[Q] Galaxy s4 wifi issue - apps not working after firmware upgrade on linksys router

Search This thread

vish.me

Apr 21, 2014
Bangalore
Hello all!
I have a Galaxy s4 (i9500) and a linksys cisco e900 router
Recently my isp asked me to upgrade the firmware
Until I updatee my firmware everything was working fine
After the firmware upgrade I am experiencing the following issues:
At the beginning when I conmect to my wifi everything works fine for the first 5 min, all apps work flawlessly, then suddenly my phone only uploads date (up arrow only) but no down arrow n then my apps such as whatsapp, fb messenger, etc do not recieve any data until I goto those apps and stay in there for about a min. Then I get all my whatsapp messages sent about a min ago . But my browser seems fine..and the speed there is good.
What could be the problem .
Is it my phone or the router.
Please help me out here :(

SeraphSephiroth

Mar 17, 2013
Hello all!
I have a Galaxy s4 (i9500) and a linksys cisco e900 router
Recently my isp asked me to upgrade the firmware
Until I updatee my firmware everything was working fine
After the firmware upgrade I am experiencing the following issues:
At the beginning when I conmect to my wifi everything works fine for the first 5 min, all apps work flawlessly, then suddenly my phone only uploads date (up arrow only) but no down arrow n then my apps such as whatsapp, fb messenger, etc do not recieve any data until I goto those apps and stay in there for about a min. Then I get all my whatsapp messages sent about a min ago . But my browser seems fine..and the speed there is good.
What could be the problem .
Is it my phone or the router.
Please help me out here :(

Try modifying your wifi connection in your phone. Instead of DHCP use static. Leave the IP it's usually fine.
Change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and the secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4 (Google OpenDNS)
This usually solves the problems.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk