i545 Tmobile guys I need some testers

Search This thread

willstilson

Apr 24, 2010
I believe I have both the mk2 bootloader and modem. I've tried switching to different network types and apns, with no luck. I'm not sure about the 700 band thing. I'm considering just selling my i545 on ebay and using the money to buy the tmobile model or international model.

If you're on MK2 modem and Bootloader you should be able to stick a Tmobile sim in there and switch the phone to Global mode. That should get you LTE. I've done it with my sister's totally stock i545. I didn't even need to mess with APN

Feb 16, 2014
If you're on MK2 modem and Bootloader you should be able to stick a Tmobile sim in there and switch the phone to Global mode. That should get you LTE. I've done it with my sister's totally stock i545. I didn't even need to mess with APN

I live in Washington. I went to spokane last weekend and was able to get 4g lte there with my i545 on global mode. But now that I'm back in my hometown I only get edge, I used to get hspa+ here on my old phone.

willstilson

Apr 24, 2010
I live in Washington. I went to spokane last weekend and was able to get 4g lte there with my i545 on global mode. But now that I'm back in my hometown I only get edge, I used to get hspa+ here on my old phone.

That means you're in an area where TMobile has not yet refarmed HSPA+ to the 1900Mhz PCS band. The i545 has access to the AWS (1700Mhz/2100Mhz) spectrum for LTE, but it cannot access it on the PCS side. I believe the HTC One GPe operates the same way. See the article below. TMobile runs HSPA on the AWS spectrum, except in places where it has been refarmed to 1900Mhz.

Essentially, the i545 will only pickup TMobile's HSPA when it's on 1900Mhz. Since their HSPA network is on the AWS band in most places, you won't be able to get onto that network without a capable device. Here in NYC, the HSPA network has been refarmed to their 1900Mhz band, which the i545 is capable of accessing.

http://www.androidcentral.com/why-y...ition-may-not-get-best-data-coverage-t-mobile

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know there are not alot of us around here, but I know of a few guys that are running a Verizon S4 with A T-Mobile SIM card.

I have been running Verizon ROMS and getting 95% functionality. Service is weird, but works most of the time with a few area's that I have to manually go into gsm mode to keep data. BUT I may have found a work around for all of it.

I am running a the i9505 4.4.2 TW ROM GoldenEye, nothing was changed in the ROM to make it work better with Verizon. I posted a thread to let other people know about it here and it is working for some, and it is failing for others with APN problems, but it was/is 100% working for me with no changes to settings at all. I installed, Loki-Dokied, and booted up to 4G automatically running. I got LTE by changing one word in the APN.

SO I need a couple guys who are running a T-Mobile sim in their i545 to test this method for me and see if I just got really lucky or if we have a winner here.

I will put the how to in the next thread.
    ***I take no credit for the work on this ROM or the Loki-Doki fix***
    **I take no responsibility for you phone becoming a paper weight**
    *You preform this at your own risk*
    :highfive:

#1 You must be on the MDK boot loader, radio's don't matter but newer radio's seem to have a more stable connection.
    #2 Do a Nandroid, you can never be to carful
    #3 Do a full clean wipe like your supposed to...
    #4 Flash GOLDENEYE VERSION 24 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2427629 (The ROM)
    DO NOT REBOOT (you will get an unauthorized boot loop)
    #5 Flash http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407577109 (The Loki-Doki)
    #6 Reboot and let it sit for 5 or 6 minutes
    #7 ????
    #8 PROFIT

Report back here with any info or updates you guys have. I have tried a couple other i9505 ROMs with limited success but working together we might find some other ROMs this method works with. Also in the ROM thread iB4STiD has included links to remove a lot of bloat and additional mods.

To get LTE go into your APN settings adn change "epic.T-Mobile.com" to "fast.T-Mobile.com" The data icon wont change to LTE, but I am getting 26 Mbps

Give credit where it is due:
    The ROM was created by: iB4STiD
    Loki-Doki was created by: TheAxman
    Both cool guys who gave me the go ahead to post their work.
    I'm aware of what the bootloader is, yes. But this is an i9505 ROM so it won't boot with the i545 without getting the unauthorized Verizon software screen. It was to my knowledge that the i9505 bootloader was removed to avoid this.

And I am on the MDK bootloader in case you were wondering. :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Roms do not have bootloaders, your phone does. Which was my point. If you have an mdk phone you have an exploitable bootloader. They are not packaged in the rom nor can they be removed from the phone. I just find it interesting that someone posting a ROM for testers ( as well as you, the tester ) doesn't seem understand this....
    I know there are not alot of us around here, but I know of a few guys that are running a Verizon S4 with A T-Mobile SIM card.

I have been running Verizon ROMS and getting 95% functionality. Service is weird, but works most of the time with a few area's that I have to manually go into gsm mode to keep data. BUT I may have found a work around for all of it.

I am running a the i9505 4.4.2 TW ROM GoldenEye, nothing was changed in the ROM to make it work better with Verizon. I posted a thread to let other people know about it here and it is working for some, and it is failing for others with APN problems, but it was/is 100% working for me with no changes to settings at all. I installed, Loki-Dokied, and booted up to 4G automatically running. I got LTE by changing one word in the APN.

SO I need a couple guys who are running a T-Mobile sim in their i545 to test this method for me and see if I just got really lucky or if we have a winner here.

I will put the how to in the next thread.

I'm running on TMobile. I actually have been since we first started discussing the 4.4 TW roms on the i545. I've had no issues and didn't have to enter any APN settings.

The ROMs we are flashing, Goldeneye for instance, do not include the bootloader. If we were flashing Samsung images then bootloaders and modems would probably be included, and would probably brick the phone since we'd be flashing incorrect sw. That said, as long as you are on the MDK bootloader, exploited by Loki, and running a custom recovery, then following the steps in the OP should work for you. If you get stuck in a bootloop, it's probably a kernel error. Loki-doki should solve that for you. If not, that's why you have your Nandroid back right ;)

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

FYI guys, I just flashed ktoonez Touchwiz Kit Kat Kernel. I took it from the Tmobile thread since there isn't a Verizon one yet. You need to flash loki-doki after flashing this kernel. So far no issues. I'll report back if I find any issues.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2289140
    I am using a t-mobile SIM and am still on MDK. I followed the instructions in the OP, and the phone appears to be working. No other mods, themes, etc. other than the OP. SMS, MMS, Data all appear to work. Speeds seem consistent with LTE, but no way to know.

On initial boot, however, I always get this message: "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped". However, after accepting the message, the phone appears to work normally. It may have something to do with the dark dialer theme that appears to be part of this ROM. I have seen that message before...

MaxYoda

If it says 4G at the top, it's LTE. If it says H or H+, it's HSPA/3G.

About the force close, did you wipe before you flashed?