[ROM][4.4.2][CDMA/GSM][OFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.1.4 [04/06/14]

Search This thread

Decon1

Dec 11, 2010
Motorola Razr 5G
so,the 5.1.5 is 4.4.4....i just try to flash with correct gapps...

Sent from my XT910 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

NO! It's 4.4.2......I flashed with pa_gapps 4.4.4_Minimal.

I was just saying that this is a good ROM but with the 4.4.4 ROMs becoming better I won't be using a 4.4.2 as a Daily Driver. Sorry for the confusion!

Reactions: eazha
How to deny wakeups...

...With denying wakeups and built in RR power saving I am getting great battery even without JBX and having active notifications and pocket mode set to ON...

I'm having wakelock (and GPS locking) issues with my phone, thus causing me to only get 6-10hrs, per charge, on my Droid Razr MAXX (which normally gets 18-30hrs per charge). I don't know how to do the "Deny Wakeups", if someone could please point me into the right direction of setting(s), app, function or technique to reduce this battery drain, it would be most appreciated!!

TheDelta

Nov 5, 2012
Battery Drain

I'm having wakelock (and GPS locking) issues with my phone, thus causing me to only get 6-10hrs, per charge, on my Droid Razr MAXX (which normally gets 18-30hrs per charge). I don't know how to do the "Deny Wakeups", if someone could please point me into the right direction of setting(s), app, function or technique to reduce this battery drain, it would be most appreciated!!

Hi, sorry for late reply, have you by any chance been using betterbatterystats? it would be easy to debug if youcan post the betterbattery stats info for about 4-5 hours of no usage on the phone - of all the screens.

Basic debugging to help would be to check if google now/search is giving you traffic updates. My phone used to do that and for that it would wake up the phone every minute. If possible disable this from the google now settings. I dont think any app is causing this but that will be evident from the better battery screen as to who wakes up your phone.

About denying wakelocks, please be careful. denying some system wakelocks might result in like, not getting notifications like call/alarm/whatsapp etc so be sure you check the correct app and correct permissions. google now i denied everything when i was using RR :)

for that you need to open settings - there is an option caleld as App Ops
i think it is one or 2 spaces below the apps option which shows installed apps.
I dont have RR installed right now, but as far as i remember, there were categories and the same apps were listed across the categories based on what type of wakelocks they were using, etc. so you just have to select the right one and deny it.
Best way to do this is, charge your phone and reboot it (just to keep stats simple) and then leave it for like 4-5 hours so that battery drains in the background due to wake locks. Then go check the app ops option for all the apps that you suspect. Mostly it has a count written there, how many number of times this permission was used, etc. that should help you find it out. normally i had such permissions in like 12K to 30K in about 6 hours when i was getting battery drain.

Hope that helps, if you still have doubts or all of that doesnt help, post better battery stats screen shots and then we can work it out here!
Happy Flashing!!:good::D

Reactions: willflint and Nihar
Nov 3, 2010
my phone error " E: error in / int / Resurrection_Remix_kk_v5...zip (status 6), installation aborted ( i am using BMM to flash rom)
how can i fix? please help me

Reactions: kelangthang2701
You need to replace the META-INF folder in the rom zip from here https://www.copy.com/s/tRHeU6VlHMqg/META-INF.zip#

I CAN USE WINRAR OR 7ZIP TO REPLACE? I DON NOT UNDERSTAND WHY MUST I REPLACE META-INF folder?

I'm using Winrar but I think that you can use 7zip also.
I don't know for sure but I guess that most roms are made to flash with SS,some of them you can flash with BMM without replacing that folder,like LiquidSmooth for example...
But,why is it matter?

Sent from my Razr XT910

Apps Permissions and Better Battery Stats

Hi, sorry for late reply, have you by any chance been using betterbatterystats? it would be easy to debug if you can post the betterbattery stats info for about 4-5 hours of no usage on the phone - of all the screens.

THANK YOU, your reply was very quick and appreciated! Sorry for mine being delayed, had a lot going on during that weekend and this past week, couldn't get to see your response in full.

Basic debugging to help would be to check if google now/search is giving you traffic updates. My phone used to do that and for that it would wake up the phone every minute. If possible disable this from the google now settings. I dont think any app is causing this but that will be evident from the better battery screen as to who wakes up your phone.

I had tried this before, but it didn't help completely, but I'm glad to hear I was on the right track initially!

About denying wakelocks...for that you need to open settings - there is an option caleld as App Ops
i think it is one or 2 spaces below the apps option which shows installed apps.
I dont have RR installed right now, but as far as i remember, there were categories and the same apps were listed across the categories based on what type of wakelocks they were using, etc. so you just have to select the right one and deny it.

I was able to locate the settings you were referring to in "Apps permissions", and reduce or remove permissions for several apps. There's still some occasional drain, but most days I'm getting anywhere from 12-28hrs of battery again!

Hope that helps, if you still have doubts or all of that doesnt help, post better battery stats screen shots and then we can work it out here!
Happy Flashing!!:good::D

Hey Delta,
Thanks a million for this very informative post! I am constantly using my phone, so getting the screenshots after no use has been a little tough. I will do that if I start getting too many more 6-10hr days, but I think so far what you've taught me has gotten me just about back to normal. It's given the phone a little more stability sometimes too. But I'm still fighting with that issue (constant freezing and unresponsiveness).
Thanks again, and have a great weekend! :highfive:

TheDelta

Nov 5, 2012
Battery Drain

THANK YOU, your reply was very quick and appreciated! Sorry for mine being delayed, had a lot going on during that weekend and this past week, couldn't get to see your response in full.

I had tried this before, but it didn't help completely, but I'm glad to hear I was on the right track initially!

I was able to locate the settings you were referring to in "Apps permissions", and reduce or remove permissions for several apps. There's still some occasional drain, but most days I'm getting anywhere from 12-28hrs of battery again!

Hey Delta,
Thanks a million for this very informative post! I am constantly using my phone, so getting the screenshots after no use has been a little tough. I will do that if I start getting too many more 6-10hr days, but I think so far what you've taught me has gotten me just about back to normal. It's given the phone a little more stability sometimes too. But I'm still fighting with that issue (constant freezing and unresponsiveness).
Thanks again, and have a great weekend! :highfive:

Always eager to help :highfive:
Resurrection was quite good, can't find a good rom that has good active display inbuilt and no rom that has this App ops option.
Too bad they ain't supporting it.
Happy Flashing!! :D

TheDelta

Nov 5, 2012
Next ROM

LiquidSmooth has booth fully working!

Tapped from another Dimension

Had been meaning to tell you. AICP was quite a good daily driver!! i didnt have time so used it up to 3 weeks i think. Quite good!! :D:D
It did have very less battery consumption while using the phone. But about 2-3%/hr even if not using the phone at all. Some wakeups which i think are related to google now but not really sure. It always comes from something gms, i think google play services and mostly about wakelock activity detector or something like that. Just this weekend i came back to slim then, most trusted daily :cyclops:. But same battery drain issue which now i think is the result of google now or hangouts or google plus or something. Must try liquid smooth, can you post link here? and which gapps? and also the app ops screen shot if not too much trouble :p

BTW i dont know if something is wrong with my phone or safestrap or whatever, I just cannot install any version of jbx on any rom :(
RR, AICP and now SLIM. And the SOKP which already had JBX in it did not boot. Nothing boots after i install jbx and i think the aroma installer never really finishes the install to bring me to the reboot screen. But not sure what could be wrong? my phone needs jbx :confused:

DumbleCore

Nov 27, 2012
Hobb’s End
Had been meaning to tell you. AICP was quite a good daily driver!! i didnt have time so used it up to 3 weeks i think. Quite good!! :D:D
It did have very less battery consumption while using the phone. But about 2-3%/hr even if not using the phone at all. Some wakeups which i think are related to google now but not really sure. It always comes from something gms, i think google play services and mostly about wakelock activity detector or something like that. Just this weekend i came back to slim then, most trusted daily :cyclops:. But same battery drain issue which now i think is the result of google now or hangouts or google plus or something. Must try liquid smooth, can you post link here? and which gapps? and also the app ops screen shot if not too much trouble :p

