Screen protector

Search This thread

Victor_Sp

Feb 6, 2012
I`ve got some technical questions: does anybody know about specifications of sony`s scratch resistat glass?
I mean it absolute hardness (or Mohs hardness) and does it have any oleophobic coating?

Overdose1986

Jan 23, 2012
I`ve got some technical questions: does anybody know about specifications of sony`s scratch resistat glass?
I mean it absolute hardness (or Mohs hardness) and does it have any oleophobic coating?

Yes it have oleophobic coat, and works better than "Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Optics]" oleophobic protector, I got one and is useless on xperia arc, just dont need it

Tarzan-

Account currently disabled
Mar 22, 2012
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
Factory Screen Protector is nothing but extra-thin... Try extra-thick.
It's 3 times thicker than a normal screen protector and it gets greasy from fingertips way too fast. I removed it after a week and applied a matte screen protector I got from eBay. Screen brightness is reduced but no more finger marks on the screen. A clear one should be perfect.

Could you please tell me which one in particular you bought or was it just a generic one from China ? I bought a few but they were rubbish.

Sent from my LT18i using XDA

TheHaso

Feb 18, 2012
yes that is true..

once u remove the top film..
look carefully..
factory fitted screen protector is on the screen..

also there is an extra protector amongst the warranty card and papers

Yes, mine had already a screen protector installed. An theres an extra in the box.
And there was a really leathercase.

There can be regional differences of course (some parts of Europe get a 16GB SDHC and a leather case...), but supposedly the protector is extremely hard to see. It was the same with the X10, and most people didn't even realize there was a protector installed and put another one right over it.

Just noticed it had a protector already installed. I installed the one that came in the box, so I now have to protectors on the screen lol.

Clarivue recently released protectors for the Arc. Cant post a link cuz I'm new here!

I like their anti glare protectors, because fingerprint marks are not as visible - which is very important for me for a touch screen device.

Although they are a little more expensive, you get two in a pack. You can use coupon clear630 and get 10% off. If your ordering 3 or more items you get another 10% off.

I got my Arc 3 days after it came out in Dubai, checked clarivue that day they didn't have them for the Arc, so I ordered anti-glare protectors from eBay. I checked clarivue again yesterday and they had them.

lol i also didnt notice thrs a preinstalled sp on the screen thus applied the extra sp.. now i have double protection!!! lol...

The pre-installed film, aint it the shatter-protection ? :S :S

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Dropped mine without the shutter screen two times, well one time a girl dropped it (grrr) and the screen is fine :)

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

deadman3000

May 27, 2006
Screen protectors on this phone are a waste of time unless you are a builder. The screen is anti-scratch anyhow and oleophobic (resistant to fingerprints). I had one on for a couple of days and took it off. Much better! More sensitive and if your fingers are not sweaty I hardly see any finger smudges. Also it's a LOT easier to clean with a glasses cleaning cloth.

Also I keep mine in a soft case anyhow in my pocket so that helps protect it. Plus I have it on a neck lanyard for those butterfinger moments ;)

Reactions: alfiemenace

Marcell96

Apr 26, 2011
Helmond
The Arc S should have scratch resistant screen,
naamloosil.png

I don't know if a screenprotector is really needed?

I am using Amzer Matte Finish Screen Protector

I am using Amzer Matte Finish Screen Protector on my Arc S.I never noticed any touch sensitivity issues.The thing which i admire most is the smoothness, Anti Finger Print, Anti Glare and Dust repelling too.It provides easy to use skins while reducing the glare, easily usable all the times while keeping it protected.It held up after undertaking keys, scratches and other small mishaps and still worked perfectly even if it did show some very minor damage.It is much easier to view either in the fluorescent lighting of the office or just outside in a bright, sunny day.
It Reduces 90% of UV Rays Caused by Reflected Light, Protecting your Eyes. Easy to remove without any adhesive or marks. Smudge repellant, will not leave oily marks from fingers. Bubble-free application.

