[Q] I need help i am about ready to scream.

Search This thread

Jamkul

Jan 14, 2012
SLC, UT
I have a stock HTC one android 4.4.2 locked T-mobile. I pluged my phone into my computer. Phone randomly rebooted. when it tried to ccome back it hung at the splash screen. I can access the hboot and recovery and fastboot. I think if I am somehow able to reflash the software everything will be ok.

..\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
< waiting for device >
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.24.3263.09
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.531.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON

(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4168mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.110s

is this going to work or will I brick my phone?
I cant access my phone through adb.
how do i do this if it will work?

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I have a stock HTC one android 4.4.2 locked T-mobile. I pluged my phone into my computer. Phone randomly rebooted. when it tried to ccome back it hung at the splash screen. I can access the hboot and recovery and fastboot. I think if I am somehow able to reflash the software everything will be ok.

..\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
< waiting for device >
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.24.3263.09
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.531.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON

(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4168mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.110s

is this going to work or will I brick my phone?

how do i do this if it will work?

have you tried to fastboot erase cache?

If your phone is still under warranty and bootloader is locked, you should return it to t-mob before attempting anything that could potentially void your warranty.... like unlocking the bootloader

Last edited:

Jamkul

Jan 14, 2012
SLC, UT
have you tried to fastboot erase cache?

If your phone is still under warranty and bootloader is locked, you should return it to t-mob before attempting anything that could potentially void your warranty.... like unlocking the bootloader

i have contacted tmoble and htc and am just trying to figure out my options. I do not want to unlock bootloader or anything that will void the warranty but if i can sideload an os and fix the problem myself all the better.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
i have contacted tmoble and htc and am just trying to figure out my options. I do not want to unlock bootloader or anything that will void the warranty but if i can sideload an os and fix the problem myself all the better.

if you phone is still under warranty then go to t-mob and ask for a replacement.

Sideloading require to unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery. You should be able to make your phone boot by flashing a rom but if not, you will be stuck with an unlocked bootloader and t-mob/htc will then assume you screwed the device because you have unlocked the bootloader and flashed something bad and your warranty will be invalid. So if you care about warranty, ask a the unit to be repaired or replaced under warranty. Better option imo but its your choice.

Reactions: Jamkul

Jamkul

Jan 14, 2012
SLC, UT
I can't get adb to work at all so I'm sending our back to HTC. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

if you phone is still under warranty then go to t-mob and ask for a replacement.

Sideloading require to unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery. You should be able to make your phone boot by flashing a rom but if not, you will be stuck with an unlocked bootloader and t-mob/htc will then assume you screwed the device because you have unlocked the bootloader and flashed something bad and your warranty will be invalid. So if you care about warranty, ask a the unit to be repaired or replaced under warranty. Better option imo but its your choice.