Check your AT&T stores - selling tomorrow!?

Search This thread

Nov 7, 2011
The Galaxy S III is just around the corner. Why pick up the One X early instead of seeing what Samsung has produced?
Some of us (including me) have just finished a two year contract and are in need of a good phone. Why wait until late 2012 for the release if even 2012 when you can get an HTC flagship now? Since we already know the SGSIII won't be sporting a quad core and will most likely have the S4, it won't be worth the wait because the One X has the S4. Also, I'm just a big HTC fan in general and I'm not a big fan of Samsung's build quality. It's only being announced on May 3rd, not released.

expertzero1

Sep 28, 2011
So Cal, California
The Galaxy S III is just around the corner. Why pick up the One X early instead of seeing what Samsung has produced?

Integrated LTE Chip?

I like sense better than touchwiz HAH....

Quadcore exynox from last years dual core exynos. A9 while the s4 is a modified A15. 1280x720 screens? SLCD2 > super amoled from many reviews.

Touchwiz is too cartoonish (vioalas) lol, but its going to be touchwiz 5 for the sgs3.

and why wait a few months when there is a good phone comming out? By the time its out in the states, the next nexus is out 2 months or so after the release of the galaxy s3

Reactions: vioalas

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
expertzero1 said it right, and OEMs all have a certain "look" just how the HOX is undeniably HTC design, the GSIII will resemble other Samsungs, and I prefer HTC design.

vinuneuro

Apr 29, 2012
Chicago
Some of us (including me) have just finished a two year contract and are in need of a good phone. Why wait until late 2012 for the release if even 2012 when you can get an HTC flagship now? Since we already know the SGSIII won't be sporting a quad core and will most likely have the S4, it won't be worth the wait because the One X has the S4. Also, I'm just a big HTC fan in general and I'm not a big fan of Samsung's build quality. It's only being announced on May 3rd, not released.

I hadn't considered that. May 3rd announce wouldn't result in a summer release? This will be my first smartphone, haven't been on contract for a few years. Sense 4.0 and car mode do look great in the One's.

Nov 7, 2011
Integrated LTE Chip?

Quadcore exynox from last years dual core exynos. A9 while the s4 is a modified A15. 1280x720 screens? SLCD2 > super amoled from many reviews.

Touchwiz is too cartoonish (vioalas) lol, but its going to be touchwiz 5 for the sgs3.

and why wait a few months when there is a good phone comming out? By the time its out in the states, the next nexus is out 2 months or so after the release of the galaxy s3

Sir, you have listed the majority of the reasons why i prefer HTC and the One X!!

I hadn't considered that. May 3rd announce wouldn't result in a summer release? This will be my first smartphone, haven't been on contract for a few years. Sense 4.0 and car mode do look great in the One's.

It could, but me not waiting!!! :). Yes they do but those are not even the best parts of it either lol. Well.... Sense 4.0 could be one of them..

amswak

Jul 23, 2010
Los Angeles
I hadn't considered that. May 3rd announce wouldn't result in a summer release? .

We usually dont get the phones with an on-contract purchase price until several months after it comes out over-seas. My bet is closer to July/August for the stateside release of the S3. We also don't yet know which carriers will have it.

Plus, I have had several Sammy phones in a row - great phones, but sick of their slow software updates. My wife's HTC Sensation was on 2.3 almost a year before the Captivate. Giving HTC a go this time.

expertzero1

Sep 28, 2011
So Cal, California
We usually dont get the phones with an on-contract purchase price until several months after it comes out over-seas. My bet is closer to July/August for the stateside release of the S3. We also don't yet know which carriers will have it.

Plus, I have had several Sammy phones in a row - great phones, but sick of their slow software updates. My wife's HTC Sensation was on 2.3 almost a year before the Captivate. Giving HTC a go this time.

yeah htc will probably pump out faster updates. for example ice cream sandwhich for most of its devices 1-3 months earlier than samsung.

R

Red5

Haha yeah i think my store also follow the rules. I also pre ordered mine but through Amazon Wireless to save so major dough because I live in CA. Supposed to get it on the 9th :(. I hope I get it earlier though, but who doesn't lol. I can't stop thinking about this thing!! I probably shouldn't have gone and played with it today because it just makes me so much more impatient..
What dough did you save? Im also in California and I just pre-ordered mine and only paid $199 out the door. I didnt have to pay tax or an upgrade fee, just the 199. I also get it the 4th. Im not sure why you chose to wait 5 more days...

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl

The captivate and GSII both came out on AT&T around November-ish time. So it doesn't look promising, and assuming they do a global release, the US would still be a few weeks behind. So late July would be lucky.

Edit:Captivate came out around July, oops. haha.

Last edited:
R

Red5

The captivate and GSII both came out on AT&T around November-ish time. So it doesn't look promising, and assuming they do a global release, the US would still be a few weeks behind. So late July would be lucky.
The Gs3 will be out this summer, trust me. ;)
Dosent matter though, the top 2 phones of the year will be the HOX and the GS3... so if we have one of the top two phones, then great! :D

Nov 7, 2011
What dough did you save? Im also in California and I just pre-ordered mine and only paid $199 out the door. I didnt have to pay tax or an upgrade fee, just the 199. I also get it the 4th. Im not sure why you chose to wait 5 more days...
Did you? I was under the impression that I would have to pay tax on the full retail price of the One X... Well I did save $50 though. Amazon Wireless offered it at $150 plus a couple of complimentary apps that are usually around $5-$10 on the Play Store. Don't know if it was worth 5 days though... probably not :(

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
The captivate came out in July.

July!? Where the Hell was I? Thanks for correcting me, lol.

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

The Gs3 will be out this summer, trust me. ;)
Dosent matter though, the top 2 phones of the year will be the HOX and the GS3... so if we have one of the top two phones, then great! :D

Have some inside info??

I'm sure, I'll be very happy with my HOX.

vinuneuro

Apr 29, 2012
Chicago
I'm taking over a family member's unlimited iPhone plan. Is there any way to do it through Amazon and keep it? Once in the cart, Amazon makes makes you choose one of the current 3gb or 5gb offerings to proceed.

BBock9

Feb 27, 2011
Checked out two stores in my area, the first asked me if I wanted to preorder and at the second I thought I had struck gold. The rep I was talking to said they just got them in...then someone next to them stepped in and said they would be available on the 6th. Soooo close :(

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Integrated LTE Chip?

Flower Mound store, but the manager was a jerk about it. I got all the way to check out and he stepped in and pulled the deal back.....bummer, now I need to wait like everyone else for Friday to come...

Can't call him a jerk for doing his job. If he has x amount of phones in stock
    for the release date thats when they should be sold, on the release date.