MIUI for Note 3 - Talk & Troubleshooting

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone want me to share a link to the download? Ill upload it now and a link will be provided when its done. If miui or devs ask why, I'll tell them straight....your servers are slow lol

Edit: here you go people....faster servers and downloads lol https://mega.co.nz/#!eI81jaRK!wCkxmM80EU1yV6Nhe-KpbKxoC8HqbDW_wgacaoFx_7Q

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Someone made a Lite Gapps package which will keep the OTA function intact:
    http://en.miui.com/thread-27918-1-1.html
    since everyone here as tried it out....and since the cm based ones arent pursued right now....which tw based one is good? the one in the chinese site? or the one that bhflower just released on the official page? thanks

The tw one is just as good if not better, haven't encountered any real problems yet. Also no insufficient storage left problems etc. It will be updated frequently :). Already had my first update!

The lack of information for newer MIUI users is quite disturbing. They just added the new download for a TW based one, without any further information.

1. I currently run 4.7.4 CM based, as the new 4.7.8 is TouchWiz based, would I need to fresh install everything now? It is weird because the built-in updater shows you an update but you don't know if you need to or not.

2. Does the TW based one look exactly the same way as the Cyanogen based one (really in every way)? Does it have exactly the same features (exlcuding Samsung features of TW one)?

3. Is the TW based version filled with the regular Samsung junk like Samsung Account, Samsung Push Service, Samsung Hub, Samsung Link etc. etc. etc.? That would be a reason not to go to TW based for me.

4. What is with the Cyanogen based versions now? Won't they get maintained officialy anymore for the Note 3?

1. If you have a miui account most settings will be restored on reinstall ( if you install the tw one like I did, all my settings were the same after the wipe and reinstall )

2. Exactly the same, it's even the same in terms of smoothness so you won't be disappointed.

3. I don't have any of those apps installed so I think it doesn't have that bloat!

4.i don't know that one but the tw version is better imo. Everything just works out of the box I need. Not so many bugs, I can even install xposed and it works via wsm tools. Could not do that on the cm version.

also having spen support is nice and multi window works as well :D
    Hope this helps a bit :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 beast of a phone.
    thanks i was worried. after your consolation im now tension free but still little bit worried ;) . btw i'hv seen another problem. i have done
    1.wipe data/factory reset
    2.wipe caches
    3.advance>wipe data delvik caches
    then install the zip. but after all when i go to my explorer i seen all of my old file ( data,photo,music etc) on my phone is still available. but may be 1st time i installed x-note the phone memory was complicitly formatted.

Thats becouse the wipe data/factory reset only formats the system files etc. Not your internal sd card. When you flash a completely new firmware via Odin most of the times it will wipe the whole phone.

Hello,

I installed the official MIUI 4.7.4 build on my Note 3 N9005, all I get is a black screen after a reboot. I can get to Downloadmode and CWM recovery, so I got that going at least ^^

Things I have done:
    - Flash via CWM
    - I did the regular wipes and clearups
    - I waited about an hour for the first boot, but nothing
    - 2 restarts with 30 minutes waiting time for boot each, but nothing
    - Installed it again after wiping a second time

The version is for N9005 (which I have), so this couldn't be the problem either. The downloaded file is also complete and not corrupted or anything. What did go wrong?

I read you need phillz recovery.
    Where did you download it? I can't find a link