[Q] Unable to move apps to INTERNAL USB STORAGE.

Search This thread

digesh9870

Jul 5, 2011
Surat
Somebody plz let me know any workaround for moving apps to Internal USB storage. Under settings>application manager> there is an option to move apps to external sd card only. Is it possible to install/move apps to internal usb storage (around 11.5 GB). Please help.

Phone - Galaxy s2 (At&t sgh i777)
ROM - Shostock3 rom (android 4.1.2)

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
Somebody plz let me know any workaround for moving apps to Internal USB storage. Under settings>application manager> there is an option to move apps to external sd card only. Is it possible to install/move apps to internal usb storage (around 11.5 GB). Please help.

Phone - Galaxy s2 (At&t sgh i777)
ROM - Shostock3 rom (android 4.1.2)

I can only think of using a usb cable and manually storing in Internal SD Card.

digesh9870

Jul 5, 2011
Surat
Is it possible to partition the internal usb storage so as to use it as an external sd card ? Or can we change the default installation location of apps to Internal usb storage.

Please note that I am not using an external sd card. So i would like to move/install apps to internal usb storage. I have also read that many android phones have this option "Move to usb storage" under application manager.

azeem40

Jun 13, 2013
Frisco
Is it possible to partition the internal usb storage so as to use it as an external sd card ? Or can we change the default installation location of apps to Internal usb storage.

Please note that I am not using an external sd card. So i would like to move/install apps to internal usb storage. I have also read that many android phones have this option "Move to usb storage" under application manager.

Try taking out the data from the sd card, removing the sd card from the phone, and moving that data to the Internal SD Card. I don't think Shostock3 has that option.

digesh9870

Jul 5, 2011
Surat
I have all my apps and data installed in internal storage (i.e. 2 GB storage). But unable to move them to usb storage. I haven't mounted any external sd card. The storage is as follows :
Internal storage - 2 gb which is almost full because of apps
USB storage - 11 GB of which 9 GB
is occupied with audio, video and other files.
I seek to use this free space of usb storage for installing apps.

digesh9870

Jul 5, 2011
Surat
Without external sd card mounted, when i click move to sd card; it says "not enough storage space". But with external sd card mounted, I am able to move apps only to external sd card and not usb storage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-23-11-04-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-23-11-04-00.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 773
  • Screenshot_2013-07-23-11-03-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-23-11-03-33.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 730

chrisd87

Jul 12, 2013
I can only think of using a usb cable and manually storing in Internal SD Card.

That's imo going to be your best bet. Just manually move your apps to your usb storage through your pc.

Also, if you have ES file explorer, have you tried to use it to move your files to the usb storage?

Last edited:

digesh9870

Jul 5, 2011
Surat
Thanks for your replies. I have mounted an external sd card and using link2sd to move apps to it. One thing I noticed that with sd card mounted, when I move apps to external sd card, some part of the app moves to the usb storage and also the app size increases after doing so. However, still there is no direct way of moving/installing apps to usb storage without an external sd card.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

myttal

Jul 3, 2011
free up storage space

A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your phone either. That’s it!

SteveMurphy

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 22, 2012
Atlanta
A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your phone either. That’s it!

FYI, this code only works on Samsung-based roms; it won't work on AOSP roms.

Reactions: cyril279

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FYI, this code only works on Samsung-based roms; it won't work on AOSP roms.