Flashing using MicroSD Card

Search This thread

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Lots of other files and dirs on the card? Ooh I hope that's true. I'd love to carry a few radios around on a card with me to test when I end up in different areas. Flashing with other stuff on the card didn't mess up the rest of the files on the card or anything?

Works great for me.

I haven't had any issues. Able to flash ROM's / Radio's on the fly :)

Also flashing from a MicroSD card is a lot safer than flashing from a PC :)

Last edited:

phoboss1

Feb 23, 2008

For those of you having problems with SD card upgrading method:

- It does not work with Kingston 1Gb cards, get another MicroSD card brand.
- Card should be formatted FAT32 and allocation unit size should be 512 bytes.

Will the kingston 2 gig card work ... or are all kingston's cards a no go ?

phoboss1

Feb 23, 2008
How Long ???

Ok, so i have finally got the phone to see the IMG on the SD card.
So how long dose it take to get passed the loading screen?
How much time should i give it? :eek:

taiseer999

Jan 3, 2005
Need to know if all devices have the file "KAISIMG.nbh" getting deleted after the flashing process??

phoboss1

Feb 23, 2008

Need to know if all devices have the file "KAISIMG.nbh" getting deleted after the flashing process??

[/QUOTE]
This will work with any card that's formatted with FAT32. It doesn't need to be blank or freshly formatted. Flashing won't affect (or be affected by) the other data that's on the card.[/QUOTE]

??

svilendotorg

Apr 28, 2007
Actually, it DOESN'T WORK with every card, and no, flashing doesn't delete any data on the memory card, including KAISIMG.nbh...

Bacco

Apr 18, 2006
NYC
Actually, it DOESN'T WORK with every card, and no, flashing doesn't delete any data on the memory card, including KAISIMG.nbh...

Absolutely correct, it doesn't work on everything SD card. It doesn't work on a Sandisk 2Gig card I have. I formated the card both in XP and WM6.1, in each instance WM sees everything on the card, but I still get an error message that no image file is found.

sexylatin1

Feb 17, 2008
frankfort ny 13340
flashing using sd micro card

this step by step flashing does work great i have flashed using this about 7 times with many roms and it has never faild me. thanks to alltheway for showing me and taking the time to work with me i have learned a lot.so just follow the the first post that has the instructions and you will be fine.i have a 8925 tilt and all is great.dont forget if ya like what your doing dont forget to send then some lunch or a soda...lol......

DVS_WiNdz

Sep 22, 2007
Is the same method used to flash ROM's and Radios?
If not how do I flash a radio, I never flashed a Radio using SD card before.

MarcinPietrzak

Mar 25, 2008
I was trying everything :-(
I can't restore oryginal ROM.
I have colors with:
KAIS130
SPL-1.93.0000
CPLD-8

I put microCD with KAISIMG.nbh and i have Loading all the time.
I was trying another ROM and I have Loading, then checking and 00028002
not allow at the and and HTC is restarting.
Any idea how to restore oryginal ROM?

cds3748

Mar 19, 2008
Stuck with black screen after powering on.

I loaded 6.1 on my MicroSD and entered bootloader. I get the tri-color screen but the info is not there. File image not found. it simply says:

Security Unlocked
KAIS*0 MFG
SPL-1.0.OliPof
CPLD-8

Serial

Is my phone bricked? Thank you for taking pity on my ignorance. Any further assistance is greatly appreciated.

XtreMe_G

Jan 11, 2007
how many posts do you have to make, i already replied to your other post over an hour ago