[APP][ICS & JB]WidgetShade FREE v1.80

Search This thread

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
I present here a new app. WidgetShade Free!

★With WidgetShade you can have your widgets always on hand. Just use the "+" button , or long press any empty space to add a widget. WidgetShade can be called at any moment and will show as an overlay over your active application.

To call WidgetShade you have three options.
-Tap the app icon.
-Tap the notification in the notification bar (can be disabled)
-Use the trigger area (can be disabled)
The trigger area is a white and blue zone that by default appears at the bottom right of your screen, but it can be configured. Tap it or slide your finger over it to activate WidgetShade. In the application settings, you can change the position and size of the trigger area, its visibility, or completely disable it.

IMPORTANT
To avoid android from closing WidgetShade when it runs out of memory, you have two options.
-Enable "Show notification" in the options ; or
-Go to Android Settings, then to Accessibility and enable WidgetShade
Enabling the accessibility service will prevent WidgetShade from being closed. It will not access any personal information, even if the standard android warning says that it may do that.

Widgets shown in the screenshots: Digical, Elixir2, Eye in the sky, retroClock, Gmail, and Top Contacts. These are independent applications, downloadable from the Play Store and I am not related to them in any way.

I will publish this on the Play Store this week, but I wanted to offer it here first. The PRO version will have extra features (extra pages, button bar can be hidden and configurable background opacity).
Please send feedback!

Get it on the Play Store!
WidgetShade Free

History
-------
v1.00
Intial Release
-----
v1.01
Fixes tablet layout
-----
v1.10
Added root option: Android requires 5 seconds to start any Activity after home is pressed. With this option, rooted phones can skip this 5 second wait.
-----
v1.20
Tablet FC should be fixed now. Sorry for all the updates, I don't have the devices to test the program. I depend on user feedback.
-----
v.130
Lots of changes!
-Many parts redone.
-Better Layout (Now defaults to 5 rows x 5 columns)
New in Pro:
-Can choose number of rows and columns.
-Can create Shortcuts to each of the 5 screens.
-----
v.132
-Fixes FC on very High res phones, like Sony xperia Z.
-----
v.140
-Shortcuts can be named
-Shortcuts can have custom icon (PRO only)
-Resizable button bar (PRO only)
-Better trigger area activation (Only responds to swipes, not to taps, but can be configured)
-Vibration on trigger area activation (can be disabled)
--------
v.150
-Improved root compatibility
-Improved trigger: Horizontal swipe to open widgetShade, vertical swipe to move trigger, long-press to open settings.
-Configuration app added to app list (PRO only)
-Option to completely disable the bottom button bar (PRO only)
-------
v.160
-Fixed small FC bug
-Fixed small Preferences bug
-More precise transparency options for trigger
-More precise transparency options for background (PRO only)
-More precise vertical position for trigger
-Vertical swipe and long-press for trigger can be disabled now
-------
v.170
-Translated to Spanish and Catalan.
-Options for trigger area more configurable: Now you can choose what to do on tap, long-press, and swipes.
-Added "Contact the developer" option.
-Slightly improved layout.
-Added License verification to avoid piracy (PRO)
--------
v.180
-Translated to Italian by Davide Baraglia
-Three diferent opening anitmations
-Option to tap on empty space to exit WidgetShade
-Back and settings button can be swapped, to fit Samsung (and other manufacturers) scheme
-Small bug fixes

Attachments

• WSFree.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_2013-04-14-14-40-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-14-14-40-42.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,439
  • Screenshot_2013-04-14-14-40-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-14-14-40-47.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 2,210
  • Screenshot_2013-04-14-14-41-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-14-14-41-00.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 3,193
  • WSFree101.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • WSFree110.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • WSFree120.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • WSFree130b.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • WSFree132.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
  • WSFree140.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
  • WSFree150.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • WSFree160.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • WSFree180.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Michael B.N.

Apr 25, 2011
Silkeborg
Another practical and useful app from you! I don't have a widget I always need to be able to activate, but I think the idea is really good. It's easy to configure and set up to work properly. So a good job from you, even though I don't personally have a need for an app like this.

