Weird charge current

Search This thread

sackynuts

Apr 13, 2010
Copenhagen
Hello guys,

I have a annoying problem with my beloved 9505. The charge current changes each time i plug the charger in and out. I've tried with the stock cable and with my n10 cable. I have to plug it in and out until it hits 1200 mah (the highest I can get) - i were able to hit 1900 some time ago (after switching from the n10 cable to the stock), but then i began to act up, like the n10 cable did.. and now it's really annoying! Is it a defect charger port? Maybe it needs a cleaning? I wasn't able to find any info on others with this issue.

Last edited:

qtwrk

Sep 9, 2011
Barcelona
Did you flash any kernel? And by the way, as far as I know, it only up to 1200 when screen is on, and 1900 when screen is off

Breach1337

Jul 12, 2013
Brussels
Hello guys,

I have a annoying problem with my beloved 9505. The charge current changes each time i plug the charger in and out. I've tried with the stock cable and with my n10 cable. I have to plug it in and out until it hits 1200 mah (the highest I can get) - i were able to hit 1900 some time ago (after switching from the n10 cable to the stock), but then i began to act up, like the n10 cable did.. and now it's really annoying! Is it a defect charger port? Maybe it needs a cleaning? I wasn't able to find any info on others with this issue.

On the OEM charger you should be seeing 1200mA with the screen on and 1900mA when the phone has just come out out of sleep.

My S4 has so far burnt through 3 USB cables (yes, there's such a thing). If you're seeing weird values such as 760 mA etc try with another cable.

qtwrk

Sep 9, 2011
Barcelona
Actually it's kinda weird, you see, I have 2 Samsung cables, one from my older s3 and one from the current s4.

If I plug s3 cable into s4 charger, it never reaches such high current...

Perhaps some trick on the cable?

sackynuts

Apr 13, 2010
Copenhagen
Hello again guys,

I am using the "[ROM]KOT49H【4.4.2】Google Play Edition" ROM which uses Ktoonsez kernel. The kernel has various charge-settings (including fast charge). None of them affects my charging current. I already tried a new cable - the original.. My n10 cable stopped working. The cable is acting fine again, but had a weird period, which led me to start this post :p

Maybe I should try another kernel, although i wrote in the thread and asked if others had experienced issues with the current, but nobody replied, so i'm gussing that it's not a issue.

Maybe it's the charger port that needs cleaning? Could that be possible?