BTW i dont know if something is wrong with my phone or safestrap or whatever, I just cannot install any version of jbx on any rom :(
RR, AICP and now SLIM. And the SOKP which already had JBX in it did not boot. Nothing boots after i install jbx and i think the aroma installer never really finishes the install to bring me to the reboot screen. But not sure what could be wrong? my phone needs jbx :confused:
For a port AICP was really stable! So, for LS, here ya go :D
drdevs.com/devs/teamliquid/Nightly/

Just use slim Gapps, I'm doing this on every rom, no problems :D
So, this is app opps/privacy guard :)

e64a1029bf04ef74f8af7d0466eae24b.jpg

4f8cc360e1e63c2177ae967f25553371.jpg

I'm running latest version of jbx now along with cm11, but should work with all source build roms, didn't work with the ports!
Are you downloading directly to your phone?
Try downloading via computer and transfer it to your phone via USB!

Give it a try and good luck! :D

Reactions: sad days

TheDelta

Nov 5, 2012
App Ops

I'm running latest version of jbx now along with cm11, but should work with all source build roms, didn't work with the ports!

Yesssss. Those are the App Ops that i want!!! :D:D:D
Guess its time to switch to LS then.
Ya i always use slim gapps, slim are good :cyclops:
I always have to download on the computer though, i also check md5 sum every damn time, :confused:
Lets try it with LS and then even then if i cannot get JBX, i will work harder to find out whats wrong :fingers-crossed:
will flash LS this weekend!! :D:D:cowboy:
Thanks!! :good: :good:

Reactions: sad days

TheDelta

Nov 5, 2012
App Ops

Yesssss. Those are the App Ops that i want!!! :D:D:D
Guess its time to switch to LS then.
Ya i always use slim gapps, slim are good :cyclops:
I always have to download on the computer though, i also check md5 sum every damn time, :confused:
Lets try it with LS and then even then if i cannot get JBX, i will work harder to find out whats wrong :fingers-crossed:
will flash LS this weekend!! :D:D:cowboy:
Thanks!! :good: :good:

What ROM screen shot did you send? I thought you included LS screenshots. You seem to have advanced app ops and i only have normal app ops. :confused:

Attachments

• app_ops.png
    app_ops.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 234

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    design_elements_landingnew.png

About Resurrection Remix ROM ®
    Installation
    Downloads and useful links

About Resurrection Remix ROM ®

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on AOKP, CM, PA, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy![/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Resurrection Remix[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]supporting many devices[/font]

Special thanks to the AOKP team ParanoidAndroid team, the CM team, OMNI team and of course to all the supporters
    Included Main Features

Halo

Active display

Lockscreen Notifications

Application side bar

Omniswitch

Notification panel tweaks

Tiles style

Music Toggle

Pitch Black UI Mode

Camera mods

ListView Animations

Custom system animations

Custom progress bar

Screen recorder

Hardware buttons and navbar options

Status bar traffic monitor

Battery bar options

CRT animations

SB Brightness slider

Expanded desktop

Profiles

Performance controller

Flip tiles

Theme chooser

Keyboard features

Lockscreen see blur and reduce slider

Show Wi-Fi name

Headset action

Low battery warning

Lock clock widget

Privacy guard

Permission management

Power sounds

Share ROM

Battery mods

Changelog

Lockscreen options and targets

Center Clock/No clock/Right Clock

AM/PM,date and colors

New Wallpaper app

Nova/Stock launcher included

AND MORE...

