Corrupted userdata partition

Search This thread

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
Basically, my userdata partition keeps getting corrupted every couple of flashes. I have to factory flash to get everything working again. It just started happening recently(A few hours ago). What is going on? Thanks!

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
While flashing the stock images make sure you have also Erased cache partition and formatted it using stock recovery.. I was exactly in the same spot as you were few weeks ago and a cache partition format solved it completely!

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
I had the same problem as you. I used this guide and now it works great. Just follow the steps. Good luck.

I can actually confirm that it is an issue with ParanoidAndroid. It always corrupts the data partition following boot. I repeated it with continued success.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
I can actually confirm that it is an issue with ParanoidAndroid. It always corrupts the data partition following boot. I repeated it with continued success.

You're the only one saying such things. If there was a problem with the ROM we would have heard it from others and the team would see the same issues.

The ROM ships with stock Google kernel. The ROM doesn't do anything in itself that could corrupt your userdata

Sent from my Nexus 5

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
You're the only one saying such things. If there was a problem with the ROM we would have heard it from others and the team would see the same issues.

The ROM ships with stock Google kernel. The ROM doesn't do anything in itself that could corrupt your userdata

Sent from my Nexus 5

I've come to the conclusion, after 4(!) factory images, that the ROM DEFINITELY corrupts the recovery. I have a 100% success(failure?) rate when flashing PA. Clean md5, after first boot the ROM functions properly, but recovery fails to mount the userdata partition, every time. Flash a new recovery, or adb shell and attempt to repair don't work. I understand that it doesn't make sense, but it's obviously something that's happening with the ROM. After 4 factory images, the only other factors are the recovery(PhilZ, TWRP, AND CWM all fail) being borked from the start, or the ROM. It's obviously not the recovery(all 3 have clean md5s, are transferred with adb push, and function perfectly otherwise).....

Again, in the ROM I can r/w to the /data, so the partition is fine, but the ROM borks the recovery.

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
But there is nothing in the ROM that would cause that. Are you restoring anything from previous versions? Are you installing an app that does this?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
But there is nothing in the ROM that would cause that. Are you restoring anything from previous versions? Are you installing an app that does this?

Sent from my Nexus 5

No and no. I don't even install Gapps. The ROM alone still triggers it. I just boot into system then boot to recovery.

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
This sounds like you have a hardware issue. Did it do this on stock image with custom recovery?

Sent from my Nexus 5

No. I can flash different ROMs, kernels, etc. Just not PA. The only thing of note was that my stock backup bootlooped when restoring with TWRP, but other than that no.

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
Nevermind, I just flashed liquidsmooth+Elementalx with PhilZ and it happened again. So what exactly is going on?

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
I just called Google. RMA is inbound. It just kind of sucks, this phone was solid. No light bleed, no dead pixels, etc. Except for a loose power button.

Anyway I think it is definately a hardware issue, as my phone has been getting crazy hot lately. I know it's supposed to get hot, but this phone was scorching...Might have fried something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you not able to repair the corrupted partition as explained in the linked thread?

Sent from my Nexus 5