Last edited:
Reactions: dr_athul

Naphtali

Apr 28, 2012
I'm using SGP Ultra Fine. And so far, there's no problem. ^^ It has good quality and when I bought it, I got two. ^^ It has anti fingerprint and anti glare feature. Also, the sensitivity on my Arc S is still good. ^^

Bought it on e-bay.

mr_torture

Feb 6, 2011
Sarajevo
graphicriver.net
Accidentaly, I just discovered "stock" screen protector already fitted to my arc S, after I took a closer look on screen edge, and now I realize that I have a double protection... As paranoid as I am, I thought that somehow I bought "used" phone, and then I found few topics here already mentioning this... :laugh:

Thumbs up to SONY for this... :good:

alfiemenace

Apr 20, 2011
Accidentaly, I just discovered "stock" screen protector already fitted to my arc S, after I took a closer look on screen edge, and now I realize that I have a double protection... As paranoid as I am, I thought that somehow I bought "used" phone, and then I found few topics here already mentioning this... :laugh:

Thumbs up to SONY for this... :good:

That stock screen protector is good, though it's super thick. I've had a hard time removing it

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

mr_torture

Feb 6, 2011
Sarajevo
graphicriver.net
Yeah, I see it's super thick, and super precisely and strongly applied... I tried to un-stick its edge with my nails, just to check can I do it, and I failed every time. Well, I'm not sure why would anyone want to remove it anyway... I'm thinking about removing the one I applied over it. :cool:

alfiemenace

Apr 20, 2011
Yeah, I see it's super thick, and super precisely and strongly applied... I tried to un-stick its edge with my nails, just to check can I do it, and I failed every time. Well, I'm not sure why would anyone want to remove it anyway... I'm thinking about removing the one I applied over it. :cool:

I removed it because it got scratched. :| don't want to put two protectors at the same time for i believe it has an effective on touch responsiveness

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

issak42

Nov 20, 2010
get it on dealextreme.com or dx.com, look for either x10 or lt15 or lt18 or xperia..., they all fit. And theyre cheap. Order two or sth, so when you screw up the first one, you have another one to use :)

tonylcc

Sep 10, 2012
So sad, I bought a $25 screen protector for my lovely Arc S, but it damaged:banghead::(:banghead:
And now no more money to buy screen protector:screwy:
Sent from my LT18 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

mr_torture

Feb 6, 2011
Sarajevo
graphicriver.net
So sad, I bought a $25 screen protector for my lovely Arc S, but it damaged:banghead::(:banghead:
And now no more money to buy screen protector:screwy:
Sent from my LT18 using xda app-developers app

25 dollars for a protector? :eek:
I would never pay such price for a (single?) screen protector. I'm always bying screen protectors in packs of 3, 6, etc... Ofcourse I'm not bying the cheapest crap, but you can find decent protectors for reasonable price. eBay is full of them, and I'm always having myself prepared after bying a new phone. Now, I'm having 6 protectors in reserve, when current one gets scratched.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found one in the box but my eyes aren't good enough to see if theres one on already :-B I assume there is

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

You will see a very small line just inside the edge of the screen itself going all the way around. I can guarantee you already have one already installed ;)

If in doubt use a magnifying glass.
    the stock one on the arc already i thik is reasonably good, i use to have some anti fingerprint protectors for iphone 3gs/4! anyone seen anything like that? ebay HAD some and the rest are standard and possibly poor quality :(

SGP has some nice anti fingerprint screen protectors:

http://www.sgpstore.com/
    does Xperia ARC S (LT18i) also come with screen protector already applied?

and btw does it come with one extra protector and leather case?

shouldn't digitizer be over screen so if you scratch "screen" you actually scratch digitizer, which is more expensive than screen protector, but much cheaper than screen itself?

Yes.
    In my retail package don't came with any extra protector :(
    Yes as it has 1 on, but no extra one?

Sent from my X8 using XDA App

Yup!
    No extra protector :(

Sent from my LT18a using Tapatalk
    Screen protectors on this phone are a waste of time unless you are a builder. The screen is anti-scratch anyhow and oleophobic (resistant to fingerprints). I had one on for a couple of days and took it off. Much better! More sensitive and if your fingers are not sweaty I hardly see any finger smudges. Also it's a LOT easier to clean with a glasses cleaning cloth.

Also I keep mine in a soft case anyhow in my pocket so that helps protect it. Plus I have it on a neck lanyard for those butterfinger moments ;)