Who All Rooted

Who rooted

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

spierce617

Nov 25, 2011
I rooted just to block the advertising. Then I found out that I could get rid of Carrier IQ and so much more. I am glad I rooted this baby.

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Feb 24, 2010
Phoenix
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Im on stock rooted and i love it (not that i wouldnt love an optimized rom more) but i was just getting sick of ads and the dpi made everything so big so that had to change too lol

I rooted so I can fix write to memory card problem.

Idk how i see so many people with this problem. I can use my mem card no problems since day 1.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: BACARDILIMON

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Rooted, sd write as mentioned, carrier iq, dpi, ads...hell, same reasons as everyone else. I don't mind it stock with root but I am hoping for AOSP builds honestly as I just prefer it. I should have got a nexus but knowing the 5 was nearing the point that one way or the other goggle would update it or go silver I just couldn't justify it so went with the g3. Now if only the locked bootloader gets defeated I feel confident this phone will fly.

derickmc

Jun 18, 2010
Nampa, ID
I rooted just because I can. Aside from a few minor tweaks from tweakbox, I'm still completely stock. Haven't flashed any roms or mods, although the WiFi tether mod has peaked my interest. This phone is nearly perfect right out the box. Haven't felt the need to install a custom Rom. Most of them are stock roms anyway.

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
I rooted in order to use TWRP recovery and various xposed tweaks. I can honestly say that after rooting and applying some xposed mods, I don't even miss the AOSP experience on my previous Nexus devices. This stock ROM (with the right tweaks) absolutely flies and has some nice features that I'd miss with an AOSP ROM. I think my days of flashing AOSP ROMs are over.

Reactions: BDHela

hytl

Dec 2, 2007
I want to root but I don't know where to begin and how to get stuffs like ads block, dpi changer ... Do I need to flash new ROM to get those?? Could someone please show me to the right direction?

trikar21b

Apr 13, 2012
I rooted in order to use TWRP recovery and various xposed tweaks. I can honestly say that after rooting and applying some xposed mods, I don't even miss the AOSP experience on my previous Nexus devices. This stock ROM (with the right tweaks) absolutely flies and has some nice features that I'd miss with an AOSP ROM. I think my days of flashing AOSP ROMs are over.

What Xposed tweaks are you using?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

velasco3m

Sep 8, 2014
I pretty much always root, but I couldn't stay stock since I found the UI to be unresponsive at times. I'm currently running the SkyDragon ROM and kernel along with Nova Launcher and other mods.

I Like Soup

Oct 20, 2010
Phoenix by way of Texas
I went ahead and rooted my phone in order to get rid of the lag/stutter and to get rid of bloat and Carrier IQ. Of course, as I've gotten farther down the rabbit hole, I now have TWRP Recovery and have downloaded (not installed yet!) Skydragon's ROM and Kernel to take advantage of further optimizations.

I had a One (m7) and a G2 and never felt the need to root as T-Mobile's footprint on them was pretty limited. But, getting back in the saddle on XDA and using these amazing developers' work has rekindled my interest in the details!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With the tweaks box i dont even care about other roms to be honest

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Im on stock rooted and i love it (not that i wouldnt love an optimized rom more) but i was just getting sick of ads and the dpi made everything so big so that had to change too lol

I rooted so I can fix write to memory card problem.

Idk how i see so many people with this problem. I can use my mem card no problems since day 1.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app