[MOD/APP]][SIYAH][4.7t5][28.4.13]=SiyahMODs=-Multi-Boot+Zram/Swap+Sound-=NEW!

Search This thread

wolverine

Dec 13, 2004
Super Su notification are on.
I'm the only one with this (Bug)?
Greats

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Hi rlorange,
I have cleaned the the app data and cache, removed from super su, started again and now it works at 5 times :D
I think that's it. Thank you so much for your really great work and for your time :thumbup:

Many Greats from Germany
I have the same problems. When I start up SiyahMods 4.5.1, it changes my Screen Timeout to 20mins. The Timeout duration setting doesn't change back even after a reboot. I have tried clearing data and cache, and it does return to my original setting of 2 mins, but the moment I open the app again, it changes to 20mins again and stays changed, even on reboot.

Super SU notifications are enabled. I'm using a i9300 running 4.1.2, on XXEMA2

Any ideas?

dantheman122

Sep 20, 2011
Brisbane
Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.5.1][13.2.13]=SiyahMODs=-SoundEQ-Shrink-TripleBoot-CLONE

Are you using the x button in bottom right corner to exit or just pressing Home key or Back soft key? If you're not using the x button in the app it may be staying open in the background.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.5.1][13.2.13]=SiyahMODs=-SoundEQ-Shrink-TripleBoot-CLONE

Are you using the x button in bottom right corner to exit or just pressing Home key or Back soft key? If you're not using the x button in the app it may be staying open in the background.

Indeed you MUST close the app with the X to return timeout to normal

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: newrr

wolverine

Dec 13, 2004

Indeed you MUST close the app with the X to return timeout to normal

Ooops...that little x button works wonders! :) I had just originally hit the back button and then killed all open apps nad thought that would have taken care of things.

Thanks guys!!!!

Hmmm... now this is purely academic, but the timeout settings changed back to 20mins after a reboot even after I manually changed then to 2mins when i had just used the Back soft key. Wouldn't a reboot have cleared SiyahMods from the background and thus return my Timeout settings to normal? Just curious...

Thanks again!

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne

Ooops...that little x button works wonders! :) I had just originally hit the back button and then killed all open apps nad thought that would have taken care of things.

Thanks guys!!!!

Hmmm... now this is purely academic, but the timeout settings changed back to 20mins after a reboot even after I manually changed then to 2mins when i had just used the Back soft key. Wouldn't a reboot have cleared SiyahMods from the background and thus return my Timeout settings to normal? Just curious...

Thanks again!

If you use boot to 2nd or 3rd ROM function the rotation and time out settings won't change back. This will be fixed in the next version

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne

UPDATE: SiyahMods V4.5.2

WHAT'S NEW:

>>> FIXED init.d auto swap back after booting to 3rdROM

>>> FIXED Check for running app from a 2nd/3rdROM

>>> FIXED global screen timeout and auto-rotation control not resetting to pre app launch values. (please report if this doesn't work properly especially after boot to 3rdROM function is executed.

>>> Other tweaks I can't remember.

http://db.tt/Z0rWOQes

u3yby4eh.jpg

Last edited:

pat357

Nov 23, 2012
Antwerp
I think i found a little bug ;

After using the app for setting the preferred ROM to boot default in, I can't set this any more in Stweaks. (under dual-boot tab)

1. Use the app to set the prim. ROM as default boot.
2. Go in Stweaks to "dual-boot" tab and try to change the default ROM ---> WILL NO LONGER WORK !!

Is this a known issue ?

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.5.3][23.2.13]=SiyahMODs=-SoundEQ-Shrink-TripleBoot-CLONE

I think i found a little bug ;

After using the app for setting the preferred ROM to boot default in, I can't set this any more in Stweaks. (under dual-boot tab)

1. Use the app to set the prim. ROM as default boot.
2. Go in Stweaks to "dual-boot" tab and try to change the default ROM ---> WILL NO LONGER WORK !!

Is this a known issue ?

Hmmm I'll look into this...

It might confuse S-tweaks somehow.

pat357

Nov 23, 2012
Antwerp
Hmmm I'll look into this...

It might confuse S-tweaks somehow.

The app seems even to prevent me from resetting my Siyah setting to the default using STweaks (latest tab, Reset settings)

My best guess is that the application somehow changes the permissions from the Siyah settings-files. This would explain why I can no longer choose the default ROM to boot in Stweaks and also why i can''t reset everything to default using Stweaks.

What are the correct permissions/ownership from the active profile ?

