Usb door broke off

Search This thread

etaiso

Apr 22, 2014
I literally just tried to break the charging flap off by twisting it and pulling on it at best buy and they wouldn't break. I have to admit, it feels quite sturdy. How rough are you guys actually being with this? I am having a hard time thinking they just "randomly" break off with everyday use

I also keyed it pretty good and there were no scratches on the screen; however, the camera lens and plastic bezel didn't fare as well since there's no gorilla glass protecting the camera lens and the bezel is just painted plastic

-Sent from Tapatalk

Went to best buy today, the galaxy s5 was missing this door :eek: Well done.

colejo

Apr 6, 2011
Mine came off today but didn't break. It came apart from the door and the black rubber piece. It's as if the adhesive wasn't strong enough.

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver
If it makes you feel any better about the S5's usb flap, I had a chance to demo the Z2 earlier today and the as the rep was opening the port, he ripped it off in one swift gesture.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reactions: LOSTLOGIC89

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver
Wtf lol

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It surprised me as much as it surprised him, he was showing me where the sim card slot/charger port was and right as he opened it, pop the door came right off. He was all like "well thats not supposed to happen..."

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

chronicbint

Jun 6, 2012
Mine just wont close properly any more(only had it 2 weeks). Seems a half arsed method of making it marginally water "resistant" to tick a marketing box.

Three are sending me a new phone, think I will get a wireless charging case or remove it.

paesan

Mar 17, 2010
I broke mine of purposely now I'm happy, that always got in way

Wow. If you didn't want the usb door you could have easily removed it by removing the 1 screw holding it on. Breaking it off just seems pretty extreme plus if you ever want to sell it or turn it in for an upgrade you will have a problem.

Just saw the price for the replacement, $20 for that?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I literally just tried to break the charging flap off by twisting it and pulling on it at best buy and they wouldn't break. I have to admit, it feels quite sturdy. How rough are you guys actually being with this? I am having a hard time thinking they just "randomly" break off with everyday use

I also keyed it pretty good and there were no scratches on the screen; however, the camera lens and plastic bezel didn't fare as well since there's no gorilla glass protecting the camera lens and the bezel is just painted plastic

-Sent from Tapatalk
    Я снял шапку на всех :)
    Lol, how have you guys broke the door already? Damn. Can't really blame Samsung on this one either. Quit man-handling the door and it won't break off.

-Sent from Tapatalk
    What kind of customer are you?
    This is a danger signal for Verizon Edge users. The Edge paperwork they sent with my S5 demands that I send them my old S3 in trade, and they list rules and restrictions including things like the S3 cannot have broken or missing port covers or they'll reject the phone, KEEP it, and charge me $200 for the trouble. How you get to reject, keep, and bill for the same device is something only a Verizon can do.

Now, the S3 doesn't have port covers or anything like that so it's not an issue. But the S5 does, so when mine snaps off ( and I know it will), I will be stuck unable to ever trade this S5 for something else.

Really prompting me to think about sending the S5 back if Verizon is going to be very stern about this. Honestly this S3 is mine and not theirs. I paid for it. I'd intended to sell it to Gazelle, not send it back to Verizon.

That seems illegal, they would actually be stealing your phone as well as $200 by doing that..

Also, the usb door is very easy to replace, once the spare parts are available.
    It's just a simple screw to remove to small door under the battery cover and replace the usb door that way.