[Q] wifi ad-hoc on nexus s

Search This thread

Dindo80

Mar 6, 2008
Hello everybody.
Is it possible to enable ad-hoc wifi connection on nexus s?

Thanks in advance.:confused:

onei0077

Jan 26, 2008
Ottawa
if you root, barnacle in the market will do ad-hoc, havent tried on my nexus but the x10 does it fine.

Sent from my X10a using XDA App

Dindo80

Mar 6, 2008
i've tried using the wpa_supplcant from the "Oxygen v2.0-RC7 for desire" and it worked fine.

Attached you can find the file you need to do it.

:)

Attachments

• wpa_supplicant.zip
    154.3 KB · Views: 2,035

Dindo80

Mar 6, 2008
No, it isn't.
You need to extract the wpa_supplicant file and put it into the sdcard root folder.

The commands are the following:

adb remount
adb shell
cd /system/bin/
cp wpa_supplicant wpa_supplicant-ori (backup for rollback)
cp /sdcard/wpa_supplicant wpa_supplicant

p.s. Requirement:
Phone is rooted
Android SDK 2.3 on your computer

Last edited:

BlackOtaku

Dec 18, 2009
CyanogenMod Alpha 2 is pretty stable, and flashing it will allow you to easily connect to ad-hoc networks without any hassle. It's great for me since I use my Droid to provide wi-fi to it. :)

zoic2011

Apr 10, 2011
Original wpa_supplicant

Hi, i have forgotten to backup wpa_supplicant on my nexus s and now i can't update to android 2.3.4. May be someone have original version of wpa_supplicant for nexus s android 2.3.3?

dho89

Jul 1, 2011
Hi, i have forgotten to backup wpa_supplicant on my nexus s and now i can't update to android 2.3.4. May be someone have original version of wpa_supplicant for nexus s android 2.3.3?

i have backup wpa_supplicant (oroginal, nexus s - i9023) :)

Attachments

• wpa_original.zip
    159.2 KB · Views: 98

henrywang41

Jul 21, 2011
What do you do after you get wpa_supplicant file swapped? Does it work automatically?

And at this point, how do you remove the old wpa_supplicant file? Because it keeps on saying it's read only I can't do anything to it. And there's no cp command in android shell. Please advise. Thanks.

henrywang41

Jul 21, 2011
Okay I got the wpa_supplicant file to work.

Now my question is how to get wpa_cli? Does anyone have this file? Or is this file create from wpa_supplicant? I want to be able to manually create a network rather than rely on my laptop to create ad-hoc network.

Thanks.

adkan11

Sep 5, 2011
Help in enabling Ad-Hoc points to be scanned

i've tried using the wpa_supplcant from the "Oxygen v2.0-RC7 for desire" and it worked fine.

Attached you can find the file you need to do it.

:)

Hi, I've Nexus S with 2.3.4 Gingerbread... But, I'm new to android OS and terms... I just need to enable Ad-hoc network scan on my Nexus S. Which is the easiest way to do it...?

Thanks,
Adkan11

vivekvp

Feb 29, 2012
Rooted Nexus S?

Hello,

I have a Nokia N8 and have an app to set my phone as a wifi hot spot. My wife's phone cannot see it, but Iphones, Nokias, Laptops and desktops can find it.

Her phone is a Samsung Nexus S, carrier Mobilicity and I think Android 2.3.x

To use any of the apps posted - do I need to 'root' the phone? Currently it is not rooted.

And how do I do that? Or do I need to?

(yes, I watched the hateful video and feel like a loser)

V