[ROM][GSM] Darkforest ICS [DISCONTINUED][18-04-2012][4.1.H.0.4]

Search This thread

DanielEGVi

Nov 20, 2011
Is it safe to install aosp dialer and people apks over semc phone and contacts? I want to get the contact screen you get in stock ics when tapping someone's thumbnail pic :(

Sent from the best gaming android smartphone in the world with the best forum android app in the world ;)

anbu187

Mar 18, 2012
I live next to yours haha
anyone have a copy of the stock ics beta rom for xperia play r800i? the link provided for downloading ics beta is not working when trying to download the file server eror always. thanks

Atarii

May 10, 2011
Is it safe to install aosp dialer and people apks over semc phone and contacts? I want to get the contact screen you get in stock ics when tapping someone's thumbnail pic :(

Sent from the best gaming android smartphone in the world with the best forum android app in the world ;)

No, the Sony framework relies heavily on their phone and contacts. This is why none of the custom ROMs based on the beta use AOSP dialer/contacys

Sent from my R800i using XDA

GetPatriotized

Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
I've been using this rom for a few days I'm telling you its a top performer in the ics beta stage. Nice rom keiran :cool:
If you have alot of lag I'd think of starting fresh

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Less than 30 minutes off the charger and it's already at 85%. This is my third time starting fresh. All I've been doing is listen to music using the CM app it came with. The lag is fixed btw. It was underclocked for some reason at 245mhz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Darkforest ICS 18-04-2012 INCREMENTAL UPDATE - DISCONTINUED

Hey,
    I recently discontinued this ROM as I am working on other stuff for development now, with FreeXperia, and I think this ROM is complete enough to discontinue it.

For the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY, based on Official Sony beta. Tweaked for performance and stability, with some eye candy too.

Maintained by KeiranFTW of Team Darkforest @ http://darkforestgroup.com

Light, AOSP styled Android 4.0.3 Rom for the Xperia Play. Rooted, Google Applications and Face unlock pre-installed.

Rom package may look big in size, but that is because Google Apps and Face Unlock are included.

Changelog so far:
    Mobile Bravia Engine Installed
    Added WiFi fixes
    Added Darkforest App with onboard OTA and tweaking
    Added latest su binary and superuser application
    Google Apps pre-installed
    Face Unlock pre installed
    AOSP Themed (Thomassafca)
    FB Video and Game Like apps removed
    De-odexed framework
    Added AOSP Messenger/Conversations
    Removed Sony Home
    Added FileManager (OI)
    Busybox installed
    Notification Toggles
    Property Tweaks
    Working Touchpad and Gamepad
    New Adreno200 libraries + drivers (performance increase)
    Added CPU Option in Darkforest app, here you can set CPU frequency, governor and IO scheduler in app, meaning you don't need SetCPU or NoFrills anymore :)
    To use the CPU settings bit, available frequencies need to be exported at /sys, this is present in Darkforest kernel, not sure about DooMKernel, but this won't work on the stock kernel.
    Added CM Music instead of semc music, to add << || |> >> to status bar go into application settings.
    Added BLUE notification toggles.
    Replaced Launcher2 with Trebuchet, should work well, using nebkat's Trebuchet.
    Added AOSP keyboard
    Added DARKFOREST Settings in Settings application
    Performance Settings under DARKFOREST Settings in application, tweak CPU Speeds, I/O scheduler, CPU Governor
    CM Trebuchet (Launcher) Settings under DARKFOREST Settings.
    Added WP7 style notifications in the new update, with transparent background.

Screenshots of Incremental update functionality is below.

*** You must use a kernel that exports available frequencies at /sys, Darkforest Kernel does this, if CPU Frequency options are not present in Performance Settings, ask your kernel developer to do this ***

Installation Instructions:

If you are already on Darkforest v4 ICS ROM, there is no need to do the below, just flash the update over the top.

If you are using ANY other rom, you WILL need to do the below. If you do not you probably will run into issues.

First of all, flash this rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1571463 <- this contains the base.
    Then, flash an ICS kernel, preferably advanced stock, or hotboot one which has recovery.
    Then, put the file on SDCard, and flash through recovery :)

4.1.23 Download: http://icxperia.com/keiran/DFRv4/DFRv4.1.23.zip
    18-04-12-DFR-INCREMENTAL Download: http://icxperia.com/keiran/DFRv4/18-04-12-DFR-INCREMENTAL.zip

Please install the incremental package over the top of the ROM.

Download is also via Darkforest Application.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png
    7.png
    Uploading v4.1.11 now :)
    Okay, so here is progress of me merging Darkforest stuff into the Settings app:

52848ab7-8ee4-0b85.jpg

52848ab7-8eb6-42c4.jpg

Also update comes tomorrow, fixed a LOAD of things :)

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ PLAY using Tapatalk 2
    You got the thanks now, I forgot :p.
    Thanks! Now I have to press it :D

Anyway, I'm thinking, instead of having a Darkforest app, I could put it in the Settings App?
    It would save me some time as I wouldn't need an icon :p
    Plus, I think its cool :)