GN3 Ac3 support mod by pako7 - update : found & working !

Search This thread

kursk

Nov 15, 2007
Paris
Hi everbody,

pako777 of 4pda.ru (pako7 on xda) was kind enough to send me his patch.

The original patch (as in this topic http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=503233&st=120#entry25623750) is attached to this thread.

As i found too many difference between my original media_codecs.xml and the one in the archive i've juste added these lines to /etc/media_codecs.xml (tagged by <!-- added AC3 support -->, other lines are fyi)
HTML:
        <MediaCodec name="OMX.SEC.flac.dec" type="audio/flac" >
            <Quirk name="needs-flush-before-disable" />
            <Quirk name="decoder-ignores-streamcorrupt-error" />
        </MediaCodec>
        <!-- added AC3 support -->
        <MediaCodec name="OMX.SEC.ac3.dec" type="audio/ac3" >
        </MediaCodec>
        <MediaCodec name="OMX.SEC.wma.dec" type="audio/x-ms-wma" >
        </MediaCodec>

Also copied the to .so files to /system/lib

I'm on rooted stock 4.4.2 XXUENB1

Cheers !

Attachments

• Patch_AC3_N900.rar
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,583
Last edited:

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Just a reminder, if you use ES file explorer (not sure about other file managers, don't use anything else), you need to change back file permissions for xml file and both lib files and reboot the phone for it to work.

mikep90

May 24, 2014
Just a reminder, if you use ES file explorer (not sure about other file managers, don't use anything else), you need to change back file permissions for xml file and both lib files and reboot the phone for it to work.

I just have to copy and paste these lines <MediaCodec name="OMX.SEC.ac3.dec" type="audio/ac3" > <Quirk name="needs-flush-before-disable" /> <Quirk name="decoder-ignores-streamcorrupt-error" /> </MediaCodec> bc all the other ones are already there so I just want to make sure.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
copy the lines between "added AC3 Support" to mediacodecs.xml, copy 2 files to /system/lib, fix permissions for all 3 files, reboot

Reactions: ahmed333

mikep90

May 24, 2014
copy the lines between "added AC3 Support" to mediacodecs.xml, copy 2 files to /system/lib, fix permissions for all 3 files, reboot

OK that's what I did but I didn't have to fix the permissions I had use rom toolbox with browser within that app. It works I didn't reboot but after I did that all is well.

AppleJuice3

Jan 7, 2010
I did this fix and now my youtube, watchESPN soundcloud, netflix, hangouts apps force close. The AC3 audio does work though. Any thoughts?:confused::confused:

Factory reset did not fix the issue and AC3 audio is still playing. I guess the reset didn't undo the 'fix' .

Last edited:

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
I did this fix and now my youtube, watchESPN soundcloud, netflix, hangouts apps force close. The AC3 audio does work though. Any thoughts?:confused::confused:

Factory reset did not fix the issue and AC3 audio is still playing. I guess the reset didn't undo the 'fix' .

Youtube works fine on mine, I don't use other programs,
Double check permissions on the files you accessed, verify you didn't accidentally change anything else in xml file, restore original xml file, if all fails reload original firmware, after factory reset it shouldn't be that much more work.

Reactions: AppleJuice3

MD5Hash

Nov 15, 2010
Madison, WI
I guess getting AC3 codecs working on their Note 3s isn't something that's important to a lot of people...sorry for bumping this thread, but I just wanted to let people know that it didn't work for me, but it didn't do anything bad either. I set the octet to 644 (I assume that's what you all meant by fix permissions, but let me know if I am wrong!) and put the three files in the right locations, but Plex, with AC3 turned on in the advanced options, still says "this device cannot play AC3"

So, it seems it isn't working, but it doesn't cause any apps to horse close/crash for me.

solidus69

Oct 8, 2013
I thought someone was answering me. Since I was interested in my android box. I searched the forum is the only thing I found

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everbody,

pako777 of 4pda.ru (pako7 on xda) was kind enough to send me his patch.

The original patch (as in this topic http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=503233&st=120#entry25623750) is attached to this thread.

As i found too many difference between my original media_codecs.xml and the one in the archive i've juste added these lines to /etc/media_codecs.xml (tagged by <!-- added AC3 support -->, other lines are fyi)
    HTML:
            <MediaCodec name="OMX.SEC.flac.dec" type="audio/flac" >
            </MediaCodec>
            <MediaCodec name="OMX.SEC.ac3.dec" type="audio/ac3" >
            </MediaCodec>
            <MediaCodec name="OMX.SEC.wma.dec" type="audio/x-ms-wma" >
            </MediaCodec>

Also copied the to .so files to /system/lib

I'm on rooted stock 4.4.2 XXUENB1

Cheers !

Youtube works fine on mine, I don't use other programs,
    Double check permissions on the files you accessed, verify you didn't accidentally change anything else in xml file, restore original xml file, if all fails reload original firmware, after factory reset it shouldn't be that much more work.