-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS-

1.- Wipe data / factory reset (mandatory if you coming from STOCK OR 4.4.X version or another ROM)
    2.- Install the Main ROM
    3.- Install gapps
    4.- When you're back on recovery go to Advanced
    5.- Wipe Dalvik Cache
    6.- Fix Permissions
    7.- Wipe Cache Partition
    8.- Reboot​

-UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM [I used rom slot 2 on SS 3.65]
    - Flash Gapps
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!​

IMPORTANT: If you come from another ROM, have some issues or want a really clean installation then follow the 'Extended steps to install the ROM' featured on the General FAQ

Installation Files

ROM

Gapps

Changelog

Quick Review by zedomax:

Installation Guide:

You are a Noob on XDA-Developers [If you really are one, please see this video ;)]

Resurrection Remix Team

westcrip

xenon92

Device Maintainers

rodman01 (i9000, i897 and T959)
    Nihar (hammerhead)

Big thanks to:

XDA developers

CM team

Kang (AOKP) team

Omni team

Slim rom

cyberboob [For signatures, images]

BigDenn [For Bootanimations]

AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS, DONATORS AND USERS

This Rom is an unofficial kanging of i9100 thread by @westcrip lead author of Resurrection Remix®. So all credits and thanks goes to westcrip!!

Known bugs
    NO Update in Settings/Resurrection Tools!

Contributors
    Nihar

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-04-16

Created 2014-04-21
    Last Updated 2014-04-20
    Screenshots

SCREENSHOTS

f5L2a3D.png
    02Z3Soo.png
    EJyZ35B.png

HvzD7BA.png
    aoYNkqG.png
    z89VXbW.png

Lmn5PvF.png
    gP3tTL7.png
    TGlaEbD.png

98GEzp9.png
    8nmnDZS.png
    GN4Atl8.png

UPNu48C.png
    VVucJ09.png
    ZgdNlVB.png

8aHszbp.png
    vQ9MlNL.png
    bYzjJMJ.png

# Resurrection Remix KitKat 4.4.2 - v5.1.3-20140525 # Basic

- Peek: updates and fixes
    - NEW: App Circle Sidebar
    - Pitch Black : Red Action Bar
    - Dismiss IME when floating window is dismissed
    - Don't animate the circle battery meter when battery is fully charged
    - Smart Pull-Down - Any Notification
    - Themes: Support launcher based icon packs
    - Remove blank app from notification access menu
    - Add "Accept all files" option for incoming files via Bluetooth
    - Revert "CPUFreq Tile"
    - Perf: Improve performance profiles
    - Immersive mode: don't unconfirm a package, that's just dumb
    - Development: Add setting for overwriting recovery
    - CM11 Themes: Allow defining a custom default theme
    - Fix ressource leaks
    - Bluetooth updates
    - Add a getter for the x and y offsets of the wallpaper window
    - Keep title clean : remove ® from resurrection remix title
    - Updates to FR translations by Madikan
    - Settings: correct y-axis brightness in preview
    - Remove nova launcher
    - Add maintainers: LG Optimus 4X HD-Nexus 7 2013-Nexus 7 LTE 2013-Sony Xperia M
    - Trebuchet updates
    - Torch updates
    - Camera updates
    - Themes app updates and improvements
    - i9300-Device provides its own camera HAL
    - i9300-n7100-Fix google camera
    - smdk4412-common: fix charging animation
    - smdk4412-common: Enable use of FFMPEG codecs for extended formats
    - smdk4412-kernel updates
    - hammerhead: Fix default value of color calibration
    - Included lot of performance,sound and media updates
    - Included CyanogenMod source updates and fixes

Downloads:
    spyder
    umts-spyder
    # Resurrection Remix KitKat 4.4.2 - v5.1.4-20140602 # Basic

- Add gesture anywhere
    - Add equalizer tile
    - Add compass tile
    - On-The-Go mode & shake to turn on/off torch
    - Add system app remover
    - Added Power button to available NavigationBar buttons
    - Add on-the-go and volume as Default tile
    - Fliptile animation:For Compass Tile & On-The-Go Tile
    - SystemUI: Make wifi combo margin themable
    - Lockscreen: Avoid SystemUI crash due to NPE - fix all bıtmap derp
    - Fix resource leaks
    - Fix hiding ADB notification
    - CM11 Themes: Use package name from AndroidManifest
    - wm: Underp menu key release processing
    - Fix circle battery opaqueness for the low battery color
    - wm: Make the default menu longpress action configurable at build time
    - wm: Underp menu key release processing
    - wm: Simplify menu action decision paths
    - quiethours: fix vibrate option
    - Keyguard : Fix album art sticking after playback is stopped
    - fix default lockscreen targets
    - CM11 Themes: Don't kill setup wizards
    - Fix wallpapers not applying in full screen
    - Added Non-Roaming for carrier BSNL in UP East and WEST INDIA
    - frameworks: allow Keyguard package to be defined in overlay
    - Keyguard: Make sure disabling Camera widget
    - perf: Don't persist the perf profile across a reboot
    - perf: Send a boost hint when a key on the navbar is pressed
    - Animate circle battery rotation back to 0 after unplugging
    - Bluetooth: Fix for device gets stuck in pairing
    - Bluetooth: Acquire wakelock to turn on lcd during Connection
    - settings: Move headset option, hide MoreDeviceSettings if empty
    - Settings: Remove screen rotation from accessibility
    - Settings: Allow access for external apps to launch ThemeSettings Fragment directly
    - Settings: read keyguard package name from overlays
    - Settings: Disable Battery status preference on ModLock.
    - Settings: Remove "Make pattern visible" regardless.
    - Settings: Device Maintainers: Remove janice & codina
    - Settings: Maintainer : add device Galaxy Note int
    - n7100 - Fix sensors - audio hal updates - Update fingerprint
    - i9300 - Add iso mode settings to the CameraWrapper - fix preview/camera crash after stopping video record
    - ResurrectionSetup updates
    - Trebuchet updates
    - Theme chooser updates
    - Camera app improvements
    - Calculator updates
    - MMS updates
    - Included lot of performance,sound and media updates
    - Included All CyanogenMod source updates and fixes
    - Check out the source activities for more updates https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

Downloads:
    http://d-h.st/users/n205des

EDIT: Both the builds are uploaded..
    # Resurrection Remix KitKat 4.4.2 - v5.1.2-20140516 # Basic

- Add New RR Team member t4n017 (Tano Abeleyra) to developer info cards
    - Settings: make animations faster by default
    - Floating Window:updates and fixes
    - New Lockscreen custom wallpaper from cm11 .new theme chooser capable
    - CPUFreq Tile
    - WallpaperPicker: Destroy cropview to avoid leaks
    - Allow 3 AT (mnc05) to roam on T-Mobile in Austria
    - Avoid SystemUI crash due to NPE
    - CamcorderProfile: Add 4k timelapse encoder constants
    - AudioService: fix safe volume enforced even when disabled
    - fix systemui fc while changing slim recents to left on hdpi compiled devices
    - Second Clock Statusbar
    - Add AutoRotate and music as Default tile
    - MediaFile: support more media types
    - UserTile: Fix displaying user information for multi-user devices
    - Add missing mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi drawables for new theme engine
    - remove xperia neo - hallon from device tree
    - Fix NullPointerException issue when user change
    - Packages : Fix for Softap turn ON/OFF fail issue.
    - Fixes error message during pairing of HOGP devices
    - Bluetooth: Ignore the second button if one already pressed
    - Bluetooth: Release pan proxy object while coming out from tethering menu
    - settings: Remove "mobile plan"
    - make LinearColorBar themeable
    - Settings: modify AOSP RU translation
    - fix RR Tools xxhdpi PNG s
    - Themes: List ThemeSettings as a valid fragment
    - Add maintainer- Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Toro (by nasty007)
    - Add maintainer- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 - GT-I9205 / GT-I9200 (by Silesh.Nair)
    - Trebuchet updates
    - Theme chooser updates
    - Torch updates
    - Camera updates
    - Email updates
    - Recovery updates
    - Mms updates
    - Lockclock updates
    - Latin İME updates
    - Contact updates
    - Translation updates
    - Check out the source activities for more updates https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

spyder http://www.mediafire.com/download/g...urrection_Remix_KK_v5.1.2-20140518-spyder.zip
    umts_spyder http://www.mediafire.com/download/v...tion_Remix_KK_v5.1.2-20140518-umts_spyder.zip