[Q] Are Certificates "safe" on Galaxy Tab 2 ?

Search This thread

libove

Jan 25, 2007
Barcelona
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5T
I'm running Cyanogenmod 11 nightlies on my Galaxy Tab 2 (7"), Android 4.4.4-based. I'm thinking about importing an authentication Certificate including the Private Key (used, for example, to authenticate myself to transact business with the local government's websites) into the Android certificate store (Settings -> Security -> Install from SD card).
But, how are these imported Certificates' PRIVATE KEYS protected? Could an app on the device read the private key, or does the Galaxy Tab 2 hardware have a hardware-backed keystore which is write-only by software, and which has crypto-hardware to perform signing activities using the hardware-stored private keys (so that the private key can never be read back out again)?
And, how can I set a password-on-use for Certificates with Private Keys stored in the keystore, like I can set on Windows/ IE/ Chrome browser, so that every time anything tries to use an imported Certificate's Private Key to sign anything, I must first enter a password before the software/app can really use the Private Key?
thanks,