[APP][MOD] Latest Google Wallet 1.5 R79 v5 for AOSP/Sense

Search This thread

b-reezy

Nov 4, 2010
u6ujy4yd.jpg

Here's a modded version of the latest Google Wallet for those of you getting the "Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile carrier." The device check is removed.

You will still see unsupported device on rooted devices, but it works perfect.

It will work on any aosp Rom. (Cm10, aokp, paranoid android, codefire x, etc.) Or any sense ROM.

Remove any previous versions of Google Wallet before.

Push apk to /system/app/ and change permissions to rw-r--r--

Download: http://db.tt/rWF3q7NI

Edit:

Here's a flashable zip thanks to kaos420: https://www.dropbox.com/s/usx877gnoxdrytw/latest-Patched.Wallet.Deodexed.zip

Be sure to thank him for making lives easier lol.

Last edited:

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
You guys are gutsy installing a modified app that deals with your credit cards. Is it really worth risking your information being stolen just to remove a small message?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yes when it doesn't work on the device. This makes it work. All that is modified is the device check check silly.

Sent from my Cm10 powered Evo Lte!!

b-reezy

Nov 4, 2010
Yes when it doesn't work on the device. This makes it work. All that is modified is the device check check silly.

Sent from my Cm10 powered Evo Lte!!

I created an algorithm to manipulate wallet into depositing your transactions into my account ;P so keep spending guys! Lol

You guys are gutsy installing a modified app that deals with your credit cards. Is it really worth risking your information being stolen just to remove a small message?

Unmodified: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31187814

On a serious note, all that was modified is the device/carrier check. Stock unmodified wallet does not work at all on most aosp and some custom sense ROMs due to build.prop changes and other factors. The message you're referring to is the message of 'unsupported device' from being rooted. You're correct, that does not affect usage.

Last edited:

94tbird

Jun 19, 2007
That is false. It is only a message. Google does not disable anything.

you sir have no idea what your talking about.

The unsupported device message at the top of the google wallet screen on rooted devices is NOT what we are needing the modified wallet for.

On AOSP the build prop is so different, Google wallet doesnt recognize the device as a supported model, so when you launch wallet, it states not supported and immediately closes the application.

Now you have been educated.

NissanNick

Jun 12, 2011
Loaded it up but it will not add my card? Just loads and loads...

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Robisgnarly

Dec 20, 2011
Midland
i have the apk in the system/app folder and permissions set to rw-r--r-- but when i go to install it, X app not installed?

Robisgnarly

Dec 20, 2011
Midland
I know on mine I had to put the apk in system/app and data/app to get it running.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

tried that just now and still telling me app not installed

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

NVM apparently i just went retarded for a moment...... just had to restart phone and it installs itself...... sorry.... TY

nerfman100

Jan 11, 2012
I just installed this on my Nexus 7 coming from an older version. When I use this, it says it's not available on my country, no mention of carrier as usual. Please help. :(

X2loA.png

94tbird

Jun 19, 2007
i have the apk in the system/app folder and permissions set to rw-r--r-- but when i go to install it, X app not installed?

thats because you dont install it. place it in the directory, set permisisons and reboot. like magic it appears in your app drawer

I can confirm it adds cards other than the google prepaid card. ive got 2 linked

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
I just installed this on my Nexus 7 coming from an older version. When I use this, it says it's not available on my country, no mention of carrier as usual. Please help. :(

X2loA.png

You probably had the "modaco" version which also removed the country check as well as the carrier/device and other checks. I haven't bothered to look and see if the modaco version has been updated but sounds like you may need to wait for it unless someone wants to strip more from here...

Reactions: nerfman100

Top Liked Posts