[Q] Downgrade from GPE to 4.3

Search This thread

cocoralladoo

Feb 15, 2014
Posadas
Someone can help me downgrading my MOTO G with unlocked bootloader from GPE to stock 4.3.
I've been trying but I get "Image is too large" when I try to flash "system.img".
I want to downgrade to stock 4.3 Claro Argentina firmware.

Please, I really need your help!

scott_doyland

Dec 8, 2011
Someone can help me downgrading my MOTO G with unlocked bootloader from GPE to stock 4.3.
I've been trying but I get "Image is too large" when I try to flash "system.img".
I want to downgrade to stock 4.3 Claro Argentina firmware.

Please, I really need your help!

Could be two things:

1. You may need to flash gpt.bin from 4.3 (included in official 4.3 download) as this will create a new correctly sized partition table.

2. Make sure you use motorola fastboot to flash (known as mfastboot) and not the Google fastboot.

Last edited:

theoneofgod

Dec 1, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Not a problem. Download http://sbf.droid-developers.org/download.php?device=14&file=124

And follow:

Code:
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin #if this fails, ignore it and carry on
fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot reboot

Last edited:

gd91

Jul 6, 2014
I have same problem too...any firmware I flash I get those " image is too big " errors and when I restart I am stuck at bootloader? any ideas?

marvvv

Mar 27, 2012
I have same problem too...any firmware I flash I get those " image is too big " errors and when I restart I am stuck at bootloader? any ideas?

Unfortunately i'm in the same boat, stuck at boot. Flashing different zips doenst seem to help. I think the partition has changed since the 4.4.4 OTA from 4.4.2 on the GPE. It's impossible to flash a different rom at the moment. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

gd91

Jul 6, 2014
Yes ...I read the same thing in several places...it has to do something with that gpe firmwares partition.....anyone have any idea how to fix this please?

kralcak

Jan 29, 2007
same problem here. I was able to fix my phone partially with
1, factory reset in recovery (twrp)
2, adb Cyanogen rom
3, fixing reception with
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
using gpe 4,4 fsg

gd91

Jul 6, 2014
Can you explain that in "noob language " please ? :p ...did you managed to flash official firmware after that?

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Is fastboot mode available? If yes then you could just either 'dd' them or flash via fastboot, starting with sys partition. Don't touch the efs.

Last edited:
Reactions: gd91

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is fastboot mode available? If yes then you could just either 'dd' them or flash via fastboot, starting with sys partition. Don't touch the efs.