If I'd like to flash a .zip in the 3rd ROM, do I need to swap 3rd and 2nd ROM first, or is there a better way ?
Any plans to implement .ZIP flashing in your nice app ? (of course you'd use the CWM to do the actual work; your tool should make sure that the .Zip goes in to the right ROM)

When I swap 2nd and 3rd ROM, does this involve a lot of data moving or is it a matter from renaming dir/files/mounts ?
How long would the process take in case of 2 Samsung ROM's with about 2 x 1.5 GB data ?

Last edited:

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.5.3][23.2.13]=SiyahMODs=-SoundEQ-Shrink-TripleBoot-CLONE

Coming soon. Quad boot!... yes seriously but on the external SD ;) figured out how to tar the data folder into external SD preserving permissions... Swap function won't be quick tho...

still you can put a test rom on ice on your SD. I will be making a companion CWM zip to copy the extROM to secondrom position from Recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: 30adi and sgs9

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne

The app seems even to prevent me from resetting my Siyah setting to the default using STweaks (latest tab, Reset settings)

My best guess is that the application somehow changes the permissions from the Siyah settings-files. This would explain why I can no longer choose the default ROM to boot in Stweaks and also why i can''t reset everything to default using Stweaks.

What are the correct permissions/ownership from the active profile ?

If I'd like to flash a .zip in the 3rd ROM, do I need to swap 3rd and 2nd ROM first, or is there a better way ?
Any plans to implement .ZIP flashing in your nice app ? (of course you'd use the CWM to do the actual work; your tool should make sure that the .Zip goes in to the right ROM)

When I swap 2nd and 3rd ROM, does this involve a lot of data moving or is it a matter from renaming dir/files/mounts ?
How long would the process take in case of 2 Samsung ROM's with about 2 x 1.5 GB data ?

Swapping 2nd/3rd involves no actual data moving just Directory address Changes so its trivial to swap 3rd to 2nd to prepare for a zip flash.

As for default boot permissions... I'll look into it. Works find here but at sine point during tasting I did have your problem. Using root explorer I found that instead of being 1 or 0 the file was blank. Simply long click on a root file manager and write it to 1 or zero. Then S tweaks should be fine. Did you use my clone 2nd to 3rd feature? That's the only place I can think of Where permissions might be messed up as that involves actual copying of data using tar pipes which is supposed to preserve all permissions but maybe some don't?

Thanks for the report ;)

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne

I also found some bugs slowing the refresh down in recent versions...

I want to keep the app more stable during multitasking too. I haven't a clue how to do this using tasker which I make the app with

sgs9

Nov 10, 2010
Essen
garudalinux.org
AW: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.5.3][23.2.13]=SiyahMODs=- Coming soon Quad Boot via ExtSD!

Coming soon. Quad boot!... yes seriously but on the external SD ;) figured out how to tar the data folder into external SD preserving permissions... Swap function won't be quick tho...

still you can put a test rom on ice on your SD. I will be making a companion CWM zip to copy the extROM to secondrom position from Recovery

I change now to 4.2.2, hope gm make Dual boot for it.
So long I flash siyah kernel if i need 2nd.. ROM :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

pat357

Nov 23, 2012
Antwerp
As for default boot permissions... I'll look into it. Works find here but at sine point during tasting I did have your problem. Using root explorer I found that instead of being 1 or 0 the file was blank. Simply long click on a root file manager and write it to 1 or zero.Then S tweaks should be fine
There is a "1" in this file, but STweaks can not change the value to "0".
The only way to change it is using your app.

[/QUOTE]]
Did you use my clone 2nd to 3rd feature? That's the only place I can think of Where permissions might be messed up as that involves actual copying of data using tar pipes which is supposed to preserve all permissions but maybe some don't?
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what i did to start using triple boot ; copy the second ROM to the third ROM.
I don't have FC's or other problems on my 3rd ROM;
My problem is that Stweaks is no longer able to change the default ROM and even more anoying is that Stweaks is also not able to reset all values to default . OC values and UV parameters stick to the current settings and will not return to default.

I was tinkering about this : maybe you keep the file "open" so that Stweaks can't write to it...
Another reason could be that you keep writing the parameters set in your app to the settings; this way if Stweaks changes a value, your app immediately rewrites the old value in the setting file...

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your next release !! (please hurry up !)

I have another (maybe dumb) question ; would it work to make a Nandroid backup from the 3th ROM using the Toolkit v7.2 (mskip) when I've booted in the 3rd ROM ? The same question holds when using Onandroid ; backup the 3rd ROM when booted in the 3rd ROM ?
I made the backup, but would there be a problem if I restore this backup as FIRST or SECOND ROM (using Siyah CWM of course)

Have you ever tried this ?

Last edited:

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.5.3][23.2.13]=SiyahMODs=- Coming soon Quad Boot via ExtSD!

There is a "1" in this file, but STweaks can not change the value to "0".
The only way to change it is using your app.
]
Did you use my clone 2nd to 3rd feature? That's the only place I can think of Where permissions might be messed up as that involves actual copying of data using tar pipes which is supposed to preserve all permissions but maybe some don't?
[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what i did to start using triple boot ; copy the second ROM to the third ROM.
I don't have FC's or other problems on my 3rd ROM;
My problem is that Stweaks is no longer able to change the default ROM and even more anoying is that Stweaks is also not able to reset all values to default . OC values and UV parameters stick to the current settings and will not return to default.

I was tinkering about this : maybe you keep the file "open" so that Stweaks can't write to it...
Another reason could be that you keep writing the parameters set in your app to the settings; this way if Stweaks changes a value, your app immediately rewrites the old value in the setting file...

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your next release !! (please hurry up !)

I have another (maybe dumb) question ; would it work to make a Nandroid backup from the 3th ROM using the Toolkit v7.2 (mskip) when I've booted in the 3rd ROM ? The same question holds when using Onandroid ; backup the 3rd ROM when booted in the 3rd ROM ?
I made the backup, but would there be a problem if I restore this backup as FIRST or SECOND ROM (using Siyah CWM of course)

Have you ever tried this ?[/QUOTE]

No nandroid will not work directly to 3rd rom as my app actually swaps 3rd to 2nd when you boot to 3rd direct and then auto swaps back via init.d next time you boot.

So swap 3rd to 2nd before you nandroid.

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.5.3][23.2.13]=SiyahMODs=- Coming soon Quad Boot via ExtSD!

Hmmm maybe cloning the 2ndROM has created a simlinked copy of the file

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne

Welcome to SiyahMODs V4.6...

***BIG UPDATE... MORE TO COME***

Quad boot has arrived!

>>>Clone 3rd to 4thROM

>>>Swap 3rd and 4thROMs

>>>Name 4thROM

>>>Remove 4thROM

>>>Brand new 4thROM popup window

>>> Big clean up to total task operations.

>>> Simlink .defaultrom from the "Zero" folder so S tweaks will be able to access this file from AOSP ROM.

http://db.tt/CM0B2tkP V4.6

uvyrunu6.jpg

e6yneher.jpg

yqa2edu7.jpg

pu3ydega.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: V4.7t5

http://db.tt/kyDzE9jU DOWNLOAD

>> New! Zram & Swap Control V2.5

>> New! Custom busybox utilisation

t5 >> - Swap priority setting using custom busybox download. Means switching different swaps on and off is much faster.

t5 >> Using 4 equal sized swap files for Cache based swap running with equal priority. Much faster!!

-----------------------------------------

UPDATE: V4.7t4

>> streamlined the tasks reduced total number by half and now SIYAHMODS RUNS NEARLY TWICE AS FAST!

>> Improved Sound control. Sliders don't miss registration when changing and the Scene opens much faster

DOWNLOAD:

http://db.tt/4TB1SFxd V4.7t4

UPDATE: V4.7t3

>>> New timeout switching checks. If the app closes without switching back to original timeout value. The previous value is recorded and set next time you launch the app. Failing that it will set 1min.

>>> tweaked tasks some more. Faster now.

>>> Fixed swap 3rd & 4thROM swap

DOWNLOAD: http://db.tt/S1PeuGuV V4.7t3

TO DO:

>>> fix inconsistencies in dialouge text

>>> add running dialogue info like already implemented for some of the newer features (swap & swap 3rd/4thROM)

>>> Streamline older tasks

>>> Make stand-alone apps for quick access to core features.

>>> reintroduce priority setting for swap v control

>>> introduce optional kernel tweaks for swap control

UPDATE: V4.7t2

http://db.tt/EnHZlmLq Download V4.7t2

>>> fixed heaps of old tasks, cleaned every aspect.

>>> fixed boot to 3rdROM, should now swap back as the 3rdROM boots

Fixed many info dialog typos etc.

V4.7 t1 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40606177

NEW VERSION V4.6 APP!

***BIG UPDATE... MORE TO COME***

Quad boot has arrived!

>>>Clone 3rd to 4thROM

>>>Swap 3rd and 4thROMs

>>>Name 4thROM

>>>Remove 4thROM

>>>Brand new 4thROM popup window

>>> Big clean up to total task operations.