Reactions: dapaua

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
I added a update that should fix tablet layout. It changes nothing on phones, so you don't really need to update if you are using a phone.
Thank you for testing it!

Reactions: JohnnyEpic

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
New version!

v1.10
Added root option: Android requires 5 seconds to start any Activity after home is pressed. With this option, rooted phones can skip this 5 second wait.

I hope I don't have to update this very often. I'm quite happy as it is now :)

EDIT: I checked it and FC on tablets, on landscape orientation. I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

Last edited:

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
New version

v1.20
Tablet FC should be fixed now. Sorry for all the updates, I don't have the devices to test the program. I depend on user feedback.

I received report of text showing as squares in widgets. How many of you have this problem? Which device do you have? Which android version?

Thank you all!

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
New version 1.3b

Hi!

I completely rebased the program, so now the grid looks nicer (The number of rows and columns). It is now a 5x5 grid, because for some phones you were getting weird grid values like 4x2 or 4x3.
I hope you like it :)

davtse

Jan 17, 2009
Really like where this app is heading. Reminds me alot of Intelliscreenx when I was using the iphone. waiting for a revision or 2 before getting the pro app to support. A suggestion maybe? How about an option for setting a trigger for when the notification shade is down, swiping left and right would activate the widget shade?

Reactions: dapaua

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
Really like where this app is heading. Reminds me alot of Intelliscreenx when I was using the iphone. waiting for a revision or 2 before getting the pro app to support. A suggestion maybe? How about an option for setting a trigger for when the notification shade is down, swiping left and right would activate the widget shade?

It is a good idea, but unfortunately I can't do that. The notification shade always stays on top of everything. This means that I can't capture events when it is down. However, you can enable the notification, which activates WidgetShade when tapped.

If you have more suggestions, let me know. I really appreciate feedback, and I try to implement all the suggestions I receive.

davtse

Jan 17, 2009
It is a good idea, but unfortunately I can't do that. The notification shade always stays on top of everything. This means that I can't capture events when it is down. However, you can enable the notification, which activates WidgetShade when tapped.

If you have more suggestions, let me know. I really appreciate feedback, and I try to implement all the suggestions I receive.

Bought the pro to support. Is it possible to implement a slide to trigger option? the tap to trigger can sometimes be abit disruptive (if the trigger area is too big) or hard to use if we make the trigger area smaller.

Reactions: neuTrue

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
Bought the pro to support. Is it possible to implement a slide to trigger option? the tap to trigger can sometimes be abit disruptive (if the trigger area is too big) or hard to use if we make the trigger area smaller.

I'll try to do this. This was the original intention, but I assumed that tap was okay.
You are right, sometimes I also tap the trigger area by mistake.
Thanks for your support. I hope you enjoy the added features of the pro version.

Reactions: davtse

neuTrue

Oct 31, 2011
@Dapaua:
Good app. I just gave it a try, and decided to log in only to reply to you! :)

Here are the list of my drawbacks (mainly in UI).

1- The trigger button you need to do something with it!
  • I would be happy if it's possible to trigger it with long pressing (I think this is easy to implement).
2- The virtual buttons are annoying (I already got capacitive buttons to start with), and it really takes some space.
  • Back button on capacitive could replicate the same functionality of the virtual one, also long pressing works fine (no need for "+"). The only thing is remaining a way to enter the settings menu).
  • Basically, I am trying to say give us an option to remove the floating buttons on the screen.
3- A slider to better control the high/length of trigger button & transparency.

Basically, focus more on the UI aspect and you will be good on selling this app.

Good luck. :)

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
@Dapaua:
Good app. I just gave it a try, and decided to log in only to reply to you! :)

Here are the list of my drawbacks (mainly in UI).

