[Q] Xperia L Gallery Missing

Search This thread

Mr.BUBU

Oct 14, 2013
Hi!!

Suddenly the Gallery app was missing. Not only the icon, the app.
I was checking, and it´s probably that Some Clean Program has erased it.
Now is only the Album App on it.
I couldn´t find the apk to reinstall. Found some, but all with spam... so there were modificated...

Is there anyway to reinstall without the factory reset?

Thanks!!

StillBrilliant

Apr 12, 2014
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6a
Hi!!

Suddenly the Gallery app was missing. Not only the icon, the app.
I was checking, and it´s probably that Some Clean Program has erased it.
Now is only the Album App on it.
I couldn´t find the apk to reinstall. Found some, but all with spam... so there were modificated...

Is there anyway to reinstall without the factory reset?

Thanks!!

Factory reset won't help. On what ROM/firmware are you?

Mr.BUBU

Oct 14, 2013
Android: 4.2.2
Compilación: 15.3.A.1.14

Not rooted. Not flashed. Only stock.

Thanks.

StillBrilliant

Apr 12, 2014
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6a
Then you can't have removed a system app. You could only have turned it off. Go to Settings > Apps > All > scroll down to the bottom of that list and then you see all the apps that are disabled (if any) and then you can restore them.

But I don't think there's a gallery app in stock sony firmware, because the Album app replaces it.

Mr.BUBU

Oct 14, 2013
Then you can't have removed a system app. You could only have turned it off. Go to Settings > Apps > All > scroll down to the bottom of that list and then you see all the apps that are disabled (if any) and then you can restore them.

But I don't think there's a gallery app in stock sony firmware, because the Album app replaces it.

I did that... and now again. Only disabled some G+, wich is showing as disabled correctly.
But Gallery is not there.

And Gallery came with stock... maybe in it was installed for any reason. When I bought the cell, came with Android 4.1. Then update by it self.
Could be in a new firmware / update, the Gallery was deleted?

abhi007.john

Feb 20, 2014
New Delhi
As far as I know, there's no app named GALLERY in Xperia L. The default app is named Album. So look for Album and not Gallery in the application list.
Also you're not rooted so its not possible that the app was deleted. You should search for app called Album and clear its cache and data. Hope this works

Also, in this case I believe factory reset will work.

StillBrilliant

Apr 12, 2014
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6a
I did that... and now again. Only disabled some G+, wich is showing as disabled correctly.
But Gallery is not there.

And Gallery came with stock... maybe in it was installed for any reason. When I bought the cell, came with Android 4.1. Then update by it self.
Could be in a new firmware / update, the Gallery was deleted?
Google Plus has a gallery-like app bundled within. Try enabling that app and then update it to the latest version. You can also disable it again later ;)

Mr.BUBU

Oct 14, 2013
Well, I have checked again as you recommend, and still can´t find the gallery app.

Also I enabled G+, but the icon Gallery is still missing...
But! always there is a But... I checked the G+ Photo Gallery, and looks pretty similar... is not the same, but very similar.
And in that moment, I remembered with gallery, there was some config to upload / syncronize with G+
So probably the G+ has changed, Or when I disabled G+ something stop and never came back again.

Some things are a mistery too. Maybe this is one of them. :eek: