 2011
So after discovering my gyroscope is knackered, I've also discovered that the keyboard dock appears to be broken too. The tablet recognises it's docked, some of the shortcut keys work, but you cant type anything. I've already spoken to Comet to arrange a return. I'm just wondering what the next thing is that I'm going to find wrong with it. It's turning out to be like the Eye Spy book of broken Transformer Prime parts :)

ubervince

Jan 12, 2011
Bury St Edmunds(ish)
So after discovering my gyroscope is knackered, I've also discovered that the keyboard dock appears to be broken too. The tablet recognises it's docked, some of the shortcut keys work, but you cant type anything. I've already spoken to Comet to arrange a return. I'm just wondering what the next thing is that I'm going to find wrong with it. It's turning out to be like the Eye Spy book of broken Transformer Prime parts :)

Oh dear... this is increasingly looking like rushed release. Too many duffers turning up!

Doktaphex

Oct 18, 2010
Earth
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Can the lucky few turn off wifi location and try their GPS? I need to know if mine has an issue, or whether a software fix is coming. Ta.

GPS test from the market gives me 15m accuracy with thick cloud cover and rain, Google maps in same position gives 30m accuracy.

No GPS signal indoors at all though.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Folks ... lets please keep this to pre-orders etc ... theres enough moaning on the forums already ...
    Remember me telling you a couple of days back that Clove Technology were carrying out extensive tests on some Prime stock they managed to get hold of and that Clove had now completed their tests and would be emailing pre-order customers what their intentions were......
    Well at the time I could not tell you the contents of our discussions.

Clove are now sending emails to all pre-customers informing them of their stance on selling the Asus Prime.
    Personally I think it is a bold and strong message they are sending back to Asus and a credit to the community that they are refusing to sell the Prime.
    They are the only seller that has the B***s to say what a lot of us want to pass back to Asus.

Here below is the transcript of the email message being sent:-

We are contacting you regarding the interest you expressed in the ASUS Transformer Prime 32GB model.

Stock supply has been a real issue and good levels of stock are not expected until late February/March.

However we have been able to obtain some stock sooner than expected; but because of complaints of faults with the model we took the decision to thoroughly test stock before fulfilling any orders.

We are at this time not satisfied that all units we could provide you with are working correctly, and performing to the standard we expect of the unit.

We have therefore taken the decision until further notice stop selling the ASUS Transformer Prime.

If in time we feel that the situation has changed and we are happy to sell the Prime, we will email you to let you know that we are once again accepting orders.

We apologise that this is the situation but trust you understand our reasons for doing so.

The Clove Technology Sales Team.
    It has arrived delivered 8am from Comet. it does include the dock. just charging it up now to have a play. it is very nice indeed.
    Apologies if posted before but this site is useful for tracking UK availability. It doesn't cover all outlets but useful nonetheless. This is where I was alerted to the Comet availability.

http://www.nowinstock.net/uk/computers/tablets/asus/
    Guys,

Get over to Comet they have the Grey in stock. Just phoned them ... lady said they had about 200 in stock, so I ordered and it will be delivered Monday 30th. Cancelled with JL.