Best ROM currently

Search This thread

Superm@π

Dec 30, 2011
Hey guys, I have an x2 so I'm new to this forum but I want to flash a ROM on my wifes Droid x (used to be my Droid x). What's the best ROM currently (with working camcorder cause that's a big deal apparently)? Thanks everyone!

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

djRamage

Apr 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I have been using YACK (Yet Another CM7 Kang) for a while and loved the speed of it. Before that, CM7. I believe you stick with a CM7 based rom and your good. You can still enjoy HDMI features also.

Superm@π

Dec 30, 2011
Perfect. Thank you. You have a link our URL for yack?

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

djRamage

Apr 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I am unsure if I am allowed to post a link here, so I will explain how to get to it. Its on RootzWiki site, in the DroidX Development section. It is not in its own sub-category, I believe its on the second page. You should have no problems finding it.

Reactions: Superm@π

eaglesfan398

Jan 16, 2011
Rom

If she is new to android i would suggest Miui due to its user friendliness and its customizability.

djRamage

Apr 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
MIUI is nice, but I prefer the speed and stability of CM7. I always seem to have weird issues with MIUI, mainly bluetooth problems.

kent c

Apr 28, 2010
I installed YACK on my wife's x based of the recommendation. I found a couple of things annoying but might be a problem with many roms.
The button lights are either always on or always off. I would like them to come on with the screen back-light.
The notification LEDs don't work. I've tried to set them up in the KANG settings but so far haven't had any luck.
And last but not least my wife is on my ass about not having the "Droid" sound. (I can't win!)

steezone3

May 5, 2011
VT
MUIU for customization, CM7 is very sleek & stable. I like l
Liberty the best as all stock functions still work, very stable and seems to be the fastest of them.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am unsure if I am allowed to post a link here, so I will explain how to get to it. Its on RootzWiki site, in the DroidX Development section. It is not in its own sub-category, I believe its on the second page. You should have no problems finding it.