[Q] Using Verizon Moto X on ATT network

Search This thread

mailxd

Aug 3, 2012
Hi,

I notice that while using Verizon Moto X on ATT network, the battery status view shows mobile network signal as "yellow" most of the time. The mobile network is set to "global" or "gsm" to make the ATT sim work.

With similar software setup, I see longer battery life on ATT Moto X on ATT network with LTE, compared to Verizon Moto X on ATT network with HSPA.

Is this expected ? Anything doable to improve battery life of Verizon Moto X on ATT network ?

Thanks.

mailxd

Aug 3, 2012
Yup, sell the VZW Moto X and buy an ATT or TMo version. Why do you think the version specific to the carrier gets better battery life than one which only works somewhat?

I thought the Verizon Moto X should have similar battery life with ATT, even when used on ATT network. If anybody has experience to verify/deny this, please kindly let me know (so I can check whether it is my software setting being the culpit).

Thanks.

cgalyon

Jul 19, 2009
I would be curious if this could be improved with tweaking the software (e.g.,APN settings). I expected there may be problems using the Verizon model on T-Mobile because (until refarmed) the T-Mobile bands are a little unusual (like 1900MHz for HSPA). Thought that at&t used pretty standard GSM bands, though, and would be compatible with the radio in the Verizon model. Hopefully someone with good knowledge in this can comment to clarify.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium HD app