[ROM] 16/Nov r1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Wildfire with Online Kitchen

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Wildfire (this is the version based on the 1.37.405.1 release)! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must have a custom recovery image installed (Clockwork Mod).

Features (these are the features for the currently posted prebake, please check the changelog for any pending changes that are in the kitchen)
  • Based on the 1.37.405.1 release
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Insecure boot image (ro.secure=0)
  • Optimised with the MCR build process
  • All components updated to the latest versions
  • ROM is de-odexed
Please note that this is the first release, many more changes will be added now via the kitchen and periodically updated prebakes (as per normal MCR builds!)

Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
  • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.

DOWNLOAD

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are in download topic at MoDaCo.

Enjoy! :)

P

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
This is the first release of the ROM - I will start dropping in the usual MCR features quickly going forward (via the kitchen first as usual, periodically building prebakes). :)

P

Alex_GP

May 15, 2009
If I remove Sense and the HTC Lock screen can I use the default lockscreen AND use the alarm? (previously, from what I know, removing the HTC lockscreen rendered you unable to hit the snooze/cancel alarm buttons because they would not appear.)

TweetyPeety

Recognized Themer
Aug 22, 2010
I haven't tried the Kernel from HCDR.Jacob but it would be great if you could add an option for it. I think a lot of user would use it.

And maybe the option to replace the standard launcher by ADW Launcher or Launcherpro which are the most famous ones.

except this, it sound like a really good rom and I will try it the next days

windywoo

Aug 14, 2010
Belfast
If you remove the HTC lockscreen you end up with a bastardised standard lock screen that has the tabs and clock vertical instead of horizontal. Would be pro if there were some way around this. OpenFire and Cyanogen both have the stock lock screen without this bug.

Market seems not to show all the apps e.g. 2 results for ROM Manager instead of 10. The market fix on this board is only for froyo and buggars up the market if you try to install on MCR. Perhaps there is a way to make it work with 2.1

Other than this it was great to bake my own ROM to my own tastes and have it run nearly perfectly.

Alex_GP

May 15, 2009
If you remove the HTC lockscreen you end up with a bastardised standard lock screen that has the tabs and clock vertical instead of horizontal. Would be pro if there were some way around this. OpenFire and Cyanogen both have the stock lock screen without this bug.

Market seems not to show all the apps e.g. 2 results for ROM Manager instead of 10. The market fix on this board is only for froyo and buggars up the market if you try to install on MCR. Perhaps there is a way to make it work with 2.1

Other than this it was great to bake my own ROM to my own tastes and have it run nearly perfectly.

The only fix that I found was for HTC Hero, it would be cool if somebody would port it to Wildfire:http://geekfor.me/hero/fixes/vanilla-lockscreen/

fatum2002

Dec 12, 2010
Guys, download link seems to be broken (i cannot download it from modaco website too (i'm registered there)). Could someone put the file on a fileshare somewhere?

rolks

Aug 5, 2010
Haapsalu
1 thing i dont like on this rom/froyo, on statusbar dont show 3g or 2g, its not modaco's fault, its googles or htc

gryphynwing

Jul 26, 2010
bad rom = =
everything is fast. but phone, messages, and other apps constant freezes and force closes. = = not getting text messages at times too.