Cyanogenmod 10.1 i747 Bug List (Updated Daily)

Search This thread

xiphosurus

Aug 11, 2011
Looks like OP abandoned this thread. Title claims to be updated daily, but it has been a week since he updated the bug list in OP.

DRFTsil40

Dec 22, 2012
You would have to save the ringtone as Ogg and do something with the metadata to set loop as true

Edit. I don't wanna make another post so I'll just put a bug that I happen to encounter. When you have the launch music app on connect enabled, while having another app open it will randomly open the music app even though you already have the music app running and listening to music

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

MWilkenson

Oct 10, 2011
Pensacola
I just grabbed 0117 and I don't get the long press issue. I press, I get back to my home page. I long press, and I get the list of apps. Works for me.
My hotspot doesn't work with WPA or WPA2 enabled. My hotspot user keeps saying, 'Connecting...', then 'Disconnected', over and over again. Open works fine. Some encryption issue?

Also, when I'm in Pandora and I attempt to create a new station, I get a keyboard to pop up for just a split second, then is disappears. So, I can't add any new stations this way.

Bluetooth untested with 0117, but with previous versions it's been wanky for both bluetooth calls/audio (I have a Parrot MKI9200). I'll test and update this entry.

:good:

Any news on the Pandora issue?

DRFTsil40

Dec 22, 2012
Music related

I get this bug where the music app crashes when I try changing a song by holding down the volume button while the screen is off/locked. After turning on the phone, there would be flickering of what seems to be the Camera widget over the Music app widget(either Apollo/Google Music)

krab19

Aug 5, 2012
I upgraded my AT&T SGS3 from CM10 to 10.1 by rebooting to recovery and flashing the 10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2att-M1 ROM and the gapps-jb-20121212-signed package. Been using it since last night and everything seems to work correctly.

The issue that I'm having is that all ringtones will only ring once when receiving a call. Sorry I had to edit because I though that some ringtones worked but it was that those were really long ringtones :(

Another minor issue: how can I add Google Now to the LockScreen slider up position? It was there by default on 4.1.2 JB/CM 10, with the camera to the left and unlock to the right.

For the ringtone issue what i would suggest is to do a clean install of the latest nightly, which should be cm-10.1-20130131-NIGHTLY-d2att. I am currently using the latest nightly and do not experience this issue. As for adding Google Now to the lock screen what you need to do is go into your settings, go to the lock screen settings, from there select slider shortcuts. You can then select to put it in any position you would like. Once you select the position you can add it, so tap on "empty" then tap "Applications" and from there you can select Google.

curry67

Mar 3, 2012
Calgary, AB
I withdraw this statement cause I had cymod 10 not 10.1 installed new monthly resolved these issues I've had. Only thing I've had is a couple odd force closes but most of that is with new stuff they have added. I love 4.2.1

Last edited:

skydiverMN

Mar 9, 2007
running 10.1-20130213_nightly

I have a Galaxy S3 I7474 (ATT), currently running running 10.1-20130213_nightly.
Updates on what I've been experiencing. Hopefully this helps with development.

I used my bluetooth Parrot Mki9200 for a phone call with the 0212 nightly and it worked well. The person I was speaking with could hear me pretty well, without cutting in/out. I haven't used BT in almost 2 weeks as it was mostly useless. I have not installed any bluetooth 'fixes'. I'm running the ROM as it's available for download. No funny business here. I didn't have an opportunity to test the bluetooth music, through Pandora, etc. That being said, you still can't add new channels in Pandora. The keyboard flashes for a second, then disappears.

What I did notice in this version is that the audio (Pandora with headphones, specifically) seems much less bassy than previous builds. I was originally running with bass boost at minimal, but had to move it to extreme to get anything. It's still definitely lacking, but better.

The home button, or whatever you call it (the big a$$ main button), seems to no longer just think you're always doing a long press. That being said, this used to sometimes work, sometimes not (thinking it was a long press, that is). A restart often fixed this for awhile, but not permanently. At this point, I haven't run into a mistaken long press issue. Yet. Nice for accessibility. Thanks.

Anyone have success with Wi-Fi access point?

Developers, thanks for your time on this project!

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

When I power up the Access Point I can connect to it with my laptop, only when it's in OPEN mode. Even though I'm 'connected' I can't do anything and any browser times out trying to connect to anything. When I add WPA2 encryption, nothing works, and I can't even see my AP from the laptop anymore. Damn. This is something that would be very slick to get up and running! Anyone have better luck?

Thanks!

Reactions: farice

aew0314

Sep 18, 2012
Mississauga
Using the the nightly from Feb 13. Every time I take a picture the phone screen shuts off and the phone freezes that way then only way to get it going is to take the battery out and put it back in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

curry67

Mar 3, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'm running the latest monthly from cm and it seems the only issue for me is the home button thing like the guy who posted a couple behind me. It thinks your doing long press and forces to task manager. I usually just need to lock then swipe a few times

mookie_33

Jul 21, 2011
Bunker Hill, IL
I'm on the latest monthly build of 10.1 and the only problems I've come across so far is the aforementioned long press problem and idk if anyone has run across this problem yet but my front facing camera is inoperable with 10.1. Unless im blind and can't see the switch in the camera app then I would think it's a problem. Anyone else having touble with the ffc?

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

I'm on the latest monthly build of 10.1 and the only problems I've come across so far is the aforementioned long press problem and idk if anyone has run across this problem yet but my front facing camera is inoperable with 10.1. Unless im blind and can't see the switch in the camera app then I would think it's a problem. Anyone else having touble with the ffc?

