[Q] Backing up user dictionary before flashing?

Search This thread

THE festivedonkey

Jan 23, 2011
Hi,

I have searched for the answer but can not seem to find anyone that has asked this previously, so here goes.

Is there a way to back up my user dictionary before I flash a new rom so that I don't have to start with a blank dictionary every time I flash?

I flash new roms frequently and this would be very very very helpful for me!!! :)

THE festivedonkey

Jan 23, 2011
Wrong section. You should know, considering that you flash a lot of roms.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App
Sorry, I just figured that this would be the best place to ask the question considering the fact that the people who view this thread have probably had the same problem at some point since it is extremely annoying to start the dictionary over every time. I apologize for a wrongly placed post. I am pretty new, and will know better next time.

jayson94538

Mar 11, 2009
Fremont, CA
Sorry, I just figured that this would be the best place to ask the question considering the fact that the people who view this thread have probably had the same problem at some point since it is extremely annoying to start the dictionary over every time. I apologize for a wrongly placed post. I am pretty new, and will know better next time.

Yeah it happens a lot here and people will start bashing on you lol.

Anyways, I always use titanium backup. Any app will give you a force close if you restore incorrectly. For example, if switching over to a different rom like from froyo to gingerbread, it's usually best to start fresh by restoring the app without data. But if you're just updating, you don't need to do anything.

I experienced a lot of force closes when i went from infused 2.2.3 to MIUI. So I had to start fresh.

THE festivedonkey

Jan 23, 2011
Yeah it happens a lot here and people will start bashing on you lol.

Anyways, I always use titanium backup. Any app will give you a force close if you restore incorrectly. For example, if switching over to a different rom like from froyo to gingerbread, it's usually best to start fresh by restoring the app without data. But if you're just updating, you don't need to do anything.

I experienced a lot of force closes when i went from infused 2.2.3 to MIUI. So I had to start fresh.

Yea I guess it isn't really a "development" question, but I figured the people in here would be able to help me best. I mean it could have been worse... at least I didn't ask something like "how do you adjust the brightness, the screen really hurts my eyes!" or something like that haha

I am just wanting to switch from MIUI to CM7 right now, so hopefully there wont be any FC problems on this one

MehruNisa

Nov 30, 2013
Edit = Titanium backup worked ... but I had to backup samsung keyboard and then restore only data
---------------------------------------------
For me "user dictionary backup" and titanium ... both wont work,
It just learns from facebook and gmail.
If anyone have solution to this ... kindly message me,
I need to backup my learned words.
Samsung Note 2 N7100

Last edited: