Reset my phone

Search This thread

sfld

Jul 24, 2007
Was having a few bugs on baja 16 so i figured i would wipe data cache and system and do a reboot. However when im rebooting its getting stuck at the samsung custom screen. Am i going to have to use odin to restore my phone? Or is there a way to get back into safestrap recovery from here

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Was having a few bugs on baja 16 so i figured i would wipe data cache and system and do a reboot. However when im rebooting its getting stuck at the samsung custom screen. Am i going to have to use odin to restore my phone? Or is there a way to get back into safestrap recovery from here

Try booting into downoad mode, then cancel it and reboot. You can also try booting into the stock recovery and doing a factory reset.

sfld

Jul 24, 2007
Try booting into downoad mode, then cancel it and reboot. You can also try booting into the stock recovery and doing a factory reset.

I tried the download mode cancel, but it just goes to the custom screen directly after that. I just dont feel like using odin to flash a stock tar and then have to reroot.

I also did a factory reset in the stock recovery but it looks like its going to stay frozen on the screen. I was on baja 16 with the nc4 radio, is there a nc2 rooted stock rom i can flash via odin?

Last edited:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I tried the download mode cancel, but it just goes to the custom screen directly after that. I just dont feel like using odin to flash a stock tar and then have to reroot.

I also did a factory reset in the stock recovery but it looks like its going to stay frozen on the screen. I was on baja 16 with the nc4 radio, is there a nc2 rooted stock rom i can flash via odin?

Unfortunately there isn't an NC2 tar that can be flashed through Odin. Just flash MJE, root with TowelRoot, install SU, BusyBox and SS 3.65 then upgrade.

Reactions: sfld

sfld

Jul 24, 2007
Unfortunately there isn't an NC2 tar that can be flashed through Odin. Just flash MJE, root with TowelRoot, install SU, BusyBox and SS 3.65 then upgrade.

cant i flash MJE then root with kingo? Or is towelroot the best thing going? Looks like its going to be a long day at work lol

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Hey airmaxx, i rooted my phone and am currently on mje with 3.65 safestrap. Should i update my safestrap and then load the nc2 rooted rom? then install baja? Or what order would you do it in

You need to install the ROM first (while still on SS 3.65) then immediately boot from recovery to download mode to flash the firmware in Odin, then reboot and install SS 3.75.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.