>>> Simlink .defaultrom from the "Zero" folder so S tweaks will be able to access this file from AOSP ROM.

uvyrunu6.jpg

e6yneher.jpg

yqa2edu7.jpg

pu3ydega.jpg

http://db.tt/s31yL8LI V4.5.3

http://db.tt/Z0rWOQes V4.5.2

http://db.tt/BniuZzS3V4.5.1

http://db.tt/rC3qtyBH V4.5

http://db.tt/2Kxex5Qd V4.4.1

http://db.tt/XmWxfV81 V4.2

http://db.tt/FyojzrvN V4.1

-------------------------------------------
    QUICK START GUIDE TO GET A 3RD ROM INSTALLED

#1. Tap "Swap 2nd/3rd ROM positions

#2. Tap boot to 2nd Utils

#3. Install a new 2ndROM

Done!!...

Use the latest version 4.5.1 apk from the dropbox link above... the direct links below are ancient. Ignore. (Will get round to updating one day ;))

Basics:

What is SiyahMods?

>>>SiyahMods is an app which works with Siyah kernel and its Dual Boot functionality.

>>>It has a series of operations which manipulate your 2ndROM as well as allowing a 3rdROM as well. The exact same cool operations are mirrored work on the 3rdROM too.

What can it do?

>>>SiyahMods can boot directly into 2ndROM, 3rdROM or Siyah recovery (2ndROM utils from S-tweaks). It can also swap 2nd/3rdROM positions as many times as you like.

>>>There is also a ROM tools menu which allows for both 2nd & 3rd ROMs, the following functions:

1.> Shrink ROM image file size to save space

2.> Restore ROM size to default 1.5GB (1536MB).

IMPORTANT: The restore function is necessary for Siyah recovery dual boot functions to work properly.

To flash a CWM zip to 2ndROM it must be 1536MB. So before flashing a zip run this restore function. After you can shrink it again if you like.

Also to swap primary with 2ndROM you must restore to 1536MB.

Restoring a Nandroid backup you can just format 2ndROM system first.

You CAN make a nandroid back up from Siyah recovery WITHOUT restoring the system image size. (Backup 2ndROM from a shrunk size WILL work).

3.> Mount system image. To either /2 or /3 directory for 2nd and 3rd ROMs. So you can access the system to manually push apk's edit build.prop etc.

4.> Unmount

5.> Name ROMs

6.> Remove (delete) ROMs

>>> the "?" Button allows you to toggle popup information prompts ON or OFF which help guide beginners and allow last minute aborting of operations. Once you know what you're doing toggle off for faster access

PLEASE USE THE LATEST APK LINKS ABOVE THE LINKS BELOW ARE OUT OF DATE
    Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.3][19.1.13]=SiyahMODs=-Boot 2 all-Shrink-TripleBoot.UPDATE

New version 4.3.1

>>>A few fixes like remove rom features were broken and i fixed some tangled task priority clashing.... its a little slower but checks for so many things so help the less techie.

>>>Better information popups so the app really does have a built in mini tutorial which can be toggled off.

But the big surprise...

Two NEW features... well one revived from the Early script days.

>>> Clone 2nd to 3rdROM.

And my greatest achievement of all!

>>> Clone Primary to 2ndROM!!! Yep That's right I'm not even kidding!

It took me hours of trying but it makes a PERFECT clone with all permissions intact!. Useful? Well sort of I guess! But I don't care cos it freaking WORKS!!

Enjoy ;)

SiyahMods V4.3.1

http://db.tt/j5TEy03z

Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.2][16.11.12]=SiyahMODs=-Boot 2 all-Shrink-TripleBoot...MOR

Updated version!

SiyahMods V4.3

Changelog:

> Now works with busybox in /bin or /xbin.

> Better setup checks and safer to use for beginners.

> Info pop-ups can now be toggled to ON or OFF for experienced users. Survives reboots.

> New look interface and the ability to delete ROMs

> Faster overall operation.

Download link:
    http://db.tt/NSaqf4mK

Please report any bugs ;)

UPDATE: SiyahMods V4.5.2

WHAT'S NEW:

>>> FIXED init.d auto swap back after booting to 3rdROM

>>> FIXED Check for running app from a 2nd/3rdROM

>>> FIXED global screen timeout and auto-rotation control not resetting to pre app launch values. (please report if this doesn't work properly especially after boot to 3rdROM function is executed.

>>> Other tweaks I can't remember.

http://db.tt/Z0rWOQes

u3yby4eh.jpg
    Re: [KERNEL APP]][SIYAH][4.5.2][21.2.13]=SiyahMODs=-SoundEQ-Shrink-TripleBoot-CLONE

Update: SiyahMods 4.5.3

>>> 3rdboot swap-back init.d support now on 2nd/3rd ROM also.

http://db.tt/s31yL8LI