ADB Drivers

Search This thread

AndyCr15

Apr 27, 2005
London, UK
www.lanarchy.co.uk
I don't see any other threads, so is it just me struggling to install working ADB drivers?

The zip file I found in another thread made out like it was installed, but apparently not... :(

Any tips?

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
Windows 7/8? The drivers that I posted in the dev thread should work.

If you're on Windows 8 though, you'll have to reboot in that insecure driver installation mode thing.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

AndyCr15

Apr 27, 2005
London, UK
www.lanarchy.co.uk
Win 7 64 bit. I think I'm using the right ones, don't quite understand why it can't be seen :(

It shows up in Device Manager in which ever of the 3 ones I try, but when I try 'adb devices' nothing shows.

Last edited:

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
Win 7 64 bit. I think I'm using the right ones, don't quite understand why it can't be seen :(

It shows up in Device Manager in which ever of the 3 ones I try, but when I try 'adb devices' nothing shows.

You try "ADB Composite Device" or something along those lines? When you run that one it should be good.

When you download the zip, you should just extract the whole thing. Then after that I find the driver manually instead of having it search the folders. Are you selecting the android_winusb.inf for the driver?

I'm on the same OS for my main desktop and I do a lot of my work with the N1 on there using those drivers. Are you using normal command prompt in the platform-tools folder? I don't use anything other than command prompt for adb, so I'm not sure about those picking it up.

Sorry if that isn't any help, but I'm not sure what would stop it from picking it up after you use those drivers. :confused:

ChodTheWacko

Feb 8, 2011
the other threads zip file works fine with my win 64. Are you going through a usb hub? That can mess it up

Sent from my N1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sep 1, 2010
Linux

ADB not working on Ubuntu 13.10. No issue with fastboot. When I do ADB devices, it doesn't return anything at all aside from "List of devices attached" with a blank space underneath.

Curiously, even after enabling USB debugging I am never given the RSA popup asking me to confirm access. I'm guessing the two are related but even after revoking previous confirmations via the Developer Menu, I still can't get it to pop up.

ChodTheWacko

Feb 8, 2011
ADB not working on Ubuntu 13.10. No issue with fastboot. When I do ADB devices, it doesn't return anything at all aside from "List of devices attached" with a blank space underneath.

Curiously, even after enabling USB debugging I am never given the RSA popup asking me to confirm access. I'm guessing the two are related but even after revoking previous confirmations via the Developer Menu, I still can't get it to pop up.

I recently got this going on Ubuntu 12 on VIrtualBox.
I have to start the adb server as root to get it working, i.e sudo adb start-server,
before I do 'adb devices'.

Also if you use VIrtualBox don't forget to add the usb filter for adb mode too.