[Q] xml problem

Search This thread

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
hey guys i want to edit twstatusbar.xml with notepad++ but every time I open the file i just get this weird wording or lettering is something wrong?

Note this also happens with other xml files too!

here is a screenshot:

View attachment 2792773

You have to de-compile the apk first, then you can edit it in plain text; then you must re-compile the apk.

Reactions: JT1510365

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
White Lake
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Inspire 4G
You have to de-compile the apk first, then you can edit it in plain text; then you must re-compile the apk.

okay i have been having trouble at getting apktool setup on my computer. i have looked at all the guides but still can't get it to work!

would you be so kind as to help me set it up on my computer via this messaging way?

also I want to edit .9 pngs and how would i do that properly?

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
okay i have been having trouble at getting apktool setup on my computer. i have looked at all the guides but still can't get it to work!

would you be so kind as to help me set it up on my computer via this messaging way?

also I want to edit .9 pngs and how would i do that properly?

also do i need the java sdk for apktool because everytime I download from the java website and try to install it it says that its not a valid file

Any of the toolkits for de-compiling apks should work fine. I still use a very old one (APK Manager 5.0.2). I just update the apktool, baksmali, and smali jar files when an updated version is released.

You will need java installed, but I don't think you need the entire sdk.

As for editing .9 pngs...you have to make sure that you don't change the 1 pixel border around the outer edge of the image.

JT1510365

Jan 7, 2014
White Lake
HTC Thunderbolt
HTC Inspire 4G
now what

Any of the toolkits for de-compiling apks should work fine. I still use a very old one (APK Manager 5.0.2). I just update the apktool, baksmali, and smali jar files when an updated version is released.

You will need java installed, but I don't think you need the entire sdk.

As for editing .9 pngs...you have to make sure that you don't change the 1 pixel border around the outer edge of the image.

okay where do i go to download the tool and those files like backsmali?

Also I heard you can't decompile systemui.apk unless you put your devices framework-res.apk in the apktool folder, where would that go?

thanks for your help!

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA

Top Liked Posts