[Q] Any way to turn the screen on via the volume rocker?

Search This thread
Aug 10, 2010
Oregon
So I think there might be something wrong with the power button, when it does work it has a 5 second lag between pressing it and when the lock screen pops up. However, there have been several times where I'm going to bring it out of sleep mode and it doesn't wake up - so I press and hold the power button for a few seconds and nothing. When I press it again it vibrates and boots up normally. So what I think is happening is I'm actually turning it off, thinking that it's having issues with the SOD, and then turning it back on again. But no matter how many times I just simply press the power button it still won't bring up the lock screen out of sleep. So is there some way I can turn it on via the volume rocker?

Thanks in advanced.

shaun298

Jun 14, 2011
Union City Indiana
So I think there might be something wrong with the power button, when it does work it has a 5 second lag between pressing it and when the lock screen pops up. However, there have been several times where I'm going to bring it out of sleep mode and it doesn't wake up - so I press and hold the power button for a few seconds and nothing. When I press it again it vibrates and boots up normally. So what I think is happening is I'm actually turning it off, thinking that it's having issues with the SOD, and then turning it back on again. But no matter how many times I just simply press the power button it still won't bring up the lock screen out of sleep. So is there some way I can turn it on via the volume rocker?

Thanks in advanced.

That is the sleep of death. No on the volume without special programming.

Aug 10, 2010
Oregon
Well, the only thing that made me think it was otherwise was the battery stats - it shows that the tablet has been awake the whole time it's been in SOD...

shaun298

Jun 14, 2011
Union City Indiana
Well, the only thing that made me think it was otherwise was the battery stats - it shows that the tablet has been awake the whole time it's been in SOD...

That is what I have found, it is still running. That is why you have to monkey with the power button, the first long press shuts it off even tho it looks to be off. After it is shut down, then it will turn back on. Their are some ics roms that this is fixed in. I used to have the sod, but the rom I am using don't have that problem and I have had that problem with all roms, sept ics.