[Q] Is anyone else having GPS issues?

Search This thread

mcherin

Aug 4, 2013
I'm running rooted, stock with stock kernel and my GPS signal won't get a lock. I can't use Nav or get my precise location in Maps either. I tried to reset my GPS data as well as download AGPS files, but neither proved successful. Does anyone know how to fix the issue?

chrisgto4

Dec 17, 2009
Dallas
yesterday mine wouldnt work at all. today it was really choppy..meaning the blue arrow jumped while driving instead of moving with me. denton, texas

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: jbandana

phil.culler

Aug 7, 2011
I've had no troubles with this phone, but on my gs2 when I did I used a program from play store called "topntp" that worked wonders for getting a GPS fix.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mcherin

Aug 4, 2013
There are no 4.4.3 ROMs from what I have looked at and if there were, none were TW, stock. Tried the app the previous post mentioned and had no luck with it. Using Waze isn't a solution to the problem, simply a workaround and I hate the UI of Waze, which is why I use Maps instead. There has to be a fix for this issue. I've ordered a replacement device in the meantime.

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
There are no 4.4.3 ROMs from what I have looked at and if there were, none were TW, stock. Tried the app the previous post mentioned and had no luck with it. Using Waze isn't a solution to the problem, simply a workaround and I hate the UI of Waze, which is why I use Maps instead. There has to be a fix for this issue. I've ordered a replacement device in the meantime.

4.4.3 has not been released yet so there will not be any ROMs using it yet.

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
So what is a fix for the issue?

I don't seem to have the problem for what I use the phone for, but then I don't use navigate often. I do use one of the AGPS updater (can't recall which one at the moment) and I do get a good lock fairly quickly (under 4s).

If there really is an issue however, the fix is in the updated Android 4.4.3 release which as already stated has not yet been released. So there is no "fix".

atlzonly89

Dec 24, 2013
Atlanta GA

Just sayin, it is a little better then the main apps page like live updates which includes traffice, the actual time youll get to your destination, accidents, and so on.....your probably the first one that doesnt likes waze......you did ask for a fix......i had the same issue with mine on non-rooted and rooted devices and thats the reason why i use waze, it gets the job done better then the main navi app. but it might be a faulty equipment, get it swapped but note that it will be a refurbished device

phil.culler

Aug 7, 2011
Just sayin, it is a little better then the main apps page like live updates which includes traffice, the actual time youll get to your destination, accidents, and so on.....your probably the first one that doesnt likes waze......you did ask for a fix......i had the same issue with mine on non-rooted and rooted devices and thats the reason why i use waze, it gets the job done better then the main navi app. but it might be a faulty equipment, get it swapped but note that it will be a refurbished device

+1 for Waze

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

siskiou

May 22, 2011
I'm still on 4.3 and have problems with GPS locking on. Phone also gets very hot, when using a navigation app.

dragonsamus

I'm still on 4.3 and have problems with GPS locking on. Phone also gets very hot, when using a navigation app.

I'm on DarthStalker v6 4.3 and I've been having GPS issues. Try downloading the app GPS status and running it. Every now and then I'll use it and it gets a lock on the satellites quickly.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yesterday mine wouldnt work at all. today it was really choppy..meaning the blue arrow jumped while driving instead of moving with me. denton, texas

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app