I know I'm quoting myself but I just found the answer to my ffc problem. Sorry for the wasted space.

xCAVEMANx

Mar 1, 2009
No Support for exFAT

The Galaxy S3 supports memory cards above 32GB but the only kernel that supports exFAT is the stock kernel. Could the default CM 10.1 kernel be modified to include exFAT support? Many users would love to use your ROM but can't make the switch because your kernel fails to recognize the SD card unless it is fat32. Windows will not format above 32GB as fat32 only NTFS or exFAT. Linux does not recognize exFAT either. There are 3rd party apps for windows that will format exFAT cards as fat32, but then the speed gains of the exFAT file system are obviously lost. I don't think being able to handle files 2GB and up (a feature of exFAT) will be a problem, most people use it to store media and phone backups. The only alternative is to dump our memory cards, install 3rd party format program, and replace all the card's files all over again. This is a pain in the ass. Is there any kernel other than stock that supports exFAT and is compatible with CM10+ and AOSP roms?

ouija147

Dec 28, 2010
The Galaxy S3 supports memory cards above 32GB but the only kernel that supports exFAT is the stock kernel. Could the default CM 10.1 kernel be modified to include exFAT support? Many users would love to use your ROM but can't make the switch because your kernel fails to recognize the SD card unless it is fat32. Windows will not format above 32GB as fat32 only NTFS or exFAT. Linux does not recognize exFAT either. There are 3rd party apps for windows that will format exFAT cards as fat32, but then the speed gains of the exFAT file system are obviously lost. I don't think being able to handle files 2GB and up (a feature of exFAT) will be a problem, most people use it to store media and phone backups. The only alternative is to dump our memory cards, install 3rd party format program, and replace all the card's files all over again. This is a pain in the ass. Is there any kernel other than stock that supports exFAT and is compatible with CM10+ and AOSP roms?

Yes, it can be added, but who will pay Microsoft the flat licensing fee?

I can't, can you?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExFAT#section_4

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Just posted this bug/missing feature over at the CM forums:

Looks like none of the CM10.1 builds for any USA based Galaxy S3 does not have dock mode working properly. When a user is in any car dock app, such as CarHome Ultra or Car Dock Home 3, when the user presses the physical "home" button on the phone, it should remain in the Car Dock app. But instead, it returns the user to the phone's desktop.

Here are just a few of the other folks who have the same issue:

http://forum.xda-dev...93#post38386193

http://forum.xda-dev...postcount=11901

http://forum.cyanoge...le-dock-issues/

Edit: Per CM forums, this is what Google did for 4.2. Doesn't make much sense to me though.

Last edited:

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
MHL Support not working
Bluetooth with Honda's Handsfree link will not display music info using Google's Play Music app (it does with Stock TW)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please post any bugs you experienced and what nightly they are found in. This is going to be updated daily starting with the 1/06 nightly. PLEASE check if someone already posted the bug so repeats are minimal. This thread is also intended to be a place to discuss workarounds and fixes for bugs.
    Nightly: 2/21
    Confirmed Bugs:
    -Bluetooth issues (media streaming and calls)
    -random bug where everything is taken as a long press
    -Occasional flickering (very rare)
    .........-FIX: Ktoonsez 4.2.1 Kernel 1/1 Build. Download link: goo(dawt)gl(slash)xUrML
    ........ -FIX2: disable HW overlay in developer options
    -terminal emulator and movie studio force close
    ......... -FIX: delete then install from Play Store
    -Hotspot issues
    ......... -FIX: use SVTP
    -Visual voicemail issues
    -Pandora keyboard issue

Unconfirmed Bugs:
    -MMS issues (works on and off)
    -First few seconds of songs in Apollo are louder than normal.
    -screen mirroring
    -dock audio
    -WiFi stability problems
    -Notification light does not work with unread text messages once the screen has timed out.
    -When pressing the power button to turn screen off, there is a delay.

Resolved Bugs
    -echo when calling using speakerphone
    -Quiet in-call volume
    -ringtone is distorted when on full volume
    -screen flickers when changing volume in YouTube, Google Music, browsers, and some other apps
    -delay for the other person to hear you when your answer the phone call
    Home button randomly bugs out and starts going to the app switcher rather than homescreen. Annoying, but restarting phone fixes it.
    Add This One

Bug:

1) EXTREMELY quiet in-call volume, both with the front facing speaker and the rear speaker phone. This affects all 4.2 AOSP ROMs.

And just so the people who don't search can see it as well :

2) Bluetooth does not work for streaming media, and is flaky for calls

3) Screen flickering in Gallery - hard to recreate on-demand but is definitely there in the Gallery and some other apps. Can be fixed (mostly) by using Ktoonsz's 4.2.1 kernel ( I have had the best results with the 1/1 test release and can provide a link if needed). Disabling HW Overlay on Developer Options can help most cases of this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Add This One

Bug:

1) EXTREMELY quiet in-call volume, both with the front facing speaker and the rear speaker phone. This affects all 4.2 AOSP ROMs.

And just so the people who don't search can see it as well :

2) Bluetooth does not work for streaming media, and is flaky for calls

3) Screen flickering in Gallery - hard to recreate on-demand but is definitely there in the Gallery and some other apps. Can be fixed (mostly) by using Ktoonsz's 4.2.1 kernel ( I have had the best results with the 1/1 test release and can provide a link if needed). Disabling HW Overlay on Developer Options can help most cases of this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I appreciate your help.
    No but I figured the fact that there was nothing on the phone but a stock rooted image and the rom zips meant there would be nothing to get rid of.

You need to fully wipe System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache whenever you switch from a stock TW based ROM to an AOSP based ROM.