[Q] Samsung Galaxy s2 no signs of life

Search This thread

ermalst

Jun 15, 2014
hi, i need help i was charging my galaxy s2 while playing a game(dream league soccer) and when my phone turned off. I thought its going to turn back on but it didnt it could never go past the samsung logo and it was always doing the same so i freaked out i pulled the battery off and put it back on but it kept doing the same thing. Now its turned off completley and it shows no sings of life whenever i want to charge it just over heats and it does not show the battery icon. I was running 4.1.2 jelly bean. I tried to go on recovery mode but no succses. Please help.:crying:

Sun90

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 1, 2011
MYSORE - KARNATAKA - INDIA
hi, i need help i was charging my galaxy s2 while playing a game(dream league soccer) and when my phone turned off. I thought its going to turn back on but it didnt it could never go past the samsung logo and it was always doing the same so i freaked out i pulled the battery off and put it back on but it kept doing the same thing. Now its turned off completley and it shows no sings of life whenever i want to charge it just over heats and it does not show the battery icon. I was running 4.1.2 jelly bean. I tried to go on recovery mode but no succses. Please help.:crying:

Dont panic, Just see if u can put it into 'Download Mode' (vol down + pwr + home button combo) .

If it sees dwnld mode then u can 'Odin' flash a Stock rom and see :)

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
^^^
Yeah. Like a phone in that condition is going to boot into download mode magically :rolleyes: You've been here long enough & seen enough of these to know there's only one fix for 99.9999% of them (& this one is not one of the 0.0001%).

OP - one/more components on motherboard dead = replace motherboard - Samsung service centre for new board (expensive option), source 2nd hand board yourself online (Google search) & either swap yourself or pay local mobile repair shop to do the swap (cheaper option).

Anything else anyone tells you is just giving you false hope where there isn't any (and I really wish people wouldn't do that on here; why not just be honest with people from the getgo ?).

marvin79

Jun 18, 2014
post above correct. but some things you can try.
1). Remove battery. hold combination for download mode (volume down + home button + power button). when you hold, slide battery back in place. you need some fine motors or someone to help. keep holding the keys. see if it goes to download.
2). Use Jig. No hurt trying
hope help