Galaxy Tab not booting, stuck at "GalaxyTab Samsung" boot screen

Search This thread

loonyt

Jun 24, 2010
Hello,

I have flashed my Galaxy Tab with roto JMI, but it's stuck at the "GalaxyTab / Samsung" boot screen.

I can get into download mode with volume down and power, I can reflash it but in the end it does not boot.

What can i do?

loony

loonyt

Jun 24, 2010
I am still having this problem. I am wondering if there is any way how to debug whats happening at the Samsung logo screen. With adb the devices is not detected (it seems not to be detected at the usb controller).

rsmurdoch

Jan 18, 2007
Seattle
What did you use to flash?
What files did you use?
Give all the info so people can help

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

zolakero

Apr 22, 2008
Hi, I have exactly the same problem.
After upgrade du JMI roto with odin 1.7 (all upload seems to be ok, repartition with p1 and pda file Roto-JMI-Full-v2 no error message) but the device hangs on samsung galaxy tab logo and don't boot.
In my case previous version was pda jj3/phone jid / scs jj2

loonyt

Jun 24, 2010
What did you use to flash?
What files did you use?
Give all the info so people can help

Device it GT-P1000 (German/European version)

1. Bought the device
  2. Got a lot of restarts
  3. Flashed with P1000OXAJM6
  4. Device worked again for some days
  5. Device not booting anymore
  6. Tried reset with different methods (Touch screen, press power; Touch menu button and power button): Sometimes worked, sometimes not
  7. Recently not booting anymore, no trick worked
  8. Flashed Roto Roto-JMI-Full-v2.tar with P1_add_hidden.pit
  9. Device still not starting
  10. Flashed original firmware: GT-P1000_P1000XXJK5_P1000OXAJK5_P1000XXJK5_P1000XXJK5_XX_DBT.zip
  11. Device not starting
  12. Flashed ROTO with Heimdall again (before used Odin only): Device not booting

Thanks!

Last edited:

deathscyte

Sep 14, 2008
Same Problem

Im on the SPH-P100, I have the same issue I can access it in Adb the log shows it in stalling all of my old .apks but it never boots past the logo.I have re flashed also but no luck plz help if u can i can post the logcat here but it goes for hrs -_- I assume it loops the process.

loonyt

Jun 24, 2010
  1. Flashed with P1000OXAJM6

So, this one contains a bootloader (Sbl.bin). maybe thats the cause of the problem. Still, I wonder why it started in the first place and then after some reboots it gets stuck. I tried different Kernels with no luck. Maybe I should try to flash a new bootloader? However, that could brick the device forever.

Loonyt

loonyt

Jun 24, 2010

1. Bought the device
  2. Got a lot of restarts
  3. Flashed with P1000OXAJM6
  4. Device worked again for some days
  5. Device not booting anymore
  6. Tried reset with different methods (Touch screen, press power; Touch menu button and power button): Sometimes worked, sometimes not
  7. Recently not booting anymore, no trick worked
  8. Flashed Roto Roto-JMI-Full-v2.tar with P1_add_hidden.pit
  9. Device still not starting
  10. Flashed original firmware: GT-P1000_P1000XXJK5_P1000OXAJK5_P1000XXJK5_P1000XXJK5_XX_DBT.zip
  11. Device not starting
  12. Flashed ROTO with Heimdall again (before used Odin only): Device not booting

Thanks!

*bump* Can anybody help?

dlui1

Dec 24, 2007
Sydney
I have a very similar problem.

I flashed the [ROM] Roto JMI Pre-Rooted Firmware v2 [Feb 4, 2011], and got stuck on the Samsung Boot screen.

Now, I can't even get the Downloading mode to work. It opens fine, but Odin/Heimdall doessn't detect the Tab at all.

Hopefully, someone knows what's going on. If not, I'm taking it back to my carrier, and asking them to fix it (assuming they'll fix it).

Qsilver2001

Dec 17, 2010
Now, I can't even get the Downloading mode to work. It opens fine, but Odin/Heimdall doessn't detect the Tab at all.

Dont get what you mean by that. You cant get it to download mode but your tab start up fine?

Download mode = press vol down + power pn button.

As for odin/heimdall doesnt detect the tab it could be usb port (some reports in android development thread) or could be usb drivers.

As i need to switch usb drivers when i need to flash my tab & my dell streak.

Hope it helps to start you off.

dlui1

Dec 24, 2007
Sydney
Dont get what you mean by that. You cant get it to download mode but your tab start up fine?

Download mode = press vol down + power pn button.

As for odin/heimdall doesnt detect the tab it could be usb port (some reports in android development thread) or could be usb drivers.

As i need to switch usb drivers when i need to flash my tab & my dell streak.

Hope it helps to start you off.

I meant that I can get into Download mode, with the Downloading logo, but doesn't get detected by Odin. And it stays stuck on the Samsung boot logo if turned on normally. Can't get into recovery either.

Before I flashed the Roto ROM, Odin was working perfectly fine. I've been flashing other kernels and ROMs before. But now, the USB doesn't even seem to get detected. It's like nothing is plugged in. Can't even choose to install/uninstall old/new drivers.

I dont think it's the USB port, as I've tried to connect to Odin on 3 different computers, trying every available port on each. It's looking like the USB connector is just dead or something.

loonyt

Jun 24, 2010
My tabs mainboard was broken, it was replaced and now it works again.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

metocom

Jun 28, 2010
Same problem here man. I CAN get in to download mode. Odin recognize it normally. I CAN download normally. Look likes everything is normal, but after update it restarts, but hangs on Galaxy Tab Samsung logo. I've tryed everything with different firmware, custom-roms, hacking things, but with no success.

Can someone please help me?

tupo05

Jan 3, 2009
Fes
Same problem here. My tab is stuck at samsung galaxy logo and until now, no one could provide an answer.
I flashed some ROM from samfirmware that must of locked the bootloader (JMF). Then I tried to flash JM6, JMA, JMC, JMK, JJ4, JJ7, JM5, JJ1, JID and almost all ROTO's. with and without pit files using ODIN 1.7. I also tried a stock ROGERS ROM (that i downloaded from this forum) using Heimdall. The tab always boots to samsung galaxy tab logo. I've done alot of reading in this forum and followed many flashing instructions but when applied, it doesn't work for me.
My main concern: is there still hope with the tab ? or it's gone forever.
Is there any specific order that i must follow when flashing ? ( ie, flash one specific ROM before another). The tab was canadian that was flashed to euro.
Thanks for reading my post.

Doodle

Aug 14, 2006
Same Here, I tried many combinations with the help of experts on this board. Conclusion: shipped to Sammy for warranty repair.

Top Liked Posts