ota ics

Search This thread

stan187

Feb 18, 2012
London
no date mate as far as I know... I think even htc don't know when they are going to release it haha :D I asked them by email last week and the answer was ''should be coming this month'' but as we know for htc ''this month'' means end of the month if not next month or next year :mad: really fed up of waiting and checking for this update which is going to be not a big deal anyway.We will only get sense 3.6 and some graphical changes.....everybody who had the normal sensation and sensation xe was so exited to get it and after the update so many people said that they are disappointed....anyway it will be coming soon I hope :)

chaki-

Apr 3, 2012
Banana Paradise
Even the Sony and SGS 2 are getting it now.....really i think that will be my last HTC.....empty promises, bad new flagman's ....

tigre72

Sep 30, 2010
ICS updated

This morning my Sensation XL updated to ICS v. 4.0.3; Sense 3.6.
Update file size 196.22 Mb for more details...

tigre72

Sep 30, 2010
It is absotutely true, it has updated to ICS. The terminal is a company-free one. I don't need to lie. Check out the file.

Attachments

• 2012-04-14_11-33-09.jpg
    2012-04-14_11-33-09.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,212
Last edited:

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
Can you upload the update then please? There are a handful of devs waiting to get hold of it :p

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

It is absotutely true, it has updated to ICS. The terminal is a company-free one. I don't need to lie. Check out the file.

No one said you was lying mate. All i said was i doubt HTC could squeeze ICS and sence 3.6 into 196mb when gingerbread and Sence 3.5 is 450mb+

Last edited:

stan187

Feb 18, 2012
London
don't know how did you get the update mate.I just had a email from htc and they told me that ICS is going to start rolling on the end of april and they roll it on batches so is going to take a bit of time untill everyone get it :)

msantosm

Jul 19, 2007
Can't be true, I am on some spanish forums and nobody has it. Do a print screen or video of the phone menus.

idannave

Mar 29, 2012
Dear Idan,

Thank you for contacting HTC.

In regards to your enquiry, kindly be informed that the Ice cream sandwich upgrade should be released for you device later on during the year, however we do not have an exact confirmation regarding the month and date when that will happen.
If you have any other inquiries, don’t hesitate to contact us again.
For further details, please note that you can contact us via support line or via email following the below link:
http://www.htc.com/europe/support.aspx. Thank you so much for using HTC products.

We appreciate that you provide us with your phone number,in case of any need to contact you and further assist you.

Respect & Regards,

HTC Technical Support Team
http://www.htc.com

that is the answer from HTC related that issue. they answered me yesterday.

N

neminemistiq

answer from htc

Hallo n****** v****,

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your HTC Sensation XL

I understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with the Android update

In order to rectify this I would like you to perform the following Informations

The updates are sent out in batches to the phones. This may take a different length and varies by service provider to network provider, when the so called release dates are. You can see to it that you are far to the Internet (WLAN) connected, may set the date a little before.

HTC goal for Android updates is to give every customer an improved user experience, which means balancing each phone's unique hardware, HTC Sense experience and the Android kernel. For this reason we will continue reviewing the Ice Cream Sandwich features and functionalities to extend the HTC upgrade plans to more devices as possible.

Our first round of ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) upgrades will roll out till the end of April for the HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE and XL.
In addition, I can confirm ICS upgrades will be coming later this year to the HTC EVO 3D, HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire S and HTC Desire HD.

I would suggest you to follow our official website and social media networks for more updates on device upgrades, timing and other details about HTC and Ice Cream Sandwich.

Finally, it helps unfortunately only to have patience.

I hope that this information meets with your requirements, should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.
If this response has resolved your query, and you have no further questions please close this ticket by following the link below. Upon closure of the ticket you will be invited to complete our Customer Satisfaction Survey which should take no more than 1 minute to complete.
Thank you for contacting HTC Support!

there you have,the htc answer when i asked when my sensation xl will receive ics and sense 4

Saipro

Sep 29, 2011
I understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with the Android update

The updates are sent out in batches to the phones. This may take a different length and varies by service provider to network provider, when the so called release dates are. You can see to it that you are far to the Internet (WLAN) connected, may set the date a little before.

Our first round of ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) upgrades will roll out till the end of April for the HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE and XL.
In addition, I can confirm ICS upgrades will be coming later this year to the HTC EVO 3D, HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire S and HTC Desire HD.

This does not disprove updates are rolling out as we speak. Rather, it speaks of different times & rates of distribution. Tigre72 could actually be right ...

tigre72

Sep 30, 2010
20120424211556.jpg

20120424211923.jpg

20120424213128.jpg

20120424213355.jpgFor those that are suffering a lack of faith...

Attachments

• 20120424213233.jpg
    20120424213233.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the official HTC download link for ICS WWE Europe
    OTA_RUNNYMEDE_ICS_35_S_HTC_Europe_2.31.401.2-1.05.401.4_R2_release_258338d2wzjl71eps0s2e6.zip

Download it and flash it :)
    Update in germany is here !:)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using XDA
    Finally, an official announcement! :)

"We’ve started rolling out updates for the HTC Sensation XL. It will take a bit of time for the update to roll out to everyone, so please be patient."

http://blog.htc.com/2012/03/ics/

Since the sand's of time we were waiting for the thunder to strike our "snow white"...that i am not so excited anymore.
    Hope just to work properly :D
    Vodafail Australia:

The update has been scheduled for Tuesday, May 22 is the release date.

HTC Sensation
    HTC Sensation XL
    HTC Sensation XE

We're rolling out ICS to all of these handsets from Midday on Tuesday, and there will be no staged release. Everyone can get the update right away. This will include an update to Sense and the blog will have some more specifics closer to launch.

Apologies for the late change to the schedule, but we couldn't pass up the chance to get all these updates out at the same time.

Feel free to continue hassling. I'm looking forward to seeing this update in your hands. And I don't mind answering the when question for you again. (The answer is next Tuesday, at Noon.)

Including this announcement the update has been pushed back 3 times already ! And the last time I asked them they said it would be by the end of the week. Lame. If by next Tuesday it's not coming God knows how upset I'll get :D

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

By the way guyz should I do a factory reset after I install the update? Or is there anything else I should do after that? My first time getting an update, quite excited :D