Help! Screen or Digiziter broken?

Search This thread

thehomeofDob

Jul 13, 2008
I'm after sitting sleeping on my Diamond. Took a nap on the couch, woke up and found my diamonds screen unresponsive. Now I'm not sure if I've broken just the digitizer or the LCD too.

Basically - when you look at the screen, there's an edge of about 3/4 of a centimetre around the outside of the screen that's okay. But a large rectangular shape on the inside that's all multi coloured - like spilled oil. I'm thinking this because i've broken the LCD but I see no cracks. Inside this rectangle is a pattern of dots - evenly spaced colums and rows, but only where I can see the colour.

I've only had this thing a month :( Please don't tell me I need to go spend €60 on ebay to replace the LCD and Digitizer :(

I'll try and take pictures tonight.

whitefalcon

Dec 29, 2007
DXB
Well I guess My poor diamond is also down for the count :( the touch screen is not responsive at all I tried a soft reset so many times I removed the battery and then put it back and still the touch screen is not responsive.... Oh boy :( wht a day today and craped up luck too :( I went to the service center and they said they will need to chk and get back after 3 days wht a bummer anyway I'll need to backup all my contacts thru this software MyMobiler which can access my mobile from the computer then I can back up everything and I'll get my old trusty HTC Touch out now :) and start using it....

Abel2007

Mar 13, 2007
Groningen
Has anyone mounted a new digitizer screen on an diamond?

my digitizer is cracked and a newone cost about 20 euro better than a complete lcd with digitizer for 45 euro

but i cant find anywhere pictures or information about this.

i swaped quite a fiew digitizers in the past, p3300 and touch and the good old 9100

but this is something else