1- The trigger button you need to do something with it!
  • I would be happy if it's possible to trigger it with long pressing (I think this is easy to implement).
2- The virtual buttons are annoying (I already got capacitive buttons to start with), and it really takes some space.
  • Back button on capacitive could replicate the same functionality of the virtual one, also long pressing works fine (no need for "+"). The only thing is remaining a way to enter the settings menu).
  • Basically, I am trying to say give us an option to remove the floating buttons on the screen.
3- A slider to better control the high/length of trigger button & transparency.

Basically, focus more on the UI aspect and you will be good on selling this app.

Good luck. :)
Thanks for the suggestions.

1.What exactly is wrong with the trigger button? I am now implementing an option to only respond to swipes, and not to taps.This avoids the accidental triggering. It should be ready in a few hours (It's done, needs testing). If the problem is that it is ugly, it can be made transparent. If it is something else, tell me. I like getting feedback.

2.I agree that removing the button bar is a good idea, but I think this would be a PRO version thing. I already have an idea of how to change settings without the button bar.

3. This is a good idea, but first I want to concentrate in the core functionality. But I will implement it eventually.

I am just starting with this, I hope that in the end it will be a good program.

dapaua

Dec 27, 2006
Barcelona
New version.

v.140
-Shortcuts can be named
-Better trigger area activation (Only responds to swipes, not to taps, but can be configured)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I present here a new app. WidgetShade Free!

★With WidgetShade you can have your widgets always on hand. Just use the "+" button , or long press any empty space to add a widget. WidgetShade can be called at any moment and will show as an overlay over your active application.

To call WidgetShade you have three options.
    -Tap the app icon.
    -Tap the notification in the notification bar (can be disabled)
    -Use the trigger area (can be disabled)
    The trigger area is a white and blue zone that by default appears at the bottom right of your screen, but it can be configured. Tap it or slide your finger over it to activate WidgetShade. In the application settings, you can change the position and size of the trigger area, its visibility, or completely disable it.

IMPORTANT
    To avoid android from closing WidgetShade when it runs out of memory, you have two options.
    -Enable "Show notification" in the options ; or
    -Go to Android Settings, then to Accessibility and enable WidgetShade
    Enabling the accessibility service will prevent WidgetShade from being closed. It will not access any personal information, even if the standard android warning says that it may do that.

Widgets shown in the screenshots: Digical, Elixir2, Eye in the sky, retroClock, Gmail, and Top Contacts. These are independent applications, downloadable from the Play Store and I am not related to them in any way.

I will publish this on the Play Store this week, but I wanted to offer it here first. The PRO version will have extra features (extra pages, button bar can be hidden and configurable background opacity).
    Please send feedback!

Get it on the Play Store!
    WidgetShade Free

History
    -------
    v1.00
    Intial Release
    -----
    v1.01
    Fixes tablet layout
    -----
    v1.10
    -----
    v1.20
    -----
    v.130
    Lots of changes!
    -Many parts redone.
    -Better Layout (Now defaults to 5 rows x 5 columns)
    New in Pro:
    -Can choose number of rows and columns.
    -Can create Shortcuts to each of the 5 screens.
    -----
    v.132
    -Fixes FC on very High res phones, like Sony xperia Z.
    -----
    v.140
    -Shortcuts can be named
    --------
    v.150
    -Improved root compatibility
    -Improved trigger: Horizontal swipe to open widgetShade, vertical swipe to move trigger, long-press to open settings.
    -Configuration app added to app list (PRO only)
    -Option to completely disable the bottom button bar (PRO only)
    -------
    v.160
    -Fixed small FC bug
    -------
    v.170
    -Options for trigger area more configurable: Now you can choose what to do on tap, long-press, and swipes.
    --------
    v.180
    -Three diferent opening anitmations
    -Back and settings button can be swapped, to fit Samsung (and other manufacturers) scheme
    -Small bug fixes
    New version

v.160
    -Fixed small FC bug
    Just downloaded. Can't wait to see what it'll do.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda premium
    Another practical and useful app from you! I don't have a widget I always need to be able to activate, but I think the idea is really good. It's easy to configure and set up to work properly. So a good job from you, even though I don't personally have a need for an app like this.
    New version

v.170
    v.180
    -Three diferent opening animations
    -